Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Sat May 17, 2014 9:00 pm

"You comin' with?" gestured Ledah over his shoulder. Surprisingly it looked like that question was aimed less at Robin and Frederick; and more at the rather bothered looking blonde girl staring at him. Any noble would have gasped in horror at such a thing. At both his gall and treatment of his sworn lady. Still; Lissa didn't appear to give a damn. If anything she just looked a mixture of bored and annoyed. "Yes! I don't want you bringing back a poor bunny. Again." she snapped; stamping her foot slightly before springing after the man until she was flat out passing him. Which left the Bow Knight shaking his head with a wave of his hand towards the remaining two - obviously letting them know they could follow if desired.

Frederick wasn't going anywhere. The sheer idea made him feel ill. To such a point that he made no mention of the treatment of the "respected" woman and instead simply moved to set up camp. "Pardon me, but those two can quite the handful.." he murmured to himself almost absently.

"Hey!"

"I heard that!"

The older man merely sighed.

Elsewhere, Chrom was having his own adventure. His movements through the trees were rushed and darting - as if he was used to wading through forests. The firewood that he was looking for shouldn't of been too hard to gather considering the area that they were in after all. They wouldn't need to go too far. However the blunette didn't want to go back too fast just yet. The more time that passed, the cooler heads that the other males would have. "Hm? Usually. Frederick means well and Lissa can be a headache in large portions. It doesn't help that Ledah has returned either..."

Here he paused; looking around before glancing over his shoulder at the girl with his piercing eyes. The smile across his lips glowing a tad wistful. "Give them a chance. They have their good points."

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Sun May 18, 2014 12:23 am

Seeing him moving nimbly through the trees, Zora starts picking up her pace a bit just to catch up with him. When he stopped and turned back to her, she smiles back and nods. "I'll keep that in mind..." she said as she seemed slightly distracted.

"Chrom...that was your name, right? I was wondering about that sword of yours..." Zora points down to his Falchion. Being a Myrmidon, she has seen a plentiful variety of swords before. However, none was as strange as what Chrom wield. "If you don't mind me asking, of course. I've never seen such a sword before in my travels."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Sat May 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Robin stifled a laugh at Sir Frederick's underbreath comment, but otherwise made no acknowledgement that she had heard him. Privately, however, she had to agree that they certainly seemed like they would be. She debated starting up a conversation with the man, but ultimately decided against it. He did not trust her, and while she did not hold it against him, she'd rather not run the risk of antagonizing him. Someday she hoped to prove her trustworthiness, but it would be with actions and not words.

The tactician stood straight and dusted off her hands as she looked at the now-ready campsite. Everything looked in order. Now they just needed the others to return with the food.

Her stomach gave another growl, and she hoped it would be soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 am

Chrom blinked at the sudden question and casually raised the hilt of his blade briefly. It was oddly true that his sword was strange. Greatly so and crafted in a way that stood out among even those they currently travelled with. Which was a weird bunch. Rare that anyone said anything about it however. Not that he was complaining. He just had to be rather careful how he worded what came. "It's something passed down in the family. Can't say it's the best sword.." with a chuckle to a joke only he obviously got. Slowly he drew it out of the sheath that contained it and held it in front of him in a gesture towards deeper into the forest. All while he eyed the surface of the blade. "...but it gets me by when things get tough."

Suddenly he stopped and raised his head towards the sky; watching the scattering of leaves in the trees above them.

"What the...?"

Where were the birds going?

Hissing beckoning followed. Twisting into haunting words that were unthinkable. Simply unknowing to the human ears.

Hi los ni gein

&/&/&/&

A speedy arrow shot through the air and pinged against a waiting tree; dropping just as a bunny hopped away with a mocking hint in it's step. Ledah didn't look too pleased with himself as he lowered his bow. He hadn't missed that shot. He most certainly hadn't missed that shot. Far from it!

"Did you really have to do that?"

Lissa had stamped on his foot.

"I told you last time! No bunnies."

The girl was rarely firm on certain things. This however wouldn't be ignored. She had quite enough of seeing cute creatures killed by her warrior. Even if they did taste good. Sometimes the Bow Knight was excessive when it came to gathering and hunting. Other times he was just flat out mean! "Look, there has to be a bear or something around here..-" her words were caught in her throat as the blonde male paused and raised his hand for her to stop. Half the time this wouldn't cause her to actually stop. The usually serious look on his face was something that honestly scared her though.

He didn't get serious with her.

"Do...you hear that....?"

Lissa gulped at his words and looked around in wonder. What was he talking about? She couldn't hear anything. No footsteps. No animals. Nothing. Not a peep!

Wait...

"...Where did the birds go?"

Bovul nol hin oblaan

Ledah could hear it. Lissa could hear it. A moaning of nonsense. A groaning of words that shouldn't pass human lips as fire began to lick up over trees.

Safe to say, he wasn't sticking around. He roughly shoved a startled Lissa behind him and his next words held such certainty that they wouldn't be denied.

"Run. Now."

He could already hear a sword being drawn in the distance. Seconds behind the trees gazing back at them.

Blue strands flashed in his vision. Coming directly at them.

&/&/&/&

Frederick yawned to himself softly as he sat down on the nearby stump. Simply watching the clouds. It was getting even later now and he was starting to feel the stab of hunger get to him. At least he could trust the Bow Knight to bring back a hefty stock. That was one thing that man could do right. Well, if Lady Lissa didn't have a hand in stopping that. Which she usually did - right up until she started complaining about hunger herself.

A slow shake beneath his foot made him move his stare from the darkening sky.

A shake that was only getting worse.

"...Earthquake? No..."

That wasn't right.

"Move."

He said, looking at the girl no doubt about to rest her eyes as he dashed towards his horse with such ferocious need that he shocked even himself.

"We need to move. Now!"

Mu lost hi...

&&&&&&&&&&&&


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 am

When Chrom unsheathed the odd looking sword from its scabbard, Zora took a small step closer to fully observe it. She couldn't tell if it was due to the darkness or the way he held the sword itself, but she could have easily mistaken it for a brand new sword. Most swords, no matter how well made or sturdy they are, will have some signs of age and usage even if the owner refurnished or resharpened the blade. Any scratches, nicks, wear...None of that was noticeable at first glance before her eyes go back to Chrom's.

"Whoever made the sword should be commended for it. I've never seen such a sturdy sword before." She said with a small smile. "For a family heirloom, it looks like it's been out of the smithy the day before. If you don't mind, I-"

Zora pauses, seeing Chrom looking up to the sky. At first, she couldn't understand what distracted him. Startled by a bunch of birds? Was she giving this man too much credit if he was startled by a few birds? Her ears pricked at the sound of hissing before hearing something speak. A cold shiver ran up her spine as her body moves on instinct, grabbing the hilt of her sword as she looks around for the source of the voice.

Whatever was saying these words were making her body tremble...Is it from fear? Terror? Something was making her uneasy as she looks around. "Chrom..." Even the tone of her voice was threatening to give away. "That voice....just what..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:11 pm

"Right!" Robin called out as she jumped to her feet and ran to join Sir Frederick. She didn't allow herself to pause in confusion or fear. Whatever was happening, it couldn't be good, and there was no time to waste. "We need to find the others. Splitting up is never a good idea as it greatly decreases efficiency and greatly increases risks. That being said, we have two groups to find. I know you care greatly for both Sir Chrom and Lady Lissa, so I leave this choice up to you. Shall we split up and hope each of us can find one of the groups, or shall we stick together and aim for one group before the other? If the latter, I advise that we prioritize searching for Lady Lissa, because while she is a healer, she has no way of defending herself."

Both options had their pros and cons, and Robin hoped with all her heart that all of the Shepherds would be safe until they were all together again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 pm


Zu'u los viing do ath. Zu'u los su'um do gral. Zu'u los mah dovah, Grima!

A roar shook the sky and the very earth buckled beneath them. Shattering and cracking in seconds. Ledah and Lissa could only stand there - watching as a pillar of ground blocked the path that was once there. A parting of soil, grass and ground that human hands couldn't do was stared upon. Observed as the groans increased. Flames burst forth and rained showery inferno upon the forest around them. Spreading the already sparked fire further until there was nothing but smoke pouring over them. To such a point that both blondes could barely breathe; let alone attempt to see through the beckoning fog. Unfortunately; they didn't have the time to adjust. Something wanted their attention. Something that shambled towards them with unending hunger.

"Run!"

Lissa jumped at the voice before a hand snagged her own from behind and a sword slashed towards her from the same directly. Only the saving of another blade coming to meet it help her from having a very nasty wound. Or worse. A blue haired fellow wearing a mask stood across from the startled noble girl; shoving away the attack with a yell. Said attacker had not only managed to sneak behind them and past the senses of the Bow Knight, but something that made them both freeze. A raw nature of inhuman creation. A beast that didn't even appear to have a flicker of sanity in the rotten flesh that made up the creature.

Another stepped out of the forest.

Then another.

More and more shambled out of the burning trees.

"More of them...?" murmured the masked man before stepping backwards with his blade drawn. His hidden eyes went wide and a flinch shot through his slim body as a arrow flew directly past his head to impale one of the monstrous looking humanoid creatures in the face.

"Lissa stop staring at the pretty boy and get out of here already!"

A smile formed across the lips of the petite man briefly and a sigh echoed.

'So it is you...'

"I'm not staring! This isn't a time for jokes, Ledah! We have to find Chrom and the others!"

"Focus on yourself dammit."

"Not when my brother is in danger!"

"Chrom's too stupid to die. You're too stupid to live!"

"How dare you. Oooooofh! I'm going to get you back for that!"

The masked man stared. Resisting the urge to sweat-drop.

&/&/&/&/&/&/&/&/&

"Get down!"

Chrom lunged and pushed aside the woman with him. Barely dodging the surge of fire that surged forth from the distance in the trees. Even now he could feel the heat gathering around them. Crawling up each wooden branch and casting themselves more with each passing second. His lungs instinctively tightened in response and his hands curled around the sword like a lifeline. As if almost knowing he would need it in the next few moments. Whatever awaited them was more than a simple forest fire. He could hear it. The harrowing moans and whispering words that made no sense. A collection of noises that stung his ears with shameful hissings of fear.

"Come out and face me!" shouted the blue haired warrior  as he gripped his blade. Raising it up in either a gesture of false bravado or true bravery shimmering in his heart. Answered only with the same moans that had been taunting them from beyond moments ago. Footsteps following and fangs crashing together as bodies "fell" from something they simply couldn't see. Litereally. All they could spy from the ash-like fumes was a blue glow in the distance and "thumps" of something meeting the ground. Standing to greet them with stalking desire. Step by step heard very clearly.

Beasts looked at them. Rotting, skin-falling corpses possessing what appeared to be a sprinkle of life wielding weapons. Axes. Blades. Even bows. Two of them. Three of them. Four of them. More pouring out until they were staring at a virtual army ready to consume then in a wave of blood and gore. Chrom couldn't see a hint of sanity in their "eyes" as he studied them. They were lifeless and empty of goals.

They just wanted their death.

He could hear their grunts. Their groans of agony. Words that made no sense whispering once more. Repeated before they attacked.

Kolos fund hi ru

Sword met sword and battle was upon them.

"This is the end for you!" snapped Chrom before twirling his sword and leaping into the sky with a pitching blue glow around his unusual blade. Impaling one of the many creatures before decapitating them on the spot. Quite easily so with one simple blow.

Pity that left a lot more.

&/&/&/&/&/&/&/&/&

The world burned. Burned. A casting of unholy fire consumed their view and Frederick reared up on his horse to avoid the howl of embers that sought them out. Much like the other groups they could barely see anything directly in front of them. There was simply too much fire and smoke covering their sight. Yet; this didn't stop them from hearing the haunting fate that awaited them. Clawed feet met broken earth and arrows cut through the air in a barrage - only missing the Great Knight thanks to hiss quick thinking. Each arrow hitting the grass and singing it with yet another burning touch that couldn't muster into a full-flame.

Kolos Zu'u fund ni siiv hi?

Shadows surround them and maddened cries broke out before figures leapt forth. Bones cracking, snapping and shattering. Each creature was the same as the others. Standing the height of a full-fledged human and yet having no-such build. They were akin to something that had been left to die. Risen by nothing more than the darkest of magics for a single craving. "Stand aside!" shouted Frederick before surging forward to attack the more "brave" of the beasts. Those who happened to move closer in an attempt to physically harm them with their weapons.

Sadly there were more of them. Increasing amounts stepping out. Two of them holding axes turned their heads slowly to leer at Robin.

Then, almost smile.

Frederick looked barely amused in response and literally yanked the small woman onto his horse with what little politeness he had left in this situation.

"Then we ride to milady' and her own Knight."

Now these beasts appeared quite formidable. However they had the same reaction as a human did when standing before a rather peeved horse.

They got stomped on or got the hell out of the way.

"Now let's hope that Ledah has prepared some food for after this whole ordeal."

Priorities. He had them.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:48 am

Before she had a chance to retort, she quickly found herself on the ground as Chrom pushed her away from the passing fireball that nearly nails the man himself. Not soon after did the forest around them erupt in a blaze that slowly started to surround the two as Zora stumbles to her feet. The voices grew closer as she quickly unsheathes her sword as she saw the bodies falling from the sky.

"What the...?" She couldn't understand what was happening all of a sudden. She had no time to even think about it any further before seeing these human like beings walking towards them...No...They weren't humans. Whatever they were, they were no longer humans. The woman tightened her grip on her sword as she heard them groaning out strange words and sounds before seeing them coming after the two of them.

"Oh shit!" Zora quickly brought her sword up to her face, blocking an incoming attack from one of them wielding an axe. Whatever these things were, they were much faster than she expected. Quickly, she shoves the creature back before kicking it away in the stomach as another one approached her side. "Right there!" Ducking down quickly to avoid the sword swing, she takes her own sword and does a horizontal slice through his abdomen. With a 'thud', the beast fell to the ground as she turns around.

Was it dead?

The blue haired woman blinks for a moment before coming to a scary realization. "Chrom...Chrom! The others...We need to find the others!" Although they were all skilled in fighting, Zora was worried since they were all split up. If any one of them got ganged up...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:52 am

...Did those creatures just grin at her?

Robin had no time to contemplate the oddity as she was yanked on Sir Frederick's horse (almost causing her to yelp) and they went speeding off through the woods. After taking a second to reorient herself, Robin told the Great Knight, "You should be very careful, the woods are particularly treacherous on horseback. With all the brambles and fallen trees, it is quite hazardous to go too fast." She paused, and then added, "My apologies, you probably already know this, trained as you are. Still, with all the chaos, it's best to err on the side of caution."

That being said, she drew her wind tome from her robe and blasted at the creatures that they had left behind, being careful not to upset the horse. She couldn't leave those monsters behind to hurt someone else, after all.

The creatures fell like stones, and the tactician kept an eye out for more, as well as the rest of the Shepherds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:06 am

"Any ideas?" asked the masked man with his eyes darting towards the bow-wielding male.

"Stay calm. You got a name?"

"...Marth."

A arrow shot through the air and impaled one of the creatures through the head. Unfortunately two more took the place of the fallen.

'No good. This is causing me more problems. Time to improvise'

Slowly the blonde male moved towards the distracted companions before placing his hands on their shoulders with a violent jerk. Both "Marth" and Lissa reacted with a duo of surprisingly feminine squeaks as they were pulled and tossed onto the horse nearby. A horse that looked far too pleased with itself for having nothing to do till' now. The blue haired newcomer weighed next to nothing and was picked up like a darn ragdoll; firmly seating him onto it with the frail Lissa with little-to-no-effort. Normally one could ask why the Bow Knight was letting this stranger ride off with his sworn lady. Until one realized that he had a destination in mind for the two.

"Move it, Princess!"

Marth looked stunned for a moment before the horse was smacked. Sending it into what could only be described as a "obnoxious charge of anger" towards the direction that it could hear the most fighting. Lissa looking on the verge of throwing a fit as the masked fellow held on for dear life. She mostly certainly didn't want to leave her Knight alone. Without his mount at that! Still, trying to refuse now would end up getting her tossed off the horse and mostly just end up annoying Ledah. Who probably had a plan in mind. She hoped.

So this just left the newly introduced two with a awkward silence as the beast jumped and dashed clearly towards where her brother might be.

One thing nagged at "Marth" however. It wasn't the seemingly suicidal sacrifice either.

"..He called his horse 'Princess'?"

Lissa looked away.

"...Yeah."

"....He knows that this a male horse correct?"

".......Yeah."

"....He doesn't like his horse much does he?"

Lissa just looked embarrassed.

What could she say?

That she was the one to give the horse that name?

&/&/&/&/&/&

"Frederick, your timing. Work on it."

Great Knight and Tactician had arrived at last. Arrived to see Ledah swinging his legs atop a tree all while shooting the more stupid of the creatures trying to climb it. Whatever bows the beasts had were either long gone or destroyed. A curious notion to arrive to seeing as that would probably be the only thing that could threaten the blonde at this time. The area was the more clearer of areas they had seen in their riding. Filled with the stench of rotting flesh and a strange notion of what could only be described as...barbecue? Faint, but there. The scent of cooked food in the deeper odor of killed beasts. A horrifying and sickening notion hit the older male as he adjusted his seat upon his horse; staring up at the seemingly amused man.

"....Have you been eating them?"

"Thought about it. Had some left over rations in my pack so cooked' them instead. Fire around us helps a lil' bit."

Frederick didn't quite know what to say.

He should have been surprised. He wasn't. Now came the important question.

"Where is milady' and the others?"

"That way.." gestured Ledah towards the only path really remaining other than their own. Others mostly blocked by the huge wall of stone that had erupted awhile ago.

"...Where is your horse?"

"Oh. I let some guy take it and ride off with Lissa."

"I see. That's good, I'm s-......YOU WHAT?"

Blood pressure rising.

Urge to fall off horse increasing.

"Relax. They should be heading towards Chrom. I heard his voice when the sky went boom moments ago to the South."

It appeared Frederick didn't know quite how to react to that.

"Why didn't you go with them?"

"Look around."

He did exactly that. The fire had parted and one could see numerous bodies pierced by a collection of arrows. However the most obvious aspect was the sheer amount of broken bows scattered around. A odd thing to see indeed. One that didn't make much sense until you thought hard about it. A horse was fast but it was still only one target. It couldn't dodge every arrow and sooner or later one would hit it. Thereby ending whatever hope of escape you could possibly have. As a Bow Knight, Ledah had a knack for facing opponents who used the exact same weapon that he did. Something that the blonde had called "Bowbreaker" in passing discussions. Even better was the fact that splitting from his horse allowed him to make two targets. Himself and the escaping lady.

"I....see. They're mostly carrying bows. The ones that aren't...can't even get to you in time."

Ledah shrugged and raised his bow once more from the tree; letting loose another arrow to something neither Robin nor' Frederick could see in their position.

The recognized "thump" on a creature hitting the floor could be heard in the distance.

"This isn't a last stand. This is just thinning the herd. Now get going, moody. You too, Robin."

"...Very well."

&&&&&&&&

"Damn it all!"

Chrom snapped and held up his sword towards one the more aggressive of the crowding monsters. His blade span around him with his entire body arching; cutting through the creature in a matter of seconds. Strike. Strike. Strike. There were never more than three strikes coming from the blue haired man before his opponents followed. A dance of muscles flexing on his body with every precise movement he put himself through. He was starting to worry however. What had happened to the others? For that matter why he could hear the sound of a horse charging towards him? Did these beasts know how to ride mounts? A scary notion indeed. Either way they had to be ready and he wasn't about to be caught off guard once again.

"They'll be fine. Lissa won't run off anywhere and Frederick has been through worse than this."

A touch of blood burn from his face. His lips hissing out pain as he stumbled. Another damn bowman.

They were well prepared whatever they were.

That arrow had only just missed his face. Any closer and he would have been looking through blood.

"As one!" shouted Chrom before lunging forward to the last pack of the creatures beginning to step out from the shadows. A strange, shimmering blue aura briefly flashing once more around his weapon as he sent what looked to be an attacking beast, twice his size, flying with air-pressure alone. It was rare that he got mad. Now he could honestly say it was one of those times however. Using his full-strength and gripping the hilt of his sword with every cutting blow. Beating back the horde that had increasingly focused on him. Their murmuring ceasing in favour of a pitch of growls that couldn't be deciphered.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 am

"You say that, yet..." She mutters under her breath before dashing over to him, striking one of the creatures that was aiming for his exposed back with a quick clean cut. Was it just her imagination or was his blade glowing as he continued to fight? There was no time to ponder that at all as she continues to slash at the enemies that seem to continue to come.

"That's not the only issue!" Zora shouts as her blade decapitates one of their heads. "We're in a troublesome situation ourselves...It doesn't look like these wave of beasts is going to end anytime soon. It's only a matter of time before-" The sound of steel meeting steel echoes as she was cut off for a moment, defending herself against a swordsman monster before pushing his sword out of the way and driving it through his chest in a clean thrust. "-we end up tiring ourselves out. The smoke from the fire won't help either if it gets closer to us."

It was getting increasingly annoying with the arrival of more archers as one of them nicks her right arm. "Shit...Those things are pissin' me off now!" She hisses as Zora dashes over and slashes at the archer who shot that arrow. She had to catch her breath for a moment, feeling her lungs getting a bit constricted with the lingering smoke as well as not used to fighting so many enemies that could match up to her speed so easily, but it was short lived as she swung around to attack an approaching monster before he had the chance to attack. Even with that, another one approaches from her side, running after her with a lance as she moves to block it.

Unfortunately, it seems Lady Luck isn't with her tonight.

The lance hit the Killing Edge, piercing through the tattered sword before landing a hit on her right shoulder. She cries out in pain, grabbing onto the lance for support as she kicks him away from her which drags the blade out of her wound. "Fer the love of the Gods....OF all the times that damn sword just HAD to break!" Zora sputters as she grips onto her shoulder tightly to prevent any more blood from leeking out while backing towards Chrom since she was utterly defenseless. "Y-You wouldn't happen to have a spare, would you? 'Cause I'm pretty fucked right now..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 am

Robin's jaw clenched, desperately wanting to urge the archer to come with them to find the others, but she only nodded. The man was clearly determined to stay where he was and continue 'thinning the herd' as he called it, and go through with whatever he was planning besides. To argue with him to do otherwise would only waste time they didn't have.

Still, she did take out a few creatures nearby as they left. Not like she couldn't help him a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:55 am

"Chrom!"

The neigh of a horse echoed as a blade tore out onto the remaining beasts; a leaping form flying through the air. The masked man moved up alongside the fellow blue haired male to cut down some of the creatures that were threatening to get even closer to them. Trying to surrounded them even.

Lissa moved up alongside Zora and took out her staff with a tap on the floor with it. Words of magical nature left her lips before a green glow fell over the blue haired woman. There were no fancy flashes or such beyond the staff briefly losing a hint of wood that made it up to the floor. Shedding pieces falling to grass before vanishing. Wounds would knit themselves back together on the woman and blood was replaced by a fresh batch; however it would do nothing towards the crimson stains themselves. The spell in question was a simple "Heal" of sorts and was far from something you wanted to clean clothing with. Thankfully this was little more than a minor annoyance.

"Leaving us out are we?"

Frederick shouted with a dash forward on his horse and a stabbing movement with his weapon. The blow sent one enemy flying in a circle of violence. Hitting a tree in the distance and making no move to get back up. Perfect blow. Either way the Great Knight thanked his luck for leaving as soon as they did. While his horse wasn't as fast as "Princess" it more than made up for it by having years of training through forest domains. For every stumble that "Princess" made, his own had made up for it by getting closer and closer to the fleeing allies. That and the directions that Ledah had given them helped a bunch in navigating. Less he said about that the better though. He still owed him breakfast after all.

"Frederick! Robin! Lissa!"

Chrom jumped back from the attacking beast ahead of him. Quite pleased to see his companions at last. He never doubted that they were alright, but something stuck out to him that made a sense of unease pass.

"Where is Ledah? Right behind you?"

A small frightened squee made him almost jump from behind him. Lissa looked panicked and just about ready to start walking in circles. Which she usually did when she was stressed about something. Safe to say that didn't bode well and did nothing to settle what he was thinking about right now. What had happened on their end?

"He's back there!" shouted Lissa with stabbing hand back towards deeper into the forest from the plains.

The Great Knight just shook his head and raised a hand; taking a moment from battle.

"He's fine."

To say a certain blonde Healer wasn't happy would be an understatement. People thought she was stupid sometimes. She wasn't. The way the Knight had said those words were more than enough to confirm that Frederick had ran across him. She was already scared and stressed, she did not need blind rage joining the club. She tried. She really did.

"Wait, you just left him!?"

A pause followed and Frederick nodded.

"Milady, he asked to be left."

Feet stamped and a staff shook angrily in his direction.

"That isn't the point! What if something happens to him? He's all alone!"

Chrom really wanted to stay out of this. However, what could he say? He agreed with his sister here.

"She has a point, Frederick."

Suddenly the slashing of a sword interrupted them and a firm voice ceased their arguing for a moment.

"He will be fine. He can't die."

That stranger again? Chrom blinked and took a glance towards the masked fellow. Hearing something in his voice that took him by surprise. He sounded very sure of that. The belief and security that this man had for their current misplaced comrade was clear as day. Not that he didn't believe in the blonde Bow Knight, but the composed words that were muttered by the arrival were like stone to even himself. Doubt completely absent even at a time like this. "You....? You sound certain of that." he said with a movement backwards alongside the fellow blue haired warrior.

Lissa just looked even more angry. A pout breaking into a full-on growl at the newcomer.

Just because he was mysterious and cute didn't give him the right to say such things.

"You don't even know him!"

A sudden gurgle of a "Risen" being destroyed in savage anger disturbed even Frederick for a moment there. The heat in the following words from the masked male did this even more-so.

"Don't tell me I don't know him!"

"Marth" instantly regretted his words as he stared at the started Lissa as she took a step back. This wasn't supposed to happen. Not like this. His anger had been directed at the wrong person and the blonde woman had been thoroughly hit by the heated ferocity just bubbling away beneath his mask. A mask he was glad to have even more. They couldn't see the glare he had been trying to pierce the Healer with. The glare that had formed from nothing more than his own heart leaping to his throat. "I..." he began with an apology on the tip of his tongue. Snapping at someone that didn't deserve it was one thing. Snapping at this woman of all people made guilt taint his mouth. Those words had just really hurt him. Even if Lissa didn't know why they hurt, that didn't stop the pain.

"Enough."

Chrom crushed the tension with one simple demand; sword raised towards the horde still stalking towards them. Every single one of them knew that this discussion was over with. Problems and burning words could be tossed around when their foes were not still hunting them with a passion. Explanations could follow later. For now they had to deal with the problem at hand. Which only one person could do at the moment in his mind. "Robin." The name bit off his lips calmly and his eyes stared at the girl with a readying hint in their depths. Every muscle on his body was preparing for more combat and his fingers curled around the hold of his weapon in instinct. "Zora lacks a weapon for the moment and we are down one Bow Knight..."

"We're not-"

A firmly raised hand from the man cut off whatever Lissa planed to say. His words continuing without missing a step.

They were done with this.

"Robin. What is the plan?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 am

She certainly didn't expect the arrival of Lissa followed by Frederick and Robin. Feeling the wound on her shoulder healing up, Zora gave a silent thanks as she starts to move her arm. The strange stinging sensation lingered for a moment, but it was nothing to worry about at all. What really worried her was that she was pretty much useless with a broken sword.

Her ears pricked at the mention of Ledah staying behind, looking in the general direction where Frederick arrived from. Hearing the mysterious man's words, she didn't know what to think. "Ya make it sound like you can predict the outcome." Zora said. "Bein' a Bow Knight without his horse is gonna lead to trouble fer him..." A few blinks as she realized her dialect was slipping as she clears her throat quickly while Lissa and Marth seemed to have a spat between each other.

Hearing Chrom asking for Robin's advice made her raise an eyebrow. What's so special about this little girl...a girl who had amnesia at that? As much as she wanted to raise a bit of an objection to him relying on Robin, it wasn't like Zora had any other ideas in this situation. With a heavy sigh, she just had to trust in this group.

"I just need a sword...or anything that can be used like a sword. These things just caught me off guard." She turns to Robin. "I didn't expect them to match up to my speed so easily, but I'm more prepared now. Robin...How will you deal with this situation?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Guilt pierced Robin's heart like a lance at Lady Lissa's fear for Sir Ledah. She knew that there was nothing she could have done, nor had there truly been time to try anything, but she was their new tactician. It was her job to ensure the safety of each and every Shepherd, as well as those who they protected. To leave the archer alone without so much as trying to bring him with them left an awful taste in Robin's mouth. It was her responsibility to keep him safe, and she had not. It was her responsibility, hers and hers alone, so Robin would make sure that any fault or anger be placed solely on her.

But that would have to wait until later.

"Here." Robin said as she handed Zora her sword. She'd considered leaving the blade with Sir Ledah, but had not done so. Now she was somewhat glad she hadn't, as while the archer at least had his bow, the myrmidon had nothing. "It's shaped differently than yours, and only made of bronze, but it is sturdy and will not fail you. My tomes work both in long range and close combat, so I will be in no danger giving the blade to you."

The tactician took stock of their surroundings. To the north, south, and east there was nothing but trees, but the woods thinned towards the west, and in the distance she could see...an abandoned fort? They would do good to take shelter in them whenever possible. No doubt they would offer distinct advantages in battle. In fact, there was another directly south that she could see if she squinted through the smoke, but she could also make out the form of one of those monsters. "Are such horrific creatures commonplace in these lands?" She muttered to herself, hoping that such was not the case.

She shook her head and profiled the creatures as best she could with the limited knowledge she had of them. They looked as if they were the undead brought back to life, sewn together with pieces of various corpses. In spite of that, they were surprisingly quick and strong, but careless with their movements. Among them she had seen swordsmen, axemen and archers, but no mages or clerics. The tactician glanced over at the nameless stranger as well to get a sense of their strengths and weaknesses. Lord, war-trained, clumsy, and poor vision all sprung to mind immediately, as well as an odd sense of familiarity.

The tactician shrugged off the sensation. She could stare at the pretty boy and figure out why she felt that way later. For now, she had the start of a plan.

"We'll aim for the westward fort." Robin announced to the Shepherds. "There we will be better protected and able to gain an understanding of what is going on. We will all travel together, but each of us will have a partner as well. Sir Frederick shall stay with Lady Lissa, and Sir Chrom will remain with Zora. Stranger! If you would fight with us, stay by my side. These creatures are strong and fast, but simple and uniform in their fighting style. I've only seen ones with swords, axes and bows, so be prepared to face opponents with those weapons, but keep an eye out for others."

The tactician glanced at Chrom. "Does that sound acceptable?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:36 pm

"They're not from Ylisse. I promise you that."

Frederick shook his head.

"No one is injured at least. Thank the gods."

Lissa growled under her breath and resisted the urge to strike away with her staff.

"Zora was. Ledah might be! If it wasn't for the masked man then I'd be..."

Marth was unusually silent. Even at the sound of praise.

"We can talk about this later. Everyone understand?" asked Chrom with a glance behind him. Knowing that even now his sibling wouldn't just do as she was told from just anybody. Even Frederick, who could see the damage of ignoring advice, refused to follow such without his command. Not that he approved. After all, he trusted Robin. It was a little sad that their hearts didn't yet beat in unison for their new-found friend.

"Fine with me 'milord'"

"I'm ready Chrom!"

Marth wordlessly shifted in response.

Frederick gripped his lance and held it up in signal before letting the tomboyish noble jump on the horse without so much as asking. While the Great Knight looked dangerously sure of himself the blonde girl in question appeared to be a woman on a mission. Her fearful eyes even went so far as to glare what little hatred they could must towards the beasts. It made her look more cute than intimidating but her current protector wasn't about to mention such a thing. "I will try not to outpace you. Racing ahead will only end badly for us here it seems..." he spoke aloud towards the group. Patting the neck of his horse slightly in gesture.

Their own lack of a mount was obvious.

It didn't appear that "Princess" was going to budge from his spot either. Content in standing there and daring them to try an' get him to move. His job was done. Now he awaited his owner.

Trying to ride a horse was one thing. Trying to ride one without training was another.

Trying to ride one without training and one that didn't like you was just stupid.

If his sister and companions looked prepared, then Chrom looked downright vengeful. His fingers curled completely around the weapon before he took step past Zora. Slowly moving in a walk before breaking off into a full-on sprint. The grim sound of crafted metal grinding against the cracked floor quickly followed as he dashed straight to the enemy with silence on his lips. The fact that he strode past her in the first place gave hint that he expected her to follow his lead. Which would more than favour her at the moment. Two blades were better than one even if they were expected to flow in a group.

Marth gave show of little emotion beyond his outburst as he observed and made it a point to nod towards Robin. He easily understood what he needed to do and was fine with following orders. From a stranger no less. He looked to want to say something though to the group. He really did. However whatever he had in mind was cast aside and he merely shadowed the Tactician. Readying for their team assault. Only breathing could be heard from the surprisingly nimble masked man as he followed. Walled thoughts kept secret as he closed his eyes.

'Not long now...father...mother...'

The view of the battlefield was strange but even in his run Chrom could see it perfectly. One beast stood waiting for them to the left with a rather large axe. Stalking near the fortress and no doubt using it as protection. A sound strategy if it was smart enough to step inside those walls. Which it wasn't. Even now he could see those eyes of crimson just watching him get closer. All while another "Risen" that appeared to favour the sword; much as he did, was almost waiting for him at the point of the forest - standing there out in the open and hissing a breathless taunt. Making no move to come closer or step back.

He didn't want to know how many more were just waiting to step out into the field.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:07 pm

"Don't worry...that was my fault. I should have bought a back up sword in the last town." She said, hoping to calm Lissa down if only by a little as she took the bronze sword from Robin. "Sorry about this...I'll be sure to get you a new one when we reach the capital."

Zora gives it a few swings, trying to see how different it was from her killing edge. A bit on the heavy side and it didn't seem too sharp, but that was probably going to be better for her for now. Seeing Chrom starting to move despite Frederick's words, she goes to follow before pausing to stare at 'Marth'. Something about this person seemed a bit familiar...or was it deja vu? IF she tried to ponder on it any longer, she wouldn't be surprised of Chrom got ahead of the group. With a shake of her head, she chases after the blue haired Lord, seeing the Risen coming into view.

"So what's our plan? Because you seem to be a bit impatient." Zora said to Chrom. "I won't be messing up like I did earlier."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 pm

The monsters that Chrom saw were both too far away for even Robin's magic to hit, nor were they yet coming close enough to, so the tactician only kept an eye on them as the group made their way to the abandoned fort, which they luckily reached without hassle. Such would surely not be the case for long, unfortunately.

Robin quickly eyed the fort as soon as they got inside. It was somewhat small but in remarkably good condition for being abandoned, and must have been so only somewhat recently. She wondered briefly of why, but pushed the thought away for later and continued to observe. The walls were tall and strong, with no structural weaknesses that could be seen or exploited, and the only entrances were in the middle of the eastern and western walls, neither of which had doors. "Chrom, Zora, stay by the eastern doorway and guard it! Sir Frederick, Lissa, do the same for the western doorway. Stranger, go with Sir Frederick and Lady Lissa! I'm going to the top of the southern wall to get a better look of what surrounds us." Without waiting to see if the Shepherds and the stranger did as she advised, Robin ran to do just that.

From higher ground, she could see the entire battlefield, and all of the creatures on it. In addition to the two Chrom had seen, Robin spotted an archer to the far west, a swordsman to the far south, and three more axemen to the far southwest.

And all of them were heading their way.

However, there was something different about the farthest of the axe-wielders, and Robin concentrated on that one. It was almost as if she could feel it more than she could see it, but see it she did. Upon closer inspection, the beast seemed to be shouting and signalling the others, as well as larger and stronger than the rest. Was it perhaps directing them? Was it a...chief of some sort? Yes, that seemed to be the case. But what to do with that information?

Robin weighed their options. There were two that jumped to mind, focusing on the chief or leaving it for last. The chief was pointing all of its underlings, if they could truly be called such, towards the Shepherds. That was both good and bad. Good in that they could easily be kept track of, as the monsters were not being stealthy in any manner of the word. If the Shepherds were the focus that would also keep nearby villages from being invaded by a rogue creature. It was bad in that the Shepherds would not be able to have any element of surprise against them, so long as the chief kept vigilant.

Ultimately, the tactician decided that the good of leaving the chief alone outweighed the bad of it. Her companions were strong, and she did not want to risk any innocents being harmed.

Robin turned to address the Shepherds and the stranger, her observations, planning, and inner debate not even having taken half a minute. "There are a total of seven of those creatures heading towards us! One is an archer to the far west, two are swordsmen, one of which is to the far south and the other nearby and westward, and the remaining wield axes. One is close by and to the south, and the rest are far to the southwest. The farthest of them wields a hand axe, is stronger and larger, seems to be a chief of some sort and is directing the others towards us. If you can help it, save that one for last! Otherwise the creatures may scatter and attack nearby villages! As the chief is further back than the rest and no faster, it will likely reach us last anyway, but stay cautious nonetheless! We are better protected here than were are in the open, so we shall remain in the fort. Keep by your positions, and I will stay up here as a lookout and attack from afar with my magic. Lady Lissa! If either Chrom or Zora need healing, have Sir Frederick take you there so it will be quicker, and alert me of what you're doing so that I may cover the stranger in your absence! These creatures are as if of one mind, or no mind at all. They have no higher thinking, and no emotions. All who wield the same weapon attack in the exact same manner, and will have no larger strategy than to attack and kill us. They are simple, but they are powerful and numerous and difficult to kill. The most surefire way would be to go for the spine, or decimate their bodies so there is nothing left they can move. You can be sure they are dead when they dissolve into a cloud of smoke, but not before then. Do not underestimate them!"

Robin drew her wind tome and readied the spell. "These creatures are powerful, and they are many, but we will prevail! Stay strong, and do not falter!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind
avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:54 am

Chrom listened as best as he could. It was obvious he was willing to follow orders, but was far from used to doing so in this manner. His sword glimmered with deadly intent even while picking up the pace to guard the position specified. His distaste for these things clear as day. The small grin across his features had yet to fade however and fit quite nicely with the words tossed to Zora.  "Don't fall behind." A rare jest, but a welcomed one. While this battle wasn't particularly bad in comparison with others he had gone through in the past, it had a eerie dread to it that he was hoping to shake off. Most down to the fact their enemies were a collection of rotting creatures and beast-like nature, seemingly lacking most human intellect. Not exactly something one could feel relaxed about.

"Keep your head down, Chrom!"

Strangely enough this had come from the passing Lissa as Frederick slowly, carefully steered his mount towards the Western point. The "Stranger" following along at his own pace behind the horse. The blue-haired male didn't have to be a genius to notice the depressed and out-right stressed vibes he was getting from his usually up-beat sister. The worried look hid beneath a stuck-out tongue and a small wave tossed from her. Not that he could blame her really. Still, she was in capable hands. The elder Knight certainly wouldn't let the healer get hurt or do anything stupid.

Iidah!

A incomprehensible word that barked from the sword-wielding foe outside the fortress ruins. Dripping with bloodlust and outright beckoning them. To such a point that the beast appeared to have dismissed the idea of charging the ruins and instead stand right in their path. Frederick and the others had a clear point to circle and flat-out take the enemy with a vantage point, but it was himself and Zora that had the best direct route to clash with the Risen blocking them from leaving. Which was something that Chrom was going to do. "Have at you!" he shouted as he raised his sword and charged forward, beckoning the girl at his side seconds before actually doing so. If the world was a grid-based map then the sword-Risen would have been a mere block away. Something that allowed Chrom a bit of lee-way in his orders.

However, that was far from the end of it. From the not-so-distance fortress across the area, there was a roar. A axe raised to the sky and Robin had a clear view at the axe-holding Risen charging directly at their own building of refuge. He didn't appear to be aiming for one of the doorways though. Instead the raging creature seemed intent on running straight towards the walls. Which would have been quite funny, if not for the way the Risen moved. Like a true beast, completely with howling and shaking weapon. If they let it get too close, then there was a high-possibility that the axe-wielding enemy would simply scale the walls to tear into them.

It didn't help that their other foes were starting to step out of the trees. Glowing red eyes being their only warning as they too began to move closer.

They were outnumbered. Something which only Robin could currently see.

"What do you mean you left your horse?"

"Sully, it was a strategy. Strategy. I didn't leave it by accident."

"Sounds like an excuse to me. Guess working with Maribelle makes you lazy."

"Oh shut up."

Well, they were outnumbered anyway.

"Captain Chrom! I found Lieutenant Ledah!"

"What do you mean you found me? I called on you!"

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Zora
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1776
Join date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   Thu May 14, 2015 12:02 am

The woman could only raise her eyebrow at his grin, holding the bronze sword to her side since it was too big to sheathe in her normal sheath and too heavy to hold out away from her side. She matches his pace with ease as she looked on ahead, seeing the strange, undead creatures in the distance. Zora turns when she heard Chrom's sister calling out to him from Frederick's steed, but quickly turns her attention back to the view in front of her the moment she heard the strange language again.

"Tch...it's almost like it's taunting us." She huffs, seeing the humanoid standing in their path rather than continuing its destruction. Hearing Chrom's shout and him drawing his sword out, she quickens her pace as she ran beside him. She analyzes the situation as best as she could, gripping onto the sword against her side. "These beasts seem much faster than a bunch ol' bandits...With this sword, I won't be able to attack or block as fast and smoothly as I would like...If you can grab his attention, that'd be much appreciated." Zora wasn't completely pumped with so much adrenalin that she would be outright blind and foolish enough to attack first. Although her skill with the sword is no laughing matter and she's nimble enough to dodge out of most attacks, the Myrmidon was a bit wary of the monster's unusual speed and would not risk getting herself seriously injured again to deal a few quick hits, especially with a dulled and slightly heavier sword sword.

"I'll make sure to take his drooling head off before he even tries to land a hit."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...   

Back to top Go down
 
Fire Emblem Awakening - Dreaming...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
» Fire Emblem Profiles
» Fire Emblem Fates
» Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion
» Meta-Knight plays Fire Emblem (please vote)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Eternity - X Omega :: Roleplaying :: Storylines-
Jump to: