Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome to Card Capital

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 am

The streets were busy for a weekday afternoon, mostly with younger people moving all to one place. A building with cards and tables all around. There was a single man with glasses at the counter and a cat at his side. This was the card shop known as Card Capital.

At the tables, a boy with green hair turned a card on the table sideways and called out, "Attack!" the one on the opposite side fell over as he had been defeated. The boy had a small grin to his face as he lightly said, "With skill of that level, you still have a long way to go. Face me again only once you improve." As the boy stood up, there were whispers all around. "Who's that guy think he is?" one person said. "That's the NovaRaizer, the top Cardfighter in the shop," another whispered, answering the question. "He definitely is strong," another person said as the boy simply started to walk towards the door slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:41 am

Sitting at the table closest to the door was a young girl with a mixture of short and long lengths of blue hair. She saw the green haired man that was fighting starting to leave, but did not make any comment as she decided to focus on her cards.

"CEO Amaterasu..." she muttered as she placed the Grade 3 card over her Grade 2 Maiden of Libra. She sat up straight and crossed her arms, narrowing her light blue eyes at the current layout in front of her: Amaterasu as her Vanguard with a Sword Dancer Angel on the left and a Omnyoji of the Moonlit Night on the right. Underneath the cards were two Battle Sister Cocoa's and an Oracle Guardian Gemini under Amaterasu.

"It can soul charge one card at the start of the main phase...Then, I can look at my top card and decide to put it back on the top or on the bottom..." She scratched her head as she tries to read the second effect. "And that...what does taht say again? Soul...blast 8 and....something...5?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:52 am

A yellow haired boy with a blue school uniform looked at the girl with a small grin. "Hee hee... for a green horn, you're pretty good at this," the boy said as he looked at the girl's style of battle. "Ya know, you might even be able to hold your own in the tournament coming up in a few weeks." The sound of the boy's words caused the green haired man to stop, turning slowly to the girl as he watched her from a distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:58 am

"Ah...T-Thanks." She unknowningly stuttered as she turned to the boy. "I really don't think I would be able to do a tournament, though...I haven't played for a while." She tried to chuckle, but she knew it sounded fake as she turned back to her cards. From the corner of her eye, she saw the green haired man looking at her and gulped. "Even so...I still can't remember some skills...and the only type I've fought was a Kagero deck...I don't think I'll be doing anything like that anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:02 am

The only white haired boy in the shop seemed to be mulling over the cards in his hand at the back of the store, his eyes blinking slowly before his ears twitched at the talking in the background. He merely averted his gaze and shuffled the spread cards back into a full-fledged deck, sliding it within the pocket on the front of his red shirt. Kagero? A word that even a rookie like himself knew, a single card still between his fingers as he brought it up to his features, taking a quick look at the grade before sliding it within the same pocket. He felt out of place at this store, a sigh echoing over his lips as he put his hands by his sides as he began to walk towards the counter, seemingly intent on buying something.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 am

The green haired man walked over to them, sitting in the seat in front of the girl. With his hand to his cards he calmly said, "Show me... Just what you've learned so far." The people around started to crowd, knowing the boy well. Many people watched him to attempt getting better at the game as he seemed one of the most experienced at it, considering it was new to the entire area. "Oh ho," the blond boy said. "Looks like ya caught his eye. It'd be pretty rude to say know with so may people watching, eh girly?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am

"E-Eh?!" The girl widen her eyes as the same person sat down in front of her. With the people gathering around to watch, she wasn't able to slip out of the way with an excuse. Surrendering to his challenge, she let out a heavy sigh as she gathered up her cards and put them back on her deck. "All...All right, I guess." she stuttered, looking through her deck and placing a card face down on the Vangaurd circle. She started to shuffle her deck with ease, showing that she was used to handling cards. "Umm...How will we determine who goes first?" She asked her opponent, hesitantly looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 am

The man observed her every move, seeing small hesitation in her handling of her cards, but not enough to actually want to back away from the challenged. As his starting card was placed face down, he shuffled his deck and lightly said, "You said earlier that you haven't had many cardfights, correct? In that case, I'll begin simply to help explain things that might be difficult for you starting out." He drew his five cards, looking at them as he moved one hand to his face down card. "Stand Up... the Vanguard!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 am

"Ah...I already know the basics and such." she said, drawing her five cards. After a quick study of what she had, she took out two and put them back into her deck, shuffling them and redrawing two. "It's just...The only thing I don't know for sure are the terms. That's all..." She felt more nervous than anything, knowing that they were being watched by a lot of people. However, she didn't want that to get in her way. Letting out a sigh, she tried to calm down and focus as she flips over her face down card. "Stand up...Vanguard!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 am

In the image of the battle, a Mechanical robot creature appeared where the man once was. "Battleraizer." (Pow:3000) The man drew to begin his turn. "I ride Screaming and Dancing Announcer, Shout." A grey octopus with sunglasses appeared in the place of the Robot. (Pow:7000) "With Battleraizer's skill, it moves to the back when a Nova Grappler is ridden over it. Since the first player can't attack on the first turn I end with that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:27 am

The girl in the image of the battle was replaced with another girl adorned in a pink outfit that would closely resemble a sort of mage from a video game. "Lozenge Magus." (Pow: 3000). She drew her card and placed it in her hand.

"Nova Grappler..." the girl muttered as she saw the Battleraizer. Although she's only experienced Kagero and her current deck of Oracle Think Tank, she knows what the otehr clans just by first glance. However, she has no idea what kind of abilities they have.

"I ride Dark Cat." she declared as a small, futuristic robot looking cat appeared before Lozenge as she moved to the lower right of the cat (Pow: 7000) "Due to Lozenge's skill, it moves to a Rearguard Circle when ridden by a Oracle Think Tank. Not only that, Dark Cat allows us to draw a card when an Oracle Think Tank is a vanguard." She drew her card and, without missing a beat, took another card out of her hand. "

I call Battle Sister Cocoa!" In front of Lozenge was a purple haired nun with elf-like ears. (Pow: 6000). "With her skill, I can look at the top card of my deck and decide to leave it on the top or bottom." She took a card off her deck and gave it a quick glance before putting it on the bottom without a second thought. Turning her attention back to the green haired man, she placed her hand over her Dark Cat. "Battle! Dark Cat attacks Shout!" The black cat started to run towards the octopus at a quick speed, jumping up and threatening to slash down at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:36 am

The boy simply closed his eyes and placed his hand to his deck, flipping the top card over and looking at it. "Damage check... no trigger," he said lightly as he placed the card in the damage zone, showint that it, in fact, wasn't a trigger. The people around looked on in awe, not sure of what was about to happen as the battle continued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 am

Even though she was successful in getting a damage to him, she knew that was nothing to celebrate. It was only the second turn, both with Grade 1s out. Just because she got a few hits in early will not make things easier.

"Drive Trigger check." She flipped over the card on the top of her deck, revealing Victory Maker. "Draw Trigger. I add 5k Power to my Cocoa, who has yet to attack." She said as she draws a card, then places her hand on Lozenge Magus. "I attack Shout again with Cocoa, boosted by Lozenge Magus." She rests the two cards as a transfer of power was given to Cocoa. "Lozenge's Skill. When she boosts, the boost gains 3k power, making the total 12k."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:26 am

"Damage check," the boy said as his octopus was hit yet again. He flipped his card revealing a pink cat with a blue symbol on the top right. "Stand Trigger activate," he said as he placed it into the damage zone. However, given the situation, the trigger is irrelevant."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:56 pm

The girl let out a small sigh, seeing the Trigger. "I end my turn." she stated. "At the end of my turn, Lozenge Magus returns to my deck after boosting." She takes the Heal Trigger card and shuffles back into the deck before looking at the man, awaiting his move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 pm

The man drew his card, looking at his hand with a small grin. "I suppose this is where we see how skilled you are," he said lightly as he took a card from his hand. "I ride... Genocide Jack!" A black mechanical wolverine creature appeared where the octopus once stood. (Pow:11000) "Genocide Jack requires a Counterblast in order to attack. Because you damaged me last turn, I can use this card as I see fit." He flipped one of his Damage cards and then took another card from his hand.

"Now, I call Doug Mechanic." A yellow robot appeared right behind Genocide Jack. (Pow:7000) "Doug Mechanic's skill. With a Nova Grappler vanguard, I can unflip a damage when it's called." He flipped his damage again and took another card from his hand. "Finally, Magician Girl Kirara above Battleraizer!" A mechanical looking girl with a magic wand appeared in front of the robot from the first turn. (Pow:9000)

"Battle... With Battleraizer boosting, Magician Girl Kirara attacks Dark Cat. Battleraizer's skill... for this battle its boost is doubled to 6000." The robot started to glow with a blue aura as the girl jumped up and aimed its staff at the cat, shooting it as hearts shot out. (Pow:15000)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 pm

~C-Counterblast?~ She thought. She looked at the field carefully. "...No guard." She finally said. ~I need to focus on his Vanguard. If it happened to get a Trigger, I have to be prepared.~ "Da-Damage check..." She flipped over her top card and placed it on the Damage Zone. "No trigger..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 pm

The man gave a small grin as he lightly said, "Kirara's Counterblast... when her attack successfully hits the opponent, I can flip two damage to draw a card." He flipped his two damage zone cards and drew a single card. "Doug will now boost and Genocide Jack will attack Dark Cat. Genocide Jack's skill... when boosted by a Nova Grappler while the vanguard, its power increases by 5000." (Pow:23000)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 pm

"Counter blast again..." she muttered, taking two cards from her hand. "I guard with two Oracle Guardian Nikes!" Two giant statues of a man appeared to block Jack's attack with a total defense of 20000. "That's all I'll guard with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:41 pm

The boy looked at the top card in his deck, grinning lightly as he showed it to his opponent. "Trigger get... Battleraizer, Stand Trigger. Kirara gains 5000 power and stands. You should already know this, but any unit that stands can attack. Kirara attacks Dark Cat for 14000 power." The girl jumped up again, preparing to attack once again. "You would have been correct in your guard except Nova Grapplers gain power from Standing. The Vanguard's attack is second to the rear unit's ability to attack consecutively. You misread my actions."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 pm

"What?!" The girl said in shocked, her eyes widening. ~So...even if I were to block the vanguard's attack, if they have the ability to stand again, it's useless.~ "N-No guard..." She hissed as another card was added to the Damage Zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:48 pm

The man grinned as he picked up the Battleraizer card and placed it into his deck. "Battleraizer shared the skill of Lozenge Magus, returning to the deck at the end of the turn it boosts a unit. However, this means it can be used as a Stand Trigger later in the battle. Turn end." The people around were amazed, seeing an evenly fought match between two Vanguard fighters. It was the kind of match that made people love the game, and one of the reason it had become popular so quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 pm

"Stand and draw..." She muttered, standing her units back up and drawing her next card. She glanced up hesitantly at the man before mentally shaking herself and getting back in focus. "I ride Sword Dancer Angel!" Dark Cat disappeared in a bright light as a dancer with fiery red hair and wings appeared on the field (Pow: 8000).

"I move Cocoa back one and call Oracle Guardian Red Eye!" As the nun moved back, a red and silver futuristic fox appeared, seemingly a statue at first glance (Pow: 9000). "With a boost from Cocoa, I attack Genocide Jack with Red Eye!" As an aura surrounded Red eye, his eyes started to glow red as it started to move and made a mad dash to Jack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:21 pm

The boy placed a single card down on the field and calmly said, "Three Minutes to guard." A masked wrestler appeared in front of Jack, taking the blow and disappearing. The attack caused the Oracle to lose 5000 of its power, leaving it with only 10000. Not enough to harm Jack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Red Eye quickly fell to a stop just short of Jack, glaring at him as his power was reduced to 10000 before going back to its spot.

"In that case, I'll attack Kirara with Sword Dancer angel!" the girl cried as the angel flew over to the Rear Guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Card Capital   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Card Capital
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next