Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Children of the Atom - X-Men

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Laughter was the only contagion that Kim could catch, and she joined in the other girls' mirth with her own helpless giggles. They died down quicker than the other two, though the occasional giggle escaped as she looked to Trevor curiously. "Code names? Really? I mean, it's a neat idea. Makes it sorta like we're spies on a mission or something. Which actually sounds really fun. But wouldn't it be easier to just use fake names? Like, I'd probably remember to call myself or someone else Chris before I would remember to call us...whatever code name you'd call us instead. And then what if someone heard us talking with our code names? They might think we were a gang or something...which, admittedly, would also be kinda cool. But that'd probably draw attention to us, which is what we want to avoid, right? I think it's a neat idea, but it doesn't really make too much sense, does it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:28 am

"You can all shut up!"

Trevor flared a nostril at the group, tapping his toe as the final laughs died down from all of the group, Sherrie still grinning like a cat with a mouse. Trevor narrowed a single eye at his siter before proceeding.

"Now if you're all done, let me explain this reeeeeaaally sloooooooow for you aaaaallllll. Saying our names in public would easily track us based on gossip. Now, why don't we just use real fake names.....real....you know what I mean. The way your brain works, if you were having casual conversation with someone, you'll more than likely bleat out one of our real names before anything else. It's just instinct. In this case we come up with something so far out there that there's no way you would forget it. Yes, you're right, it doesn't make sense.....and that's why the plan makes the most sense of all."

"That......actually makes some sense."

It seemed to hurt Sherrie to say those words.

"Yeah, told ya.....so.....Sher, you'll beeeeeee.....Glitch."

Sherrie tossed her tongue around in her mouth like she was tasting the name, her face twisting up as she thought about it.

"That's not bad......makes sense."

"You're oh so welcome."

"So, baby brother, what to you propose we call you?"

Trevor grimaced at the referral to his age, but he held his chin high with pride as he spoke in a clear voice.

"Easy. Houdini!"

"Dude....really?"

"'Cause I can escape from anything! You know, just like Harry Hou.....you know, screw you, it's cool!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 am

"Oooo, neat!" Kim said, grinning at the new names and bouncing on her toes in excitement. "Glitch and Houdini are both really cool! Fitting, too. This'll be fun. Hmm, what should mine be...I seriously stink at coming up with names. Um...what about - no, no definitely not. But then what else? Argh, why am I so bad at this? Um...well, since you two both based yours off your gifts, I might as well do that too. How to make a name out of that, though? Hmm. I can survive anything, so what about Survivor? Simple enough, right? I don't think that I'd forget it, at least. Yeah. Survivor it is! Glad that's figured out. Cam, Rosa, what about you two? What will your code names be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:18 am

"Hey hey, look who's on board now!"

Trevor grinned at Kim's sudden outburst with her new name. He patted her on the shoulder, giving the approving thumbs up in her direction.

"Yeah, I like that. Survivor it is!"

Rosa and Cam were not as enthusiastic about the situation, though their minds ran just as the others did. It was Rosa who spoke first, not surprising considering who the other person in the equation was.

"I make weapons....maybe......Arsenal."

"That was kind of short and to the point but heeeeeeey, look who's involved!"

Trevor motioned his arms in a cheesy sense to try and work up a smile on the girl with the crimson-streaked hair. It didn't work. Sherrie shook her head at her brother's attempt, then turning to the pale-green Cameron.

"Sooooo...what about you?"

"I......I don't-"

"Orochi."

The heads turned to Rosa, now breaking her silence once again, eyes set straight at Cameron. He didn't necessarily return the favor, averting his eyes to the ground just past her, but still he listened and retorted.

"Orochi?"

"Japanese serpent, an eight-headed dragon it took a god to slay. Embrace the snake thing."

Outside of Kim, he had never been told to embrace who he was. Cameron fumbled his hands in his pockets, not exactly sure of what to say.

"That and, you know.....the ninja thing."

"I'm not a ninja."

Cameron snipped in his raspy whisper, sneering at Rosa who...actually cracked a slight grin.

They all shared a laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:54 am

Kim knew the legend of Yamata no Orochi, and didn't think the code name suited Cam at all. He was way too nice and good a person to share the name of a monster that ate maidens and caused so much misery and suffering. Still, she figured this wasn't the time to protest that sort of thing, or that there was even much of a point to do so as they probably wouldn't be using them for very long. Which was too bad, in its own way. It would have been fun to pretend they were in a gang or something.

She once again couldn't help but giggle along with the others when they started to laugh, her worries fading some as the atmosphere became more light-hearted. Maybe the trip to the city wouldn't be as bad as they feared it would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:45 am

They had walked for an hour.

Nothing too grand in the context of their journey, walking for an hour seemed like a break compared to their day excursions, but the time had weighed down on them heavily. They knew what they were doing, what they were heading towards.Nothing fun awaited them in Salt Lake City, but food and water were something that most in the group just couldn't go without.

"So.....we're ready for this, right?"

Trevor didn't turn back to address the group, but still his attempt to reassure them all didn't go unnoticed. Deemed unbelievable, yes, but not unnoticed. 

"Keep the names in-mind and we should be fine, right.....Houdini?"

At his sister's words, Trevor could only smile a little. He nodded.

"Right."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:12 am

"Survivor is ready too!" Kim responded with a grin and a nod. She understood the gravity of the situation, how dangerous what they were about to do was, but a part of her couldn't help but be excited. She'd never been to a city before. The closest she'd ever come was passing through them on the long drive to Crenshaw so long ago, but that wasn't nearly the same as walking the streets. Despite that excitement, she kept herself focused. This was too important not to have her full attention. She wasn't worried for herself, her gift would keep her safe, but the others...

"Shall we go?" She asked, grinning wider.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:42 am

It was nothing for the majority of the group to pass undetected into the city, natural appearance blending them into the crowd that moved like a river of flesh across the streets of Salt Lake City. The buildings hung up like titans overhead which would intimidate most, but to the young man of green who climbed their heights to avoid being spotted, it felt like home.

A whistle came from the lips of Trevor, eyeing up all of the buildings.

"Been a while since I've been to a city this big. Feels good."

"Don't lose track."

His sister spoke to him in the way that the age difference would justify, treating him like the younger brother he was. He shook his head.

"As if."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:58 am

Kim probably needed Sherrie's advice more than her brother did, unable to fight the urge to stare at everything with wide eyes. The buildings were so tall, and while she knew they were called skyscrapers for a reason, it didn't make the sight any less impressive. And there were so many people! She never seen so many people in one place before, maybe not even ever. How did they all fit inside one city, and just how massive of a city was it to hold all of them? She wished she could go find out for herself, explore and ask questions and have fun, but it wasn't the time, and she needed to focus.

But it was still really cool.

"This is really, really cool." Kim thought aloud with a grin, resisting the urge to ramble on about just how cool it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:15 am

It was never going to be the same as any of the other heists. Small town convenience stores were, well, small and easy to infiltrate. There was nothing easy about the city. The security was much more elaborate, the eyes numerous and at all angles, and all of them seemed to be traced onto Trevor as he thumbed through a clothing rack inside the Mega-Mart department store.

"Glitch....."

"Got it."

She held the pulses of electricity in their wires in a stranglehold, keeping a single, repeating image of a clear coast upon the security monitors. The theft-preventing alarms fell useless as she cut their power of entirely, all without as much as a discreet hand motion.

"Arsenal."

"Check."

Rosa, or rather, Arsenal, took the suggestions given to her by the experts to heart, moving subtly as she picked off cans of food and bottles of water, unnoticed in the mess of humanity running through the store. 

"Orochi?"

"Success....."

He had snuck in like the wind sweeping across the floor and grabbing his own score: a black leather jacket with a hood connected to it, exactly what he needed. He was gone before anyone could notice, not wanting to touch the food as to not risk spreading the poison onto anything unwanted.

"Survivor?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:45 am

"Doing good."

Kim did the same as Rosa, snatching food and drink and other necessary supplies when no eyes were on her. The act of stealing still wasn't something that sat well with her, but if she treated it like a game then she could get past the feeling. It didn't lessen her focus or the gravity of the situation, the pretending, but it would help her to ignore the wrongness and guilt she felt until she was in a better place and time to deal with them. Besides, like she'd told Trevor before, she'd make up for it someday. She wasn't sure when, or how for that matter, but she would. So it'd be fine, and until then, she'd deal with the stealing.

"Houdini." She said when her backpack couldn't hold any more, shifting and motioning to indicate such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:02 am

Trevor nodded, looking through the rack with a little more furrow to his brow before stopping on an article of clothing. It was an orange t-shirt with the image of a small kitten on the front rolling with a ball of yarn.

"Wow, I really like this black shirt."

As if suddenly colorblind, Trevor spurted out the wrong color....and yet the rest of the team knew what the call truly meant. Subtly, each member of the merry band of abandoned mutants took their leave, sliding always closer to the back fire exit left dormant by the powers of one girl named Glitch. Trevor stood at the doorway, waiting to be the last to exit. He was able to escape any situation physically, but also mentally and if he were to be caught, he'd have the best chance of escape.

As they exited, Cameron whistled from the rooftops, motioning them down the path he had mapped out from his bird's eye view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:50 am

Kim made her way out of the store and down the path Cam had mapped for them, not yet dropping the game. That would be later, when they were back in the forest and she didn't have to be so focused. She'd have all the time in the world then to think back on everything and feel guilty, to plan how to make amends someday. But for now she needed to concentrate on what she was doing and not on the the future. For now the game was on, and it needed her full attention. Games were serious business, after all, not something to be done half-heartedly.

So she grinned and ran and did not let herself be distracted by the city or the people, and pretended the twinge of pain in her chest did not exist.

She was very good at pretending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:02 am

Cameron had passed from rooftop to rooftop, the one they now called "Orochi" moving like shadows cast down on the concrete by the sun. He had led the group to a sectioned alley, quiet, calm to the always busy nature of the city. He touched down to join his associates just as they entered.

"Not bad, guys."

Trevor was the last to join them, making sure they were not followed as he removed the bag of of his back, holding it up victoriously.

"Gonna be eatin' good tonight!"

Cameron removed the old jacket that he had worn, looking down to it for a moment to recall all o the times he had worn it in the past, before tossing it to the ground and producing the new jacket, a black faux-leather jacket with a cloth hood attached. He placed the jacket puling his hood up over his head. He tore a piece of cloth from his older jacket, tying it around his face like a bandanna before pulling it down around his neck. He quietly turned back to the group.....to find them all looking humorously at him.

"Dude....you're totally a ninja."

At Rosa's comment, Cameron frowned slightly, furrowing his eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 am

Kim couldn't help but grin at the ninja comment, but made none of her own, opting for silence. Instead she simply glanced around the alley, taking in the sights and doing her best to remember it for the future. It wasn't an amazing view by any means, but it was new and unlikely that she would see it again soon, so Kim did her best to make sure it stayed in her memory. Besides, it could be a good setting for a game someday.  She didn't think she'd ever had one take place it a city before. That could be fun. Maybe she could drag the others into it too...

Probably not, but it was nice to imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:27 am

The laughing continued between the group for a few more seconds, even Cam couldn't help giving a chuckle. As they settled down, Sherrie puckered her lips and scrunched them to the side in thought.

"So...should we bail out of here, now?"

Trevor nodded, though his face reflected more confusion than satisfaction with their seamless "job". His sister did not let that go unnoticed.

"You alright, Trev?"

"What's their game?"

Trevor looked around.

"They wanted us here, to take this stuff, but they haven't made a peep, not even an attempted to get us caught."

"Shouldn't that be considered good?"

"It should be....considered."

He motioned with his head out of the alley and took up his bag as the others followed behind him. It was a solid twenty minutes of walking before the first sounds of the crowd were heard, dozens of voices coming together. A single one stood louder, distinguished by the sound of electrical interference.

A microphone.

Sherrie's ears perked up, enough for Rosa to notice.

"Don't even think about it."

"What?"

"We're not checking it out."

"But I'm just...."

"Sherrie.....we're not checking it out."

"We're going to check it out."

Trevor cut in himself.

"From a distance, but if I'm right, the sound is...."

The whisper of the one called Orochi cut Trevor off as Cameron entered his own hat into the fray.

"In the way of our exit."

"Wait, exit? Aren't we in a city that we can exit out of....you know....everywhere?"

"We're heading east.....only one way east."

The group silently stared at each other in agreement. Within moments they had arrived to the source of the voices, a rally set before a stage where a dozen or so men in suits sat, one of them stood behind a podium.....and next to him a massive object was placed, covered by a tarp.

"Oh yeah, this isn't going to go badly at all", said Sherrie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:58 am

"I mean, it shouldn't be bad so long as we stay here and don't draw attention to ourselves." Kim spoke up, somehow miraculously keeping her voice on the quiet side. "Gotta wonder what this is all about, though. Whatever's under that tarp is massive! Kinda silly keeping it under a tarp, though. I mean, I'm guessing the people are all there for a reason, and the reason is what's under the tarp, so they probably know what it is and there really isn't much point to hiding it, is there? Well, I guess they may not know what it looks like, exactly, so maybe they're going for an element of surprise there, but really? If they have the general gist of it, I don't see too much of a point. And a tarp's just kind of tacky, isn't it? It's the cliche 'look at my new invention' sort of thing you always see in movies. Which, admittedly, more often than not is some sort of evil scientist's invention. Hopefully it's not in this case, but again, we should be fine here so long as we stay hidden and quiet. Whiiiiiiiich means I should probably stop talking. Oops. Sorry."

She shot the group a apologetic grin as she shut up, and then turned her attention back to the stage. She was curious as to what was going on, and wanted to see what was under the cliche tarp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:25 am

"Making fun of the dude with the big tarped thing.....nice move, kiddo", Trevor said.

The man behind the podium adjusted his tie, leaning closer to the microphone on the podium. He pushed his glasses up, the gleam on the silver match the gray tone of his goatee and hair.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Bolivar Trask, CEO of Trask Industries."

The man identified as Trask continued to address the crowd, but to the ears of Trevor, Sherrie, and Cameron, there was no need to hear any more. Trevor turned to his sister in the ever famous, "you've got to be kidding me" face. Sherrie could only mouth the words, "I'm sorry".

"We need to move", whispered Cameron.

"What's happening?" asked Rosa, trying to grasp the situation.

"That's Bolivar Trask......of Trask Industries.....you don't know what Trask Industries makes?"

Rosa had no reaction. Cameron leaned in closer.

"Sentinels."

"Oh shi-"

"Quiet!" snipped Trevor in a louder whisper.

"Everyone just back up nice and easy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:41 am

Kim bit her lip and did as told, backing away step by careful step from the man and whatever was under the tarp, mentally cursing her big mouth all the while. She just had to mention evil scientists, didn't she? Just had to go and jinx it all? Really though, of all the things to stumble across while they were trying to exit the city, they came across something like this? Something from a man who created SENTINELS? What were the odds of that happening?

Unless, of course, this was somehow the intention of whoever had stolen their food.

There was no way for Kim to share the possibility with the others, so she tucked the thought away for later and concentrated on what she was doing. The last thing she wanted to do was somehow bring attention to herself and the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:30 am

"While the Sentinel program has produced outstanding results, the size and bulk of the Sentinel makes it just as much of a threat to you, the citizens of america, as the mutant disease that has infected our home towns."

The applause of the crowd seemed to clue the group in that this audience was on his side.

"Trask Industries and the Mutant Response Division are entities born for one purpose: to protect you, the people. To do so, we've taken to task the challenge of keeping the streets of which our larger Sentinels cannot completely safely travel, and create a new solution to the fight to protect humanity from the ever-growing mutant onslaught. Ladies and Gentlemen, under this tarp is that very solution. I present to you....the Sentinel Prowler!"

The applause picked up again as two other men in suits removed the tarp from the hulking object, revealing a mechanized nightmare that could only be described as scorpion-like and the size of a small bus. It stood on four metallic legs, two arms extended outward, the left holding a shredding claw, the right a cannon. Mounted on the back, a tail that curved upwards, two more canons mounted on the end. The awe of the crowd was audible.

The fear in Trevor's mind was not.

"The Sentinel Prowler is our new urban attack vehicle, equipped with weaponry similar to that of their generation one siblings, as well as a new sensor able to pick up the presence of the X-Gene through pheromone detection, allowing the Prowler to pick out a mutant even in..."

As if on cue, the yellow lights and eyes across the purple scorpion ignited, the machine rising up on the stage, turning to face the crowd.

"....a crowd."

The Prowler stomped a step closer, the weight splintering the wood of the stage as the crowd stepped back, a gasp running through them as the energy of one of the canons charged, firing into the crowd! A young man was caught in the blast, launched to the ground in a smoking state!

"Holy...move, move!" yelled Trevor, the group's slow creep turning into a full-scale retreat! Trask barked a few orders at the Prowler, but it seemed to not care as it waded into the crowd further, slamming it's claw down on a women, insect wings sprouting out from her jacket as she landed. It scouted the crowd, looking for further traces of the X-Gene....

And found it in a group of five mutants fleeing the scene.....

The Prowler turned, pursuing the band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:11 am

Kim had the urge to stay behind, to help the others being attacked by the giant robot, but she resisted it. Much as she wanted to help, the damage was done and there really wasn't any way for her to effect the aftermath. So she turned on her heel and fled with the others, running away as fast as she was able.

Still, it left an awful taste it her mouth.

The taste abated some when the Sentinel started chasing after her and the others, but it left a sort of panic in its wake. While she would probably be fine if she were caught, or at least better off, if the others got caught they would surely get hurt. Kim didn't want that. She didn't want that at all, and thought of their harm more than anything filled her with fear and adrenaline. It was weird, to have adrenaline but no change, but at least it helped her keep up with the others.

"What should we do?" Kim called out as she risked a glance behind her. The Prowler was right on their tail, maybe even gaining. It was hard to tell. "I don't think we're gonna lose it like this!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 am

"Gimme a second!" yelled Trevor, the constant voices coming at him from all sides ruining his concentration. He darted eyes around, before a light bulb seemed to go off in his head. He called ahead to the girl with the red streak in her hair, the athlete just ahead of the group.

"Arsenal!" he called, "The road! Use it!"

Rosa turned back, locking eyes with Trevor to confirm the game plan, before turning and stopping on her heels as the others ran by her! She placed her palms upon the tar sending a pulse through the asphalt just under the legs of the Prowler. The road bubbled, just like a liquid, and the stomping legs of the prowler sunk into the road like quick sand. Rosa removed her hands, watching as the road solidified.

"Gotcha."

The prowler struggled for a moment, it's machinations confused by this strange new happening. That is, for a moment, before a powerful push smashed through the road, digging up the Prowler as if it was never trapped to begin with!

"Oh...."

Rosa turned to run again, laying her palm upon the wall of a building next to her. The wall warped, jutting out in a massive spike aiming at the head of the machine! The Prowler, as if able to predict the action, leaped into the air with shocking agility for its size, clearing the attempted to spear it!

"Ah come on!" Trevor threw his hands up in irritation before his face froze in disappointing realization.

"Oh I'm a damn idiot.....Glitch!"

He turned to face his sister.

"It's a machine! Do your thing!"

Sherrie nodded, stopping herself this time and throwing her hands out in the direction of the Prowler. She sent everything she could into the Prowler. The machine creaked to a halt, attempting to push forward but shuttering in-place.  A bead of sweat rolled down Sherrie's head, then another!

"It's putting out too much force! I can't.....hold it much longer!"

Without warning, the shadow that was Cam launched past Sherrie, leaping to the wall at her left and launching himself up in a backflip over the Prowler!

"Arsenal!"

Rosa wasted no time, placing her hand on the wall herself. From the build shot two small forms, daggers created from the brick and steel within. Cam caught these in mid-air, arching himself to the perfect angle to throw the knives at the cannons on the Prowler's tail! 

Sherrie fell to her knees, her chest heaving as her ability to maintain her grip on the Prowler finally gave out....just in time for the machine to swing it's claw, swatting Cam's knives away before they could make contact! Trevor charged back, helping his sister up into a piggy back before taking off, Cam and Rosa right behind them as the Prowler again began it's pursuit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:25 am

Kim grit her teeth and started running again, following behind the rest of her companions. It was frustrating beyond belief, not being able to do anything to help when everyone else was fighting the Prowler, but her powers wouldn't be of much use in this situation. The only thing that she could think to do was to stay behind and try to stall the machine, to give the others time to get far away, but Kim doubted that would work out all all. While she wouldn't be hurt, it wasn't at all likely that she could keep the Sentinel in one place. It'd just fight her on the go, so all she could do was to go herself, to run and follow the rest of the mutant band and hope that they could lose the monstrous contraption.

But she didn't like it one bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:27 am

As these things tend to do, fatigue began to set in upon the rest of the group that were not running on adrenaline their bodies produced. Every breath was like fire, their knees burning just the same. Yet, the Prowler continued to chase them. Unrelenting, unwavering, undeterred from the sole purpose it was brought into existence to do: destroying and detaining mutant kind.

Trevor could no longer go forward, crashing down on one knee with the weight of his body and his sister's. His knee bent in, the glands within giving out for a moment before inflating once more. 

"Orochi!" called Rosa, capturing the attention of the "ninja", who leaped back to defend the group. Rosa placed her hands upon the ground, the street beneath the Prowler rocketing up in spikes that could not pierce the hull of the Prowler, but succeeded in lifting it up off of it's feet! Rosa then turned her attention to Cam, producing two more knives from the ground!

Cam caught the blades, throwing them at the sentinel in a steady stream, each knife tossed replaced by a new one produced by Arsenal! The blades clanged against the hull, scratching and shaving away bits of metal but failing to do any significant damage! Still, Cam kept up the attack, his body aching but the need to survive....to protect, kept him going.

That same need seemed to annoy the machine. As if it had had enough of the attack, the Prowler slammed it's claw into the pillars, crushing them and landing back on it's feet, stomping forward! 

Gripping two last knives in his hands, Cam couched down and slowly stepped back, blocking off the path between himself and the Harris siblings. Rosa, sensing his actions, produced from the ground a large mallet of concrete and gravel, creeping back the same for a battle she was positive they would not win.

The Prowler grew closer, cannons trained now upon the group of mutants. They fired up with a burning yellow light, the heat of the plasma felt even from where the merry band stood their ground. It rose up, training the blasts upon the mutants, and within a single moment, the Prowler.....

BOOM!

Erupted in an explosion, streaks of magenta light lancing into the cannons and blasting what was once thought as indestructible into shreds of shimmering wasting upon the ground. The Prowler recoiled back as two more magenta projectiles crashed into it's body, blowing more chunks from the sentinel!

A shadow whipped by the band, flipping into the air with grace. The figure gripped the pole it held with both hands, the steel glimmering with a similar magenta, before slamming it into the Sentinel, the force produced like a thunderous shockwave that bent the machine in, crushing it's head and reducing the once relentless assault machine into a mound of scrap upon the sidewalk. The figure rose up within the smoke of the wreckage, dusting himself off and adjusting the leather trench coat around his body. 

"Well t'is is suh-in' I did not see comin'."

He turned his attention to the group, who would not let down their guard, still confused by the whole mess.

"Y'all alright?"

Cam turned a glance down to Trevor, who looked the stranger over. He didn't want to respond....but this man had saved their lives....

"Y-yeah....thanks."

"De rien...."

Trevor set his sister down lightly, who was catching her breath still, and took to his own two feet.

"Who....who a-are you?"

"Me?"

The man turned, placing his staff onto his shoulder as he walked from the smoke.

"My close friends call me Remy LeBeau......but everyone else....."

As he stepped into the clearing, fiery red eyes glanced out onto the group, but a charismatic grin could only attract the mind to wonder in his presence. With a quick movement of his head, his brown hair removed itself from his face.

"Call me Gambit.....y'all can forget that first name for right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 am

"That was so cool!" Kim said, beaming at the new arrival as she caught her breath. "You just threw some stuff at the robot and it lit up like a firework! And then you just crushed it with one blow! Man, awesome! Thanks for the help, Gambit, and nice to meet you. Though, it probably would have been better under different circumstances, huh?"

She glanced over at the remains of the Prowler, taking stock of what she saw. Even though the newly introduced mutant had only hit it four times, the machine seemed to be pretty much decimated, smoking and crushed to pieces. If it were able to get up, it wouldn't be doing it soon, and it would be doing it for very long. And it hadn't taken long to get to that state. Gambit had thrown only three objects that glowed pink, she hadn't seen what, and they had exploded upon contact with the Sentinel. Then he had hit it with his staff, and the machine had crumpled like tin foil. She would have guessed the mutant's gift had to do with explosions if it wasn't for that last blow. There'd just been a lot of...force? Maybe his gift had something to do with force? Kim decided she'd ask when she had more of her breath back, if she got the chance to. Either way, the guy was very powerful, and very cool, and she was very happy he'd come along when he had.

What she wasn't so happy about was her own role in the fight. That is to say, her complete and utter lack of it. Her gift was one of defense, not offense, but there had to have been something she could have done, something she could do in the future if it ever came up again. Still, no matter how hard she thought, she couldn't come up with anything, then or now. She could make claws that could easily pierce wood, but would they work against metal? Her enhanced strength was enough to punch though brick (indirectly, even, her mom had NOT been happy about that), but could it break steel? Kim didn't think so.

But she was nothing if not creative, and she would find a way to change that.

She would.

Kim smiled a little wider and focused back on what was happening in the present.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of the Atom - X-Men   

Back to top Go down

Children of the Atom - X-Men
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next