Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Keys of the Kingdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimly

PostSubject: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 am

Um. Hi there.

So basically I miss this place. A lot. And even more so I miss the people on it – both the characters and the people who made them. So I figured that I would try and make something so that we could all RP together once again!

...Though this will most likely crash and burn spectacularly because I am an epic failure at this but it's the thought that counts right?

To recap in case you've forgotten me – I type slow, I procrastinate, I am in no way shape or form a leader, I stink at storytelling, I have very little knowledge of the Kingdom Hearts series, I have trouble planning ahead, I HAVE MINIMAL PLANNING FOR THIS STORY RIGHT NOW, college is biting me in the butt, and I really shouldn't be doing this at all.

But dangit I miss this!

So hopefully I can pull something together that we'll all enjoy. If not...wait until I'm offline to laugh please?

(Sorry if this opening makes like no sense. It was a fun challenge to write though!)

So much to do, so little time...

A sea of nothingness. The feeling of déjà vu. Peace, and then chaos.

Don't be afraid.

Which way is down? Which way is up? It is impossible to tell.

The door is still shut.

– you'll understand –

There is no air.

– I don't think life is quite that simple –

You cannot breathe.

Now, step forward.

Something you want with all your heart stands before you.

Can you do it?

– don't go –

You cannot reach it.

– it's hard to let it go –

Power sleeps within you.

Briefly, there is peace again.

– hold me –

Then you are falling.

Use this power to protect yourself and others.

– whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on –

You are falling, falling, falling, like a star through the sky and who knows when you will hit the ground?

– regardless of warnings –

The day the door will open is both far off and very near.

There is light.

The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.

– the future doesn't scare me at all –

There is so much light you cannot see.

But don't be afraid.

It burns.

You hold a mighty weapon.

– regardless of warnings –

You close your eyes.

So don't be afraid.

– the future doesn't scare me at all –

And don't forget...

Suddenly you are standing.

– nothing's like before –

You may be the one who will open the door.

Ima opened her eyes to find herself in darkness.

But was she alone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:55 am

Wh-.......What?

His eyes flickered opened like those of the infant on their first gaze into the world, tender and new to the sun high overhead. Through squinted lids and a series of blinks aiming to protect his steel gray eyes from the burn, he had come to a less-than-desirable conclusion:

He couldn't see.

Well, he couldn't see clearly, at least. Everything had melded together into a hazy mesh of blue and white. His eyes, they were clouded. He would use his hands to rub them clear again. That is, if he could remember where they were. The entire world seemed backwards, upside down, confusion was surplussed in his mind. He.....couldn't remember where he was before, nor did he knew where he was now. All he knew was the light above him in the sky he now saw with clear eyes, the warmth of the sand underneath which he ran his fingers through, and the soft crashing just beyond reach, what he remembered as waves. It was nice. Peaceful.

But still, he could only think one solitary thought.

Get up, Asher. Get up.

OOC: HONEY I'M HOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!! Loved the intro, Dee. Let's do it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:16 am

"Ow. Did Erza get the drop on me again?"

The blonde rubbed his head at the sensation creeping along his noggin; all while showing no actual signs of being in any real pain. His amber eyes flickered open for a breath as his gloved fingers wrapped around steel and pulled himself up by the object. Whatever said object was anyway. Takato stumbled lightly as he slowly blinked and shook his head clear of any annoying dizziness tempting to distract him. Slowly he stood upon his feet and flexed his body upright after several moments; a sigh escaping past his lips before he gazed around in wonder. What exactly greeted his gaze caused him to nearly fall directly back onto his butt once more.

A peering blackness beckoned him from every direction; surrounding him totally and only being broken by what he was standing on. Glass? Much like he had usually seen in a church on those funky windows. Only instead of a boring portrait or odd note; there was a woman. A girl. Someone he definitely didn't recognize. Hell, the only reason he had worked out it was actually a person in the first place was because of how alluring the image was. A image of picture perfect beauty. "Where am I?" he muttered to himself; arching his head slightly towards where a light pitched upwards across from his form. He was alone. Completely alone and left for him to wanderer along the sphere-like floor that kept him afloat. Or so he thought.

Wait.

What was he holding?

Takato snapped his stare to the object in his grip and slowly raised it up; a mere breath before it was consumed in light. Fading into nothingness.

"A staff....?"

...With mouse ears?

What?

&&&&&&

-back-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:35 am

"Ngh...."

The sound of the blue haired girl groaning falls on silent ears as Zora opens her eyes, seeing nothing but black in front of her. Surrounded by the empty void, her first thought was if she was dead or not. She held onto her head, wondering what happened before she woke up before noticing she could see her right arm. "What the..." She moved both of her arms in front of her, able to see both of them clear as day, even the blackened demon right arm of hers is easily distinguishable.

"What the hell is going on....? Wehre's everyone else?" She mutters under her breath as she starts to look around, seeing nothing but hte black void until her gaze moves down. She nearly flinched in shock at the reflection of light and colors compared to the black space, seeing herself standing on a stain glass circle. Was this a dream? If it was, it's one fucked up dream. Hesitantly, she moves one foot in front of her, half expecting it to break underneath her before feeling the solid glass for sure. Letting out a sigh, she gains more confidence as teh demon girl walks around.

"Hey! Guys! Where are you?! Ima? Takato?! Raven!!!" She calls out as she looks around to find her friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 am

Not quite.

The false seaside would vanish from Asher's sight and touch, blown away like dust through his fingers. In its place would be a blackness that extended in all directions. There was no sound save for breathing and a ringing in the ears that indicated silence. The only light came from beneath, from the circular stained glass floor that depicted a beautiful girl holding a red apple, surrounded by small men and many animals. A hand was laid over her heart, and her expression was so peaceful that she might have been sleeping.

Ima glanced around the strange place, curious. Where was she? Why was she here? She couldn't remember what she had been doing before arriving there. In an attempt to find out where 'there' was, the girl walked to the edge of the floor and peered over. It dropped off into a dark and endless abyss. Even more curious, she used gravity to float and see if the fall was truly endless. At least, she tried. Ima found that her gravity powers would not work. In fact, no one had any sort of weapons or powers at all. Takato would find himself unable to conjure even the smallest spell. Though Zora's right arm was as demonic as ever, it would be no stronger than her left, and Kuro was nowhere to be found. Any abilities that Asher might possess were nullified, all weapons taken as well.

The sound of Zora's voice distracted the child from her worrying revelation. “Zora! Zora, I'm here!” Ima called out as she raced over to her friend. She gave the older girl a hug when she reached her. “Hi!” She continued, and grinned up brightly at her. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Takato, and she raced over to hug him as well. “I'm glad you're both here! It feels like it's been forever!”

That was when she noticed Asher. Ima released her death grip on Takato to bounce over and barrage the poor teen with all of her eight year old enthusiasm. “Hi! I'm Ima Terran! I like colors and games and smiles and my friends. Who are you? Are you asleep? Have you seen someone named Raven? Where is he? How did you get here? How did we get here? Did you bring us here? Why would you do that? Where...”

The child frowned slightly and stepped back, lost in her own thoughts. “Where are we?” Ima asked the group at large.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:56 am

The peaceful sands vanished away like the swipe of the magician's hand, leaving Asher to the darkness he was afraid of when he was young. He could've been just as afraid now, but fear was an emotion that didn't help when paired with confusion. He looked around from his position laying on the ground, hoping to find something, anything to determine where he was. Nothing. He found nothing, or maybe it was nothing that had found him? That would make things difficult. Still, there was one burning question that Asher needed answered, his very existence depending on it!

Where was his hat?

He turned a fingerless gloved hand around feeling about the ground for the hat in question. As he did, his eyebrow quirked at the cold touch of glass upon his fingertips. He slipped his hand back in the sudden shock, tenderly touching out once more for the hat. After a few more blind taps, his hand came into contact with the brim, and he pulled the brown fedora into his possession. It was about time to stand up.

Asher gingerly shifted to his side, raising up to a knee and then to his feet in the way one moves the moment after they awaken from a long slumber. He placed the hat upon his shaggy, light-brown hair and adjusted his matching suit-like jacket. As he looked down to examine his shoes, his eyes finally caught the image. That woman in the glass, hair as black as night, skin as white as snow. Her seven associates surrounded her in protection during her own slumber, and as the magi had been, Asher was lost in the beauty of not just the woman, but the entire piece of art. It may have been the fairest of them all.

Then the little girl jumped in front of him and started talking. Talking a lot.

Asher took a step back in a sudden jolt from the shock, eyes widening at the young girl as she fired off questions faster than he could register. He knew that he mentioned fear was bad in a moment like this, but this was the stuff of his nightmares! Talking to people! Asher looked between the girl and the other occupants of the glass plane he believed he was alone on, picking up on the demonic arm of the blue-haired girl (which didn't help the the whole fear thing), and the blonde spellcaster, in a blitz of confusion. Still, it wasn't smart to ignore a group of obviously odd people, but before Asher could force a response out of his mouth, another was asked.

"H-Hi.....I'm-.....No I'm awa-.....Rav-?........I do-.....don'.....I don't kn-.....no.....I...."

Asher stopped, trying to untwist his tongue the best he possibly could. He closed his soft eyes and took another breath, preparing himself to start all over. He opened his eyes and looked down to the obviously lost little girl, and said in a tone as un-threatening as he could,

"I'm Asher, and I'm just as confused as you are."

He really hoped that worked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 am

"Reminds of the forest back in one of my first magic schools; without the trees.." pondered Takato as he took a look around at the casting darkness. His usual air was still very much the same as he flashed a smile; but it was easy to note that the blonde was a pit put off by his lack of sensing, well, anything. His gloved hands raised and fingers curled in an attempt to feel something that simply wasn't there. A sudden clapping motion followed; but nothing triggered from that. Without the usual casting or flashing effects that normally let loose from the boy it just looked like he was doing rather lame mocking of sign language. Or a really lame dance. "I must be out of mana." His words; while unsurprisingly simple, were confused. If only to end as if he thought nothing of it with a shake of his head.

"I'm Takato and...we look a little lost,"

The Magi swiped his hand along his forehead and slowly he kneeled down to inspect the floor beneath them. It was odd. He had explored a variety of places but this was new to him. Unknown to him. He didn't like that. "Sheesh...who made this? Fancy stuff;" he whispered beneath his breath. Then; he froze. His amber eyes stared directly through the  glimmering floor and sweat formed along his features in a flash. A glimmer of fear followed and he stood up as if someone had kicked him in the butt. "There is nothing. Nothing at all down there." No support. No build. Nothing but an unending void. The only thing that was keeping them from falling into an abyss...

..was this glass-like floor?

"....Try not to look down."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 am

The sound of the cheerful alien girl that she has grown to know knocked Zora's senses back to a bit of normality as she pets her hair with a soft smile. "I'm glad you're ok, Ima..." She said as she ran over to hug Takato. "Now then....I swear, us being here HAS to be your fault!" she hisses at the blonde mage, pausing for a moment or two before sighing heavily and looking down. "Then again....Raven's not here...and it seems like we're no different than normal humans." That was at least what she thought...her arm felt a bit strange compared to normal...well...it was always strange, but still. She also couldn't see Kuro anywhere at all.

What DID catch her attention was Asher as Zora turns to him, being a bit wary of him. "As for me, my name is Zora...I don't know where we are either, but I'm wondering why you're here and not Raven...Do you know him?" She asked. Even though she had a bold face, she was a bit worried that he was physically stronger than her...her demonic arm felt no different. In fact, it felt kind of tingly....almost like her while arm was a burnt scar. She was worried it oculd be weaker than before, but there was no way to be sure.

"Now then....What's going to happen? Something's suppose to happen...right?"

OOC: Bryan might be posting soon so give him a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:47 am

All around him was nothing but darkness. This void, this abyss... What did it mean? How was this even possible? He didn't know the answers to any of these things. He felt like he was falling... no, more like descending. He opened his eyes and all he could see were his finger-less gloves on his hands. He couldn't help but wonder what he was in for, and he couldn't help but have a bit of excitement at the thought of what it may be.

His descent let him to a floor that looked to be made of glass. He looked around, hoping to see something within the darkness. He saw figures. Two males and two females. He tried to take a step forward. He was able to do so. At least he knew his legs worked. In an area like this, he didn't know what to expect. He started to run forward. He hated normal walking unless he didn't have a choice. He always wanted to move forward and he always wanted to do it quickly.

He didn't recognize any of the faces in front of him. It was strange. Who where these people and why were they brought to the same place as him. Did they all have something in common? He stopped as he looked down in thought, then lifted up his head and simply called out, "Hi, I'm Xander!" He decided that introducing himself was the first step to getting some attention. It was simple and he didn't know anyone so he couldn't address anyone directly, but it was still effective enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 am

And so it begins...

A voice that was somehow without sound echoed through each person's mind, just as a large cracking  was heard. Ima glanced to the floor, alarmed, but found no breaks that would have created the noise. Instead, when she glanced back up, she found a strange stone pillar before her, embedded with three ordinary swords. Such would be the case for all five.

Your tale is about to be told. The soundless voice spoke again. Your legend will be written and passed through the ages...but will it be a triumph, or a tragedy? Time will tell. Time will tell...

Before each of you stand three blades. Each holds within it the power to conquer the darkness – without which you will not survive. Fear not the form of the weapons. They will take the shape you desire. Draw the blade that speaks to your heart, and with it forge a path to the light.

Curious as ever, if not more than a bit confused, Ima touched the first sword in the stone in front of her. The voice echoed through her mind, hers alone. Blade of the Mirror – Two beings identical but reversed. Which is the reflection? The child gasped and drew her hand back, startled, but it was only a matter of time before she touched the second. Blade of the One – In all of the universe you are truly unique. But does that make you truly alone? She moved her hand to the final blade. Blade of the Sun – To be the light when times are dark. Can you do it?

When Takato would put his hand to his first sword, the voice would echo through his head as well. Blade of the Tempest – Emotions can be as strong and sudden as a storm. Will they overpower you? The second would come without his prompting. Blade of the Wanderer – To travel all places unburdened and free. Is this what you want of life? The third would as well. Blade of the Faithful – To believe in something with all your heart is a powerful thing. What do you believe in?

Blade of the Dawn – The ability to rise above your darkness lies within you. Will you shine? Was the first for Zora. Blade of the Outcast – Scorned for something you cannot change. Will you scorn them in return? Was the second. Blade of the Merciful – Nothing annoys your enemies more than forgiving them. But can you? Was the third.

For Asher's, the voice did not even wait for him to touch the weapons at all. Blade of the Blank – You have gotten a clean slate so that you may begin anew. What path will you take this time? The first was followed without pause by the second. Blade of the Reticent – Never speaking up even when you need to be heard. Will you always keep your silence? And the third. Blade of the Chance – The odds of winning are a million to one. Are they in your favor?

The voice would not wait for Xander as well. Blade of the Hero – Someone who has great courage and does great deeds. But is that all it takes? Blade of the Hopeful – The brighter side of things is always where you're looking. What is lurking in the shadows behind you? Blade of the Lost – The path is long and winding and nothing is as it seems. Can you find your way? Those were his choices.

Ima could almost feel the voice give them a privacy of sorts after it left them with one final piece of advice.

Choose well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:39 am

The words spoke to him, yet he couldn't hear them. There was silence, yet Asher listened in to the voice as it explained the paths set before him, and the swords in their wake. This was all too much, and he scratched his cheek with his index finger as he looked between the weapons. Asher didn't like fighting. He wasn't good at it, but when he had too, a sword wasn't really his go to, but the voice assured him all would be to his image. All would be to his liking.

But what sword would he take? What path was he set to walk from this point on? Would it be the clean slate, the tabula rasa that we all secretly hope for? A chance to leave everything that defined him before this moment in the past, and move on as a new man? Would he keep his silence, detracted from the people around him and lost in the clouds with the rest of his thoughts and dreams? But then, there was the chance. The chance of facing impossible odds with nothing but luck on your side, and winning. There was that chance to reach great heights, despite his awkward nature and the life he had lived before now.

A million to one were odds that no normal person would take.

They were the odds Asher would gladly take.

Asher took a deep breath, thinking his actions over one more time, before shuffling over to the third sword. He looked it over for a moment, questioning if he really wanted to select this weapon. Maybe he could just walk away? Maybe he could ignore this whole thing and they'd just, he didn't know, let him go or something? No, he just knew it wasn't that easy. Life was about to get interesting, but with a little bit of luck, he'd be alright.

Asher took the Blade of the Chance into his hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:04 am

"A....choice...?"

Takato reached out to study the weapon of his desire; fingers curling around a solid hilt before he paused. The thought of why he was doing this hit him like a rock. However his hand didn't want to stop and his palm keenly gripped the blade before he pulled with a yank. A flash of light overtook him and his choice; eyes flashing blue for a single unblinking second. He stumbled for a several moments and then raised the metal arm of his in sheer instinct; trying to steady the weapon. Only; he noticed something off. Not only was his choice a far different appearance than it had been impaled in the stone; but the magical focus that was his flesh-less limb had changed too. It was dark. Rusty. Something that was only covered by the red sleeve of his coat.

Blade of the Faithful

"Eyes...as blue as the azure sky...."

Blade of the Wanderer

"...this is the symbol of the contractor.."

Both of these named blades shattered and vanished. Leaving only the one he had selected in his grasp. He was silent; only his lips parting to word those echoing within his mind.

"...the Stigma of the Wind."

What did he have faith in? Himself? Ima? Magic? He didn't really know. He had spent many years running away from a problem; and many years solving others. Only his search for a certain something really kept him going these days. That and his companions over these many adventures. Yet, in the end he couldn't really imagine why this weapon would appear before him named as such. Well, unless it was talking about his loyalty. However, was that really enough? The blonde doubted it. He really did. Sometimes faith just wasn't enough. Sometimes it failed you. Either way; he couldn't rely on that. Not now. Not yet. Perhaps Al would have told him diffirently if given the chance; or perhaps the others would have pointed out that this tool fit him far more than the others. In the end though, it was his choice.

Wandering had come to him many years now. He had traveled the world (and worlds) like a man unable to rest his feet. He had seen things not because he wanted to; but because he had to. Sometimes being a wanderer came in handy. However it also brought loneliness. Regret for never being able to settle down and enjoy life. Still, it was his duty to continue learning new things and get a firm grasp on knowledge that escaped him for a purpose only known to him and Al. He couldn't abandoned his need to wander; but that wasn't to say it wouldn't stop one day. By his own hand or something else entirely. Only time would tell. It was a daunting thing to grasp upon. Something that your whole life was based upon could come crashing down all around you one day. That it would all simply stop. He wasn't prepared for that.

"Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him.."

That only left one, didn't it?

"Emotions fuel magic; be very careful with that.."

What would the others pick?

"They are the darkest of spells.."

It didn't matter. They couldn't assist him in making this choice now. A part of him knew that.

"You need to want something. To help. To live. To destroy. This is what magic is."

"Blade of the Tempest, huh? Reminds me of something.." muttered Takato; scratching his head as old class words rang loudly throughout him. He never once noticed that said blade had completely vanished. Or that the previously loss of color in his arm had regained itself in a matter of moments. His metal fist clenched within the glove and he span on his foot in wander, slightly flexing it with a hum under his breath. Sometimes he wished he carried spare Magic Restoration Potions around; he felt kinda stiff. A little tired too.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:15 am

The echoing voice that they all could hear made her feel an uneasy feeling well up in her body as Zora looks around, seeing the pillars of blades in front of everyone. Nothing seemed to make sense as se stared at the one in front of her, holding the three blades as she listened to the voice.

Blade of Dawn....Blade of Outcast...Blade of the Merciful....

"This is stupid..." she mutters, not believing any of this as she sighs. Looking around, she could see Takato and Asher taking the blade out as she looks back up to the pillar. Never once did she remember picking up a weapon into her hand that wasn't her arm. Looking down at it now, she could feel something different about it that she hasn't felt in a long time...She moves her human hand over the arm, feeling every bumpy, scaly like part of the skin. She could never remember how it felt before....but now her arm felt nothing like it was when she could actually use it. As much as she didn't wan to play with the mystery voice's plans, this is the only way she could even defend herself at this point. The fact that Takto picked out a sword means his magic doesn't work. What kind of adventure awaited them now?

With a heavy sigh, her demonic arm reaches out to the middle blade, grasping it lightly as she pauses. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she pulls out the blade that matched just who she was, feeling it disappear between her fingers. "I guess we'll go with Outcast..." she mutters as she looks over to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:16 am

Xander looked at the three blades with a blink. He heard the voices as his eyes widened. What did these things represent? He didn't know, but he did love the idea of owning a sword. He walked up to the first one he could get to, moving his hand to it. It was the Blade of the Lost. Xander was always moving, so much so that he never took the time to look around him. He got himself lost quite often, mentially as well as physically. He instictively moved his hand away. He did not want to accept that part of himself.

He placed his hand near the next one. It was the Blade of the Hero. He always wanted to be a hero that could help to protect people, but he didn't believe he had what it took to do such a thing. He moved his hand away, feeling he wasn't worthy of a power like that, the exact opposite of the Blade of the Lost.

He looked at the third one, the Blade of the Hopeful. He always looked at the positives of everything and aimed himself towards the brighter side of things. It seemed to fit him most. He moved his hand out, grabbing hold of it. This is what he accepted as his power. When he did, the blade shrank in his hand. It became the size of a Kodachi blade, too small to be considered a sword and yet too large to be a dagger. They were meant for speed over power, so it seemed perfect to him.

"Guess this is... why my power is like..." he said lightly. "Cool! I got a sword!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 am

Ima looked around. She was the only one who had yet to choose a weapon, but it was not from lack of knowing which she would pick. Rather she was slightly preoccupied with wondering who or what the strange voice was. She'd never heard it before, so to speak, but it was somehow familiar to her, as it would be to all of them. Yet no matter how hard she tried to place where she knew it from, nothing came to mind.

After a while she pushed the thought from her head until she could think on it again at a later time and placed her hand on the second blade. The voice echoed though her mind again. Blade of the One – In all of the universe you are truly unique. But does that make you truly alone? Ima knew the answer to that question. Of course she wasn't alone! She may have been the only one of her kind, but that had nothing to do with whether she was alone. She had all of her friends, Takato and Raven and Zora, and deep down she hoped that she still had Sol. They were always with her, by her side or in her heart. So Ima did not choose the Blade of the One.

Thoughts of her first friend moved her hand to the third sword. Blade of the Sun – To be the light when times are dark. Can you do it? The child did not know the answer to that question, in all honesty. The world, as beautiful and fascinating place as it was, could also be very dark and very scary. However, Ima believed that she could. It would be hard, she had no doubt of that. But helping her friends when things looked grim was something she wanted to do, so she would try to do it as long as her unnatural life lasted...though the sun would set on it sooner than she'd like. So she did not choose the Blade of the Sun, either.

Ima finally placed her hand on the first blade, the one that she initially been drawn to even before she knew what any of them were. Blade of the Mirror – Two beings identical but reversed. Which is the reflection? It was a question that the child had no answer to, and it was something she desperately wanted to know. Who was she, really? A strange impossible hybrid, sure, the combination of a young human girl and an alien created in a place she did not want to remember. But between the two of them, which was she really? She had the alien's mind, but the human's heart. Which of the two was truly 'Ima'?

She wanted to know, and curiosity won out, as it always did. Ima drew the Blade of the Mirror from the pedestal.

Your path is set.

The blades would turn into light in their hands.

Your adventure begins in the dead of night.

There was a loud noise as the pedestals cracked and crumbled into nothing. The entire floor began to shatter from the edges going in.

Your road won't be easy, but a rising sun awaits your journey's end.

Ima backed away towards the center, all too aware of her lack of gravity powers, but it was no use.

So don't be afraid.

They fell into the abyss.

And don't look down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:31 am

Don't look down, it said. Well, it would much easier to do so if down wasn't the only place to look. Asher fell through the shards with a velocity that jarred his very frame, reacting just in time to snatch his hat out of mid-air and hold it tightly to his head with one-hand, because, you know, he had his priorities straight.

"Gah!"

It wasn't long before he was head-long into the never-ending abyss, eyes peeled down in a reactionary defiance to the voice within his head. Or perhaps he was looking up? Or to the right? When surrounded by the rolling black, it all began to mesh together. This was an uncharacteristically unlucky turn of events. It seems this realm was far from his home.

He fell.

He fell.

He floated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 am

"This sucks."

Takato said; falling like a turtle in orbit. His short body reacted in the usual manner of a man in a cycle of death; blind panic and reaching for the nearest way out of said panic. His gloved hands slapped together and his eyes closed for a single second as he continued to fall through the blackness; only to gain a look of terror. Being low on mana was one thing; but being unable to summon a Pactio card was a completely different matter. No card meant no Al. No Al meant no flying fox-girl of magic. No flying fox-thing meant he would continue to fall. Possibly to his death. Safe to say; he kind of spazzed out the second that this shock hit him.

"This really sucks."

So; he was still falling. Only able to do a single thing.

Flail around like a moron.

"Up! Up! Up! Not down! UP! UP I SAY!"
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:47 am

The pedestials that held onto their strange weapons breaking away isn't very unusual for her to see....but the floor breaking away is something that she wish just wouldn't happen.

"Seriously?! What the hell!" She hisses as she tries to quickly back away from the shattering glass underneath her feet, not quite fast enough nor given any room TO back away towards as gravity quickly made quick work of claiming her as well as the rest. She tries to grasp onto the edge of the glass floor that was still intact, but that quickly crumbled away into nothingness. "You can't be seirous..." she grumbles as she moves her arm back while she's falling and throws it forward, expecting it to grow in length and size.

However, like the rest of the group, her own powers aren't activating. The demonic, black arm of hers was just that - ugly and black. No stretching, no increase in power, no movement that wasn't of a normal arm. "Son of a bitch!!!" She yells as she felt her body falling into the dark abyss awaiting them.

OOC: Catching the flu is such a BITCH! Ugh! I'm in recovery mode, but expect me not to post very much. Busy with college and this week i bet will be ESPECIALLY busy...up until friday i bet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:50 am

The sword in his hand disappeared in a flash of Light and the first thing Xander could do was become upset that he lost it. He stomped the ground and called out, "What happened to my sword?!" That was when the floor below him gave out.

He started to fall, looking down as he said, "Not again!!" It was his second time descending downward. He looked at the others for a moment, seeing they were in the same position. Why was this happening, and who was doing it. All of these people seemed to know one another in some way, shape, or form, so why was he here? It didn't make much sense, but he hoped to find out at the end of this giant drop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 am

Thankfully for everyone they would not end up as pancakes from the fall. They would find their descent gradually slowing, more drastically the closer they got to landing. By the time they were above the ground they were very nearly floating.

Once again they were on a sort of stained glass portrait, this one with a lady just a beautiful as the last. Her expression was serene as she seemed to curtsy at whoever turned their eyes to her, and she was dressed in a silvery ballgown with glass slippers, surrounded by people dancing. The stained glass was this time on top of a tower, which removed the chance of it crumbling beneath them and sending them hurtling through darkness again.

Ima's blade reappeared in her hand the moment her feet touched the ground – but it did not stay a blade for more than a moment. Instead it became a large cartoony hammer of all things. The alien looked at it strangely. Wasn't the blade supposed to take the form that she wanted? She was quite sure that she wanted her laser gun back, not a hammer. But she didn't have time to question it otherwise, the soundless voice speaking up again.

You've gained the ability to fight the darkness.

The girl spun around, wanting to know who the voice was and where it was coming from, but found nothing there to give any answers. Instead, what she found was a strange creature emerging from her shadow.

It was small, whatever it was, smaller than even Ima. The creature stood hunched, clawed hands almost scraping the glass floor below as it twitched erratically. It was entirely black in color and not quite solid looking, as if it were made of the shadows from which it emerged. Two antennae-like things stood bent atop its head, the only feature on it besides beady yellow eyes that betrayed no emotion. Ima stepped forward, curious what it was and wanting to see it closer, but every instinct in her screamed so loudly that the creature was dangerous that it froze her in place.

There will be times you have to fight.

More creatures emerged from below, more than Ima could count – though she could still only count to ten, but she counted to ten at least three times trying to get a number. One of them leapt at the girl, who squeaked in surprise and swung her hammer purely out of reflex. It collided solidly with the creature, which vanished in a black cloud.

Was this the 'darkness' they could now fight, Ima wondered?

Keep your light burning strong.

The creatures swarmed them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:59 am

"Wha-, wha-, wha-, hold on, wait, wha-, how? Nonononononononono!"

Asher snapped his head so quickly between the swarms of the shadow creatures that the hat on his head could've flung off at any second. He stepped back slowly as to not trigger the killer instincts of what he could only assume were animals. He waved his hands in front of him nervously in the hopes that his "please don't punch me in the face" intentions were clear. As the creatures crept closer, each twitch being answered by one of Asher's, it became very clear that his pleas for non-violence were on deaf.....antenna.....things?

Even more so when the blade appeared in his right hand.

"What...."

Asher passed his sight down to the weapon in his hand. Indeed, the Blade of the Chance glimmered from light unseen as it did when he selected the weapon just moments ago, before the fall. He couldn't swing a broad sword. He just remembered Kaim telling him over and over that it wasn't his style. Asher was never good at smashing and grabbing. He focused too much on hitting the right place, at the right time. In fact, there really wasn't a style Asher had taken to. He wasn't the muscle where he came from, he was the.....he was nothing. He was just the guy with the luck and the.....

Cane?

Yes, Cane. Before he could register the change, the blade he held had shifted within blinding light, thinning out and expanding before becoming solid again in his grasp. The sword was no more, at least not in it's original form. Now a black cane, unremarkable looking markings coursing up the entire body that softly pulsated in white light. It was beautiful, the light from the staff reminding him of the starlight that caressed the city streets at night in his home town. He let his mind drift, taking himself back there on those endless nights on the shore, the waves crashing in and rolling out, the sea breeze whistling i-

"Oh no."

Asher's eyes went wide as he was smacked down into what he had decided was reality. He crouched back as the shadows grew closer. He took a glance behind his position, seeing the edge of the glass not too far out. He transitioned the cane into his left hand, gripping the end with his right. He thought he could jump over them, but there were too many. His only hope would be to run right at them......right.....at them.

"Ahhh maaaaan."

Asher sighed, then accepted his fate. He couldn't feel that.....that sense of things being on his side at that moment. That complicated things, but his options were dried out. He took a breath, then let out a battle cry as he ran as fast as he could, locking onto the first shadow he would target, and then.........

"WAH!?"

He tripped. He freakin' tripped.

*SNIKT!*

Asher rolled up to his knees, looking back astonished to where a cloud of dissipating black smoke stood in place of one of the enemies. He quirked and eyebrow, realizing his grip had changed. Both hands held a weapon, this was true, though that weapon did not exist in one location. Asher turned to his right-hand, and it all became clear. A sword, one to his liking. Precise, quick, easy to bite into the soft spots without having to hit very hard. It gleamed with the same soft glow as the runes upon the cane sheath. Asher nodded, a small grin coming to his face.

"Still got it", he mumbled to himself, standing up into the harsh reality once more. He took one out, but the masses of the other shadow creatures looked into his very heart with their yellow eyes. A heart that kind of cried in fear, just a little bit. Asher returned the blade into the sheath, taking the grip once again and crouching down. There was no way he was going to weasel his way out of this.

"Ahhhh, damn it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 am

"Damn, what a time to be out of mana..."

Takato stumbled to his feet and casually held up his metal arm; eying it with his amber stare briefly. He couldn't feel his magicka nature running throughout his body; so it was obvious that trying to use another spell would end up failing. However the blonde recognised something very familiar as his companions activated their newfound ability to strike. It was something he could no doubt do too. Slowly his fingers flexed and stretched out as he stood upright; breathing deeply. A almost instinctive arching motion with his metal limb followed; raising upwards to the right before spreading out his palm directly at the creatures. Air swept up around his fingers and flowed along the extended arm like running water; only to stop. As if something it had ran into an unseen wall.

This is not fate, nor duty's call. This battle is your own, waged of your own free will

Unlike the daunting melody-like voice that had been echoing for awhile; a gruff and slithering booming call had replaced it to the ears of the magi. Surging pain ripped through his shoulder and his lips parted with a sudden cry; punching a fist forward suddenly to strike one of the almost mindless creatures. It had little effect. Sinking into the dark 'flesh' and bouncing off without any sort of physical damage. Yet; he was persistent. Punching the beast repeatedly and growing more frantic until his curled fingers were shaking from the force thrown through them. No matter what he did however; not one speck of damage actually appeared on the seemingly mocking monster staring up at him.

Take up arms...for my kind do not heed the toothless...

Fingers moved and dug in like sharp knives; gripping the round head of the shadowy being in hold. The blonde slowly raised the beast up to look directly into his eyes at last. Punching it hadn't worked in the slightest. At all. So it might have been a surprise when the enemy began to balloon in his hold; expanding it's head bit by bit before it, well, burst. Violently. Cloud-like smoke drifted over where it had originally been danging there by a head; leaving a glowing palm that returned to the dull steel-tone it once was. Takato stared absently and blanky brought this open hand closer to his face - noting that the pain had vanished. "What? That wasn't magic.....or a Pactio..." his voice was shaken; nervous even.

In the middle of his cold hand burned a moving; fleshy eye.

Now choose, flee or step forth. Take hold of what lies beyond. Claim mastery over the eternal ring.

Takato jerked his head up; locking onto another "creature" before lunging forward in an attempt to 'hold' it.

"It's going to take awhile to get used to this..."
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Falling onto the new glass stain floor was painful. Very painful. Zora curses to herself as she staggers up to her feet, looking around to make sure everyone was still here. AS she heard the voices and saw the black creatures coming to existence. "Shit....what now?!" She hisses as she starts to back away. These monsters didn't seem strong at all, however, she knew at this point what you see isn't to be expected...for all she knows, they could probably kick their asses with ease, especially with the lack of their original powers out of their hands.

Suddenly, a blade appeared in her right hand. It looked different...but it was definately the Blade of the Outcast she has pulled out of the pillar not mroe than a few seconds ago. IT resembled her arm with black thornlike parts intertwined in thin, white lines...Hard to describe, but looked much more like a sword rather than a large, long key as before. Before she had any more time to think about it, a few of th elittle monsters of darkness jumped at her.

"Shi!" she hisses as she swung her blade, hoping it would hit them. It did. They were sent flying only to get back up and go after her again. "Anyone have any ideas?! I don't think this is working!!!" She shouts out to everyone as she starts to swing her blade at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Hero

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 am

As he descended to the new stain glass floor, Xander looked around, seeing everyone around him doing the same. What exactly what happening? Who were these people? He still didn't know, but he had other things to worry about. His feet touched the glass, but his rear end did first. He looked around before standing. "Heck of a ride..." he muttered to them in case they were even listening to his words.

It was then that the black creatures appeared. They surrounded him as he wondered what he could do. He couldn't fight them hand to hand. He didn't even know what they were. That was when his blade reappeared. It was a kodachi like before, but now slightly curved. He grinned lightly as he said, "You guys are toast!" He moved the blade so he was holding it with the hilt facing the ground, upside down compared to what most people would. He attacked, seeing them disappeared one by one with one or two attacks. He had speedy attacks and combinations, nothing too powerful in one strike.

As fun as this was, they weren't stopping. He jumped back and looked at the girl that was asking for ideas. "Wish I had one!" he called out, thinking the best thing they could do was continue to fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:55 am

No ideas would be needed, however, as the shadows would all suddenly freeze in their attacks. For a few moments not one of them moved. Then, as if of one mind, they all sunk into the ground and vanished without a trace, completely in unison. Ima stared at the spot where one had been curiously. How had it done that?

Behind you.

Ima turned just in time to see one emerge from the shadows and leap at her. She barely managed to lift her hammer and swing it in time to hit the creature, which vanished in a puff of black smoke like all its fellows. Ima let out a huff after the deed was done. The hammer was heavy.

Though your light may burn strong, sometimes the darkness is stronger.

The shadows from whence the last creature came from did not disappear after its demise. In fact, it grew. Slowly at first, then rapidly until the blackness covered the entirety of the stained glass. Ima backed up in an attempt to avoid it, but it was futile. It covered everything and she found herself sinking into it, as if it were quicksand pulling her into the depths of the earth. But it burned like a fire.

The others would find themselves meeting a similar fate.

Even so, do not give in, else it consume you.

Ima closed her eyes and bit her lip, resisting the urge to scream. As soon as she did, however, the pain was gone. The child opened her eyes to find herself not staring at a surface covered in darkness, but a different floor from before. This one would have another girl, younger than the previous two, younger than Ima even. She sat on the ground reading a book, or at least she would have been if her eyes were open. She wore a blue dress with a white apron of sorts, a black ribbon tied in a bow atop her head. She was surrounded by cards and hearts and strange figures, and the entire thing made Ima curious just looking at it.

However, you need not worry about that now. Instead, let's get to know each other.

The alien looked around, trying once again to locate the source of the mysterious not-voice. It was an effort made in vain, but she did find something else interesting. An ornate door stood at the edge of the stained glass, mostly see-through and leading to nowhere. Ima walked over and experimentally tried to touch it, but her hand passed right through it as if it wasn't there.

The door will open when you do so. So, do tell. Who are you? What do you like? What do you hate? What are your dreams? What are your fears? You need not answer all of them – you need not even do it aloud if you wish to keep it a secret to others. But do tell, or the door remains shut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keys of the Kingdom   

Back to top Go down

Keys of the Kingdom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next