Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Children of the Atom - X-Men

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 am

"You're sure it's her that we need?"

The deep tones of Magneto's voice fell from his lips and over the rails of his balcony, down onto the crashing waves on the shores of Genosha. With his helmet removed, his pure-white hair swayed in the sea breeze as his cape billowed in the same. His fortress was a mighty one, forge entirely from the finest metals. A weapon as much as it was a home, able to catch any intruder or outsider off-guard. Any outsider, except for the man who stood just behind him, cane pressed firmly to the floor. Moriarty seemed insulted at the question. Magneto was a wise man as far as one could be in comparison to Moriarty, and he should've known better than to question his judgment.

"I'm always sure. Her adaptations are crucial for Project:Ascension to succeed."

"And we can't convince her to volunteer?"

"You ripped her hometown off of the foundation and dropped it on her. Cooperation is not an option."

Magneto stared out onto the ocean, not enjoying the position he was put in, but the promises of what they had planned for the future, with a new step in evolution ready to be taken by the only ones worthy enough to take it, he had no option.

"Get her. Any means."

"I've already made the calls. Sabertooth and Toad will set out soon, as well as a representative of the Thieve's Guild and......Wilson."

Magneto sighed.

"Was Wilson necessary?"

"He's unpredictable. We don't need them alive, anyway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Kim could tell that she was getting tired.

It'd been some time since they had started running from the MRDs, whoever they were, and she was starting to wonder when they'd be able to stop. She didn't actually feel tired, the adrenaline prevented that, but it had been long enough that she knew she would be exhausted when it wore off. Stamina or fitness in general weren't things she had in abundance, being cooped up in her house the majority of the time. Quite the opposite, if her parents' occasional nickname of 'chubby' was anything to go by. She'd never been overly fond of that one.

Still, Kim wasn't about to start complaining. She shouldn't, couldn't, and wouldn't. They needed to get away from those MRD guys, and saying that she would be tired wasn't going to change that fact. Plus she would have felt the same anyway, seeing how she had changed, and because she had changed, she knew that she'd be able to keep going for a full day at least if they really had to. Probably even more. And she wasn't even going to change back until they stopped running. So there was literally no point in mentioning that she'd be tired when she changed back. That'd be stupid, even for her.

So she just grinned a little wider and kept running, leaving Crenshaw and her thoughts about it far, far behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:18 am

As the group moved, Cameron had taken the initiative to trek on ahead, keeping to the hidden corners of the world, at this point the rolling forest, scouting out the path ahead to make sure it was safe and without any more surprises. As the band of exiled mutants moved ahead, the serpentine ninja fell from the trees, landing on a branch.

"There's a town up ahead......."

"Too risky."

Sherrie spoke bluntly, though her brother had other plans as he held his hands up, trying to open the minds of his traveling companions physically if he couldn't do it any other way.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I mean, I'm all for not getting picked up by the Mardies or shaking hands with anyone and introducing ourselves as runaways, but we need some supplies. Food, water, the good stuff."

"We don't have any money....."

Rosa chimed in.

"And we can't make a purchase without giving our spot away anyway."

"That....."

Trevor smiled his grin that had always accompanied one of his "great" ideas.

"Is where the Harris siblings come into play. We......borrow what we need."

"You mean steal."

"If you have a better idea......."

Rosa said nothing, because in reality she didn't have a better idea. Her stomach rumbled, and she knew it wouldn't be long before their holding out would do them all in. Cameron said nothing, per usual, measuring the group to see what would be decided on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:25 am

"I really don't like the idea of stealing either, but I can't think of any other way..." Kim said, tilting her head back to stare at the treetops. "I wish I could, stealing isn't right. But we are going to need those sorts of things if we're going to be out here. And we could probably could pay it back someday, couldn't we? Send an anonymous donation or something. I don't know if they'd accept it, but it'd be better than nothing, right? I still really wish there was another way that didn't involve stealing in the first place, but if there is, I'm not seeing it. But are you sure you and Sherrie would be safe doing it at all? Like she said, it'd be super risky, wouldn't it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 am

"Kid...."

Trevor could see a future problem before almost anyone else (which didn't help his ceaseless paranoia), and from what Kim had said, there was obviously a problem. He tried his best not to just respond with in-your-face yelling, though a few words did come with some force.

"I don't know what world you think you're livin' in or if you think you're still tucked in your bed at home, but this, "stealin' is wrong" or "fightin' is wrong" or whatever is going to get you or more than likely us killed. You'll be doing a lot of things people say are "wrong" but the game's changed. Just.....try not to think about it."

His sister wanted to respond, but she knew he was right. Rosa didn't step in, sticking to herself as was her usual. Cameron, however silent, did not go without preparation. He had tucked his hand into his pocket, taking a light grip on his knife, but when Trevor calmed himself down to turn his speech into more of a reassurance for Kim, he allowed him to keep breathing.

"Plus, Sher and I are the perfect team, I told ya. Human skeleton key!"

He smiled to Kim.

"We'll be eatin' your favorite candy in no time flat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Kim met Trevor's gaze. "I get it. We're gonna have to do a lot of things I don't like if we're gonna stay safe and survive. I get it. I really do. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna drop my morals because of it, or not try to think of a way to do these things so that it doesn't go against my morals, or not hope that I can someday make it right when I can't think of another way. But I'm also not gonna try and stop you when I can't think of another way, and I definitely won't get any of you hurt or killed because of it. I don't know if you'll trust my word, but I promise you that. And sorry, I didn't mean to doubt your skills. I'm just kinda paranoid like that. Not being able to get hurt makes it very clear how dangerous things can be for everyone else."

Seeing so many people die had been a firm reminder of that.

"Anyway, bottom line is I'm not gonna stop having morals, but I won't let them get in the way either." She told him, then chuckled and added, "Butterscotch candies are my favorite, by the way. Thanks in advance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:20 am

"Morals, she says!" Trevor motioned with a semi-mocking thumb to the girl standing her ethical ground. He chuckled once, shaking his head. "No offense or nothin', but those are famous last words. You can....I dunno, write 'em a thank you card or whatever it is you people do."

He turned away, moving on ahead still lightly shaking his head at the standing moral construct that was Kim. It was then a  light hand touched her shoulder, and Sherrie stepped around to look her in the eye with a somewhat apologetic aura to it.

"Don't take him too seriously," She said, "We've been doing this a long time......seen a lot of people.....you know. Trev's not the best at dealing with that stuff, so he makes light of a lot. He's really looking out for you, is all.....just in his way."

Cameron watched as Trevor went on his way, silently judging the subtle moves he made on the way. He heard what his sister said, but those were the words of a sibling. He believed none of it, but he knew that kid would be one he would watch closer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:43 am

Kim grinned at Sherrie. "Oh, don't worry about it! I'm not offended. He made good points, aside from the 'famous last words' bit. I can't get hurt so I can't exactly die, now can I? But yeah, I think I get where he's coming from, at least to some extent. Don't worry. And hey, the thank you card isn't a bad idea either. Granted, that's for way in the future, but still. Really, though, don't worry, I get it. Thanks."

She chuckled and turned her gaze back to Trevor, though her words were still aimed at his sister. "Now we better start following him or he'll leave us all behind before we know it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:27 am

It was called "Garrett's Stop N' Go".

It was gas station located on the side of the highway, and in the early morning hour it became abundantly clear that the one fault in the system, the skeleton key and monkey wrench into the two-person snatch machine that were the Harris siblings, was there with them.

There were people. Lots of people.

"Because of course there is," spoke Trevor, head tilted and eyes narrowed at the turn of events against his favor. The aim was for the outskirts of town, to ind a place not commonly traveled, but the early morning hours were prime for travel, and because of that, prime moments for a gas station / rest stop to be open and active.

"Looks like we won't be getting much," Sherrie spoke as she stepped up behind him, rubbing her upper-arm. "Too many people to get a real score on, add in the faculty and we're looking at pretty much being screwed."

"We're already screwed". Trevor cupped a hand over his mouth, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath in through his nose, clearing his mind. "Can you pick anything up from here?"

"Currents feed up into two corners, another into a low and high point on the other side. Three cameras, one silent alarm. Nothing big."

"Easy entrance, easy score......impossible with the room size and the people.....come on, come on, think, what can we......."

Trevor's eyes lit up as he turned to the rest of the group, Rosa, Kim, and Cam, who had just made their way up to meet with the siblings. Without a moment to ask the situation or to acclimate to the new location, they were greeted with a thrust out finger by a crazed-looking Trevor and a loud, almost shriek of, "WHICH ONE OF YOU IS THE BEST ACTOR?!"

Cameron heard the question and all but instantly looked down to his light-green hands, and the motioned them to his face. Trevor rapidly nodded, in a way quickly eliminating Cameron from the equation. "Right, right, right, snake dude, got it. How 'bout you, Rose?"

"Rosa."

"Whatever."

Rosa twirled the red streak in her hair, trying to think back whenever she had ever acted before. She was an athlete, not a theater kid, so the times were not many in number.

"I'm ok, I guess. Depends on what's needed."

The word, "ok" didn't seemed to sit well with Trevor, as he nervously bit his bottom lip and groaned a little, turning to Kim. He didn't ask, more so looked her in the eyes like a man on his last hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 am

Kim let out a thoughtful hum. "Well, I'd like to think I'm pretty good, but I've never really had anyone tell me one way or the other. I mean, there were little plays back in elementary school that I was in, and I got compliments there, but I was like, ten. Who tells a ten year old that they're a bad actor? Still, I do like to act out books and plays and stuff when I'm bored or just reading, so I'd like to say I've gotten good at doing it. That being said..." She gestured to the parts of her that were changed, the scales all the fireproofed skin. "...you're either gonna have to give me twenty or so minutes to change back or I'm gonna need to borrow a jacket. Well, no, my face can't really be covered, can it? So yeah, maybe about twenty minutes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:59 am

"Yeah, cool, sure, that works, cool, sure". Trevor nodded but more toward himself than anyone else around him. Pretty good for a small child still made Kim the best actor in the group and that was good enough for him. Trevor swooped an arm around Kim, bringing her over to the sibling's vantage point.

"Ok, so, this is the place. Lot's of food and junk in that store, enough to stock up so we can have some food for a few weeks, or at least a few days. No more of this stuff or a while, sounds pretty cool, right?" Before Kim could respond, Trevor continued.

"So here's the problem. People. People are always the problem and there's a bunch of 'em, so what we need is someone who can......" it hit Trevor just how bad of a call this might have been as he spoke the words, "pretend that they're hurt so we can sneak in....."

He looked to his new leading lady in the play that would get them breakfast.

"Just....wince and stuff, I guess. All you gotta do is lay on the ground and act all beat up and stuff, and Sher'll block out those cameras, I'll swoop in and get the goods, and we can all go away like nothin' happened. Ghosts. You think you can do that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 am

Kim nodded. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do that. Give me a signal when you're done, okay? Like, would you mind turning off the lights for a few seconds or something Sherrie? Then I'll know Trevor's done and I'll get out of there. But I'm gonna go change back now, okay? I need to concentrate to do it, and I can't really concentrate well when I'm around people, so I'm gonna head a little ways into the woods to do it. Be back soon!"

Without another word, she walked off into the forest. A little over twenty minutes later, Kim returned, and her skin was back to normal. She grinned at the group as she approached. "All done! Now, let's see what I can do."

Then she closed her eyes and imagined.

Beat up wouldn't work unmarked and it needs to get everyone's attention, so...my stomach hurts. I wasn't doing anything, just taking a walk to get to somewhere with people because my car broke down and my cellphone's dead and nobody would stop to help me. The pain came out of nowhere, sharp and stabbing, a million knives carving me from the inside. It hurts more than anything, anything I've ever felt in my entire life. What's happening to me? Why does it hurt so bad? I didn't do anything! I was only walking! It's so painful. I've never felt anything like this. God, I thought people were kidding when they called pain stabbing. I wish they were, it really hurts. Is my appendix busted? That happened to Dad, didn't it? It hurts so much. Am I going to die? I'm scared. It hurts, I feel sick, I can't breathe, it hurts so much, please just make it stop, please, God, please, it hurts, it hurts, it HURTS-

Kim opened her eyes again, and the difference from just a minute ago was jarring to say the least. She'd become pale as a ghost, all the blood drained from her face, which had an expression of excruciating pain, as well as one seconds away from crying. She was slightly hunched over and trembling, her breaths shaky and shallow as she covered her stomach with both hands, gripping her shirt so tightly that her knuckles were even paler than the rest of her. After a nod to the group, she staggered over to the store and entered, bumping into a stranger not even five steps in. Kim fell down with a pained gasp, and the stranger turned to her. "Oh, sorry, I - whoa, are you okay?"

"It hurts." Kim whimpered, clutching at her stomach with tears in her eyes. "It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts-"

"Hey, what's wrong?" The man asked as he knelt down in front of Kim, placing a hand on her shoulder and giving her a gentle shake to get her attention. "Did you-"

But the small motion made Kim let out a short scream, which became a strangled sob as her tears spilled over. She pulled away from the well-intentioned man, curling in on herself even more as she continued her anguished wailing. "Oh God, it hurts, it hurts, help me, PLEASE-"

Her scream pulled the attention of every person in the store, as well as drew them over to her. If Trevor wanted a moment to slip in and take the items unnoticed, it was then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:03 am

"Not too bad.....you're on, Sis". Trevor nodded to Sherrie as he slipped down from cover and closer to the store, Cameron following close behind and just as silent as ever before. With hands outstretched, Sherrie let her influence pass from her mind through her palms and into the wires of the store, holding the energy in-place. For the electrical equipment, it was as if time stood still, security monitors holding a single image of clear aisles, the perfect sign that all was clear.

As they arrived at the door, the mob of store goers and employees packed tightly enough to allow them safe passage, the pandemonium of a young girl in ungodly pain enough to draw their attention. The first things they grabbed were back packs, enough for four individuals (or two with four shoulders). Cameron swooped into the drink aisle, grabbing as many bottles of water and other beverages as possible, as Trevor expertly swept over the rest, quickly grabbing food, candy, first-aid supplies, anything they would need on their journey and stuffing them into his bags. The job was turning out to be much easier than he believed.

Then the cashier turned to use the phone.

"Oh shit, shit, no!" Trevor hissed under his breath, ducking down to make sure he was not seen. He could only hope that his sister had something in-mind.

In the brush, Sherrie felt the disturbance as the hand clutched the phone receiver. She panicked for a moment, running through ideas before extending her thumb and pinky and place it to the side of her head. "9-11, what is your emergency?" As if designed for it, she heard the words of the Cashier through her hand, her body one with all of the technology in the store. Trevor's heart skipped a beat as he heard the cashier continue to speak and then hang up, returning to the Kim with, in his mind, instructions. 

"Cam, let's go."

As fast as they entered, the two mutants escaped with four bags stuffed to capacity with supplies, booking it until they were safe. As they did, Sherrie forced the technology to dance, the lights in the store slightly dimming once, and then returning to full-power. To the regular eye, it would appear as nothing but a basic electrical fluctuation. 

To the expecting eye, it was a signal to run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:28 am

Kim caught the signal and immediately dropped the act. She grinned at the man who she'd run into and told him, "Wow, I suddenly feel much better! It's a miracle! Bye now," before she stood up and raced out of the store.

She joined the others after taking a longer way that didn't lead directly to them, and grinned and wiped the leftover tears from her eyes as she approached. "Well, seeing as they believed me, I guess I'm at least a passable actor. That's nice to know. Glad it worked out, even if I feel bad doing it. That one man looked really panicked, poor guy. Oh well. Still, I suppose it could have been a lot worse. Probably. So how did you guys do? Did you get everything that you needed?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 am

"How would you rate food and supplies for weeks?"

Trevor tossed his bags down to the dirt, set in the center of the group now circled round to see the spoils of their quick hands and acting skills. As they bunched together, and the contents inside began to rattle which rose the moral among the group like the first blossom after a harsh winter.

"Thanks to theater class over here, we got ourselves the good stuff. Check it, canned foods, enough bottled water for us to drink easy....even got the candies. Boo.....yah."

Cameron stood by his side, silent, but still showing slight shades of enjoyment in his bounty. He slid his own bags down with a shrug of the shoulder, careful not to touch them with bare skin to avoid contaminating the contents with the venom excreting from his skin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 am

Kim's grin only grew wider. "I would rate that as awesome. You guys did amazing! You weren't kidding about the ghost thing, Trevor. I didn't hear or see you two at all! Granted, I was kinda screaming and surrounded by people, but my point still stands. And thanks again for the signal, Sherrie. It was good to have that, 'cause I never would have known they were leaving otherwise. You all were really awesome."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 am

Sherrie happily nodded and gave a slight smile to Kim, one of the first acts of emoting she had really done since this ragtag group of mutants first formed. Her brother, on the other hand, had taken his praise to the levels that he seemed to always place himself, scratching his cheek with a giant, toothy grin.

"Ahhhh, schucks!"

Cameron seemed to enjoy his takes as well, knowing that he had helped. Still, he couldn't grin wider than just above a stoic expression, a plain face his newly found mask in the wake of his....friends? No, not yet. Allies, based on a convenience.

Still, he enjoyed the moment.

-----------------------------------------------

"So we stealin' people now, eh?"

"Suddenly growing a conscious?"

He leaned back against the wood of the fine chair he sat on, his brown duster flowing from the edge of the seat down and onto the worn out floor of the plantation house. The tapping of the rain out on the dirt road that cut up to the mansion served as the calm to the shudder of thunder just a ways away. His brown hair hung down over closed eyes, a soothed grin on his face as his just....listened.

"Non, just tryin' to get where we at in business."

"We're in the business of money and right now, business is good. Our client i-"

"S'il te plaît...."

The woman dressed in the white suit who stood ahead of him didn't shift her cold demeanor, but the lazy, gloved-hand that begged for her silence had grabbed her attention.

"You know I ain't about knowin' dem. Just they money."

"Very well.....all you need to familiarize yourself with are these."

She placed a briefcase upon the table, opening it to display an assortment of silver bands, obviously designed to clasp onto the wrist.

"They were very insisting that you use this tools. Placing them on the wrist should...numb the mutation. It's not a cure, but they should render the target weak until they're delivered to the client."

He sighed, reaching into his coat for something, removing from it a small box.

"They want me to shackle 'em......take them powers from a couple of kids. Les temps sont durs."

"We need the best......and you're the best we have, Remy. This could put the clan back on top. Failure isn't an option."

Opening the top of the box, the now named Remy slipped a finger in, removing from it a slim object. As the gas lamps in the room burned low, he turned it, revealing an Ace of Spades which he had pulled from the deck without so much as a glance.

"Chere.....losin's not my style."

The sky ignited with a flash of lightning, the rumble of thunder coming as the shadows returned to the room. Shadows that soon were forced from his eyes as they opened, and from within burning orbs of red looked out to the woman in white. His grin grew a bit wider as he fan the card in his hand, revealing the three other aces behind it.

Luck was no longer on their side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:24 am

It had been a few weeks since the theft that had nabbed the merry band their food and supplies. Trevor had been right in claiming that they would last for weeks, as they still weren't all gone, though getting near it. Kim helped with that by using her gift to photosynthesize instead of eating anything, so they would last even longer than they would have otherwise. This had the added bonus of not needing to rob places as often, so she was quite happy to do so.

As it was, the sun was down and the group had just finished setting up camp for the night. Kim stretched and yawned, tired and very, very sore. Walking long distances every day, as well as daily changes, were both extremely taxing on her body. Some of the first days she'd had to make herself change just to be able to move properly. Still, it wasn't nearly as bad anymore, and she was more fit now because of it. Had to look on the bright side of things, right?

Right.

Kim yawned again and sat down against a tree, glancing up at the sky. It was cloudless and full of stars, and she could see Orion and the Dippers, just like the night she had watched them with Cam. Just like the night-

She didn't let the memory go any further.

"We're getting a bit low on supplies, aren't we?" Kim asked the group at large. "We've still got enough for at least a few days, but we're probably gonna have to do something about it soon. I still really don't like the idea of stealing, but I still can't think of another way to get the supplies, and we do need them. We haven't really seen any place where we could get any, though, sticking to the woods and all. Should we head closer to the road tomorrow? There's bound to be something along there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:26 am

The crackle of a campfire was not a sound the group was used to hearing, the this night was a special occasion. He had gone out into the woods, using that pocket knife that he kept so close to his person at all times to remove branches and any other wood needed to ignite the flame, using some matches in their packs....and now Cam rested by the glow. In his hand, he fumbled the bandages that he once wrapped around his face, looking down to them like he held the very years he spent wearing them in his palm.

He said nothing, shockingly, to Kim's call.

Yet, the guy sitting across the flame from him would've never been able to keep his mouth shut, even if they paid him too.

"Gotta drag it out just a little more, kiddo."

Trevor hadn't spoken to Kim like a stranger in a few days. No one in the merry band of mutants could really consider themselves "friends", at least outside of Cameron and Kim, but cooperation had become a norm. Sherrie and Rosa had drifted off to whatever form of sleep they could have, resting against their bags like pillows. Trevor turned his attention over to Kim.

"I ducked closer to town a few hours ago, kept my ears up....we're close to Salt Lake City. That's not good....."

"Major city. Potential MRD presence."

Cameron spoke in his whispered tones, looking up and out to nowhere in particular.

"Threat's too high."

"Better off just sleepin' and we'll figure this whole thing out in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 am

Kim nodded, trusting their words and expertise. She'd asked about MRDs and the other foreign terms a while ago, so she was no longer completely in the dark, but they still had far more experience than her in dealing with these matters. "Alright. Probably would have been better to bring this up when all of us were awake, anyway. Wow, though, Salt Lake City? Really? We've come quite a ways, haven't we? Hard to believe. Well, in any case, I'm gonna follow Rosa and Sherrie's example and go to sleep. Night, you two, sweet dreams."

With that, Kim settled more comfortably against the tree, quietly hummed a lullaby her grandmother used to sing, and let the melody and the warmth of the fire pull her into slumber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:06 am

"Wish I could bottle her enthusiasm."

Trevor spoke out loud as he leaned in closer to the fire, his words drifting over the flame toward the snake-like Cameron....who did nothing with them. He tightened the grip on the bandages in his hand, before returning them into his pocket. He took a breath through his nose before looking to Trevor.

"Yeah. She's....lively."

"Can say that again."

".......she's lively."

"That's, uhhh....not what I meant. It's a...y'know what, forget it. I'm going to bed."

"Yeah."

Trevor left the fire there and returned to his sleeping spot, nestling in as best he could to call it a night. Cameron took a moment to look around the camp, taking in the sight of each of the other mutants who now lived as he did, hiding in the woods to avoid danger. He looked to Kim, then back to the ground. Her first real moments out in the world were the last moments she could call herself truly happy. She smiled everyday, but Cam knew she had something buried underneath. Logic told him what it was..........

But he wouldn't bring it up.

He climbed the tree where he had strung his makeshift hamak, drifting off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"My, my, my. Sleepin' like lil enfants."

Burning red eyes peered out from the shadows in the woods upon the resting band of mutants. "Remy" had been watching for hours, his skill from life experience enough to throw off any sense of detection those little hairs on the back of their necks would give them. He leaned against the tree, fixing the purple tie he wore under his black vest.

"Salt Lake's a nice place, mes amis. Be a shame if y'all actu'ly missed it."

He stepped lightly into their camp, never once alerting the sleepers.

"Le's give y'all a reason, yes?"

As he reached down to the first bag, his skilled hands went to work. He was gone clear before nightfall without so much as a stir from the mutants, but he had taken much. He enjoyed a butterscotch candy as he made his way through the woods and off into the distance.

Salt Lake City awaited...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 am

Kim woke up slowly, rubbing her eyes and stretching as she stood. The sun hadn't long since risen from the sky, making the woods glow with its light. It was very pretty, and she'd tried to make it a habit to wake up early enough to see it, even if the traveling wouldn't start for a while. A few minutes less sleep was worth it to see something like that every morning.

It was the little things that mattered most, sometimes.

She glanced around to see if any of the others were awake, not wanting to speak and risk waking them up if they weren't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 am

"SCRREEEEEEWED!!!"

For all of Kim's effort in keeping quiet, it was all for naught as a high-pitched wail like a banshee cut through the camp site. Sherrie shot up from her sleeping position, while Rosa just turned her head up to catch the sight of Trevor, bag held upside down in hand, pale as a ghost and shaking it. No contents fell from the obviously empty bag.

"Oh we're screwed, screeeeewed!"

"Trev, what's wro-"

"Check your bag!"

Sherrie cocked an eyebrow to her brother's erratic behavior, doing as he said. As she picked up the bag, she paused, before hurriedly ripping it to her lap and opening it to find the same true for her bag: it was empty.

"How is this possible?! I was sleeping on it!"

"Animals?"

Rosa chimed in, a blunt question passed over in her own up front way. Trevor shook his head rapidly as he held the bag to his side.

"No tears, no bite marks. No sign of struggle. I don't know how but....we've been robbed."

"We've been followed."

Eyes turned to the treetops as Cameron peered down on them, crouched upon a tree branch net to his hamak. He quickly scanned the campsite, looking for any trace of a person upon the ground. He found nothing, which worried him even more.

"We're being watched."

He leaped into the leaves, taking off to scan the area. Trevor ran his hand across his face, realizing the exact thing they didn't want to happen had come to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:11 am

What a way to start a morning.

Kim's eyes got wider and wider as the conversation went on and the reality of the situation began to set in. "What? Seriously? Who could sneak past everyone in a forest with leaves and branches everywhere and take all the stuff without waking anyone? And why? Another ninja? Why are there so many ninja nowadays?! But seriously, who? And why? What reason could they have for doing something like this? Especially if they're watching and following us. Why would they do it? And why would they wait until now? And what purpose could it possibly serve to take all our stuff?! Do you think they want us to go to the city or something? It's the only thing that I can think of, that we'd have to go there to get supplies if all ours were gone. But what's waiting for us in Salt Lake if they want us to go there? Geez, it doesn't really make sense, does it? Why would they want that at all? Ugh. So, what do we do? If I'm not off the mark then there's something waiting for us in the city, but even if I'm wrong we can't exactly go on without supplies, and even if the city's dangerous there's not really anywhere else to go, is there? We're really caught between a rock and a hard place here."

She fiddled with her charm bracelet, trying to think of something else they could do, but came up blank. Unless someone had a better idea, the only option seemed to be taking a visit to Salt Lake City.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Rosa had taken a standing position, brushing her hair from her tanned face as she looked around the campsite. The faces all spelled out the same story. A story of concern, of hopelessness to the situation at hand. She slipped a hand into her jeans pocket, trying to collect her thoughts.

"So that's our only option."

"Well that option sucks!"

Trevor crouched down, crossing one arm over his knees and resting the other on that arm, cupping his chin. He just stared at the ground, watching the dirt like every plan he tried to come up with was etching itself in the earth before him.

"Damn it all......alright, yeah, no options. Well, there's one:....starve to death."

He groaned as he rose back up, pacing back and forth. His lips quivered with quiet words as he spoke to himself, trying to plot out the best plan of attack or rather trying to convince himself that this wasn't suicidal. Sherrie, now standing with the other girls. She leaned closer to them, whispering.

"I'd say he's not always like this but you already know that's a lie."

Trevor stopped in place.

"We're going to go into the city.....but we can't use real names. Somebody's out there...."

As he said this, Cameron emerged once again from the trees, stepping in to join the group. He shook his head, his black hair waving so the sun would catch the highlights of green in it.

"Nothing."

"Alright, so they aren't watching now....but that doesn't mean a thing in the city. Thousands of eyes, thousands of ears.....thousands of mouths. If this person catches wind of us, we've walked right into the trap."

"So what are you suggesting?"

Rosa spoke for the group, hoping to cut into the silence.

"Code names."

"Code names?"

"Code names."

There was a long pause....before Sherrie and Rosa both broke out into laughter. Cameron just sort of looked up and away, not joining in on the humiliation. Trevor folded his arms, waiting for the laughter to end.

It didn't end soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   

Back to top Go down

Children of the Atom - X-Men
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next