Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimly

PostSubject: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 am

Iroha wasn't sure how she was feeling.

(That was a lie. She knew exactly how she was feeling and didn't want to think about it.)

No matter who she'd asked, no matter how hard she'd thought, she couldn't determine a reason. She had been endlessly praised for how she'd handled herself during the war. She'd done her part as any shinobi when the Kyuubi had attacked. She took missions to clean up the aftermath and volunteered for the same between them. Even her mother had acknowledged her efforts and deeds as a ninja!

(That was a lie. Her mother had put on her matron smile and said "How nice!", as always.)

Iroha had done everything, and done everything well. More than well. So why?

Why had she been demoted to genin?

Sure, promoting her in the first place to special jonin was a little extreme. More than a little. Field promotions were fickle things, and hers had been under wild circumstances even considering. Iroha hadn't truly believed she would keep the rank after the war. Yet the war passed, and the Kyuubi attacked, and only now, a month later, the Third Hokage himself told her she was being demoted not to chunin, which would be expected, but genin.

No one could give her a reason, and it wasn't exactly like she could go to the Hokage himself and demand an answer. He was the Hokage, for one, and busy building up the remains of the village, still in massive disrepair even with a whole month past. Iroha wanted to, though. She wanted to storm in there an demand an explanation, an answer for why all the blood and sweat and tears had been for nothing. Iroha wanted to so badly.

(That was a lie. Iroha was terrified of the answer she'd hear, if there even was any at all.)

But now here she was, waiting on the Academy rooftop as designated for her new teammates and sensei, and it was finally approaching the time for their meeting.

...Maybe showing up three hours early had been a little excessive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:44 am

"Uhhhh ... hi."

While not much above a whisper, a voice broke the silence upon that rooftop after a large portion of those three hours had past. It could've been a bird or a small rodent, but if one were to investigate, they would find the timid voice to belong to a boy with red hair.

In truth, he had been standing there for minutes before actually speaking up. Why? Who knows, but either way he had pulled off the bandage and said ... something. This wasn't really his jam. Studying alone? Sure thing. Listening to music ... alone? Even better. It wasn't to say that Kazz was an outcast, per say. Nobody in the village hated him or thought ill of him, at least as far as he knew. He just found most people ... exhausting.

Why he wanted to be a ninja was beyond him, but there was always hope for solo missions when this was done, right?

"Am, I, uhhh ... early?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Kidney, jugular, femoral artery, stomach and heart all easily accessible. Armed but not heavily. No immediate reinforcements. Distracted. Unprepared. Minimal casualty victory best achieved by-

Iroha jerked, then flailed, then nearly toppled over the edge of their rooftop when the mouse of a man showed up. Or, spoke up after minutes of silence. How had she not noticed he was there? "Geez, don't sneak up on people like that! You're gonna get stabbed!"

She meant it as a joke. It wasn't like she had been reaching for her kunai before sense and surprise caught up with her.

(That was a lie.)

Resettling herself on the roof, Iroha gave the shinobi an up-glancing side eye. "So, who are you? One of the members for this new genin team?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:23 pm

"That'd be right, yeah."

Kazz strolled over to and past Iroha. Through his nearly dead-pan stare, he ran his own analytics over her as she did him. While his brain processed like a computer in an almost mechanical way, the results of said computation produced only two outcomes: She was about to try and kill him, and if she was this jumpy, she would need a lot more training.

The boy dressed in mostly blue, his vest blending with shades of red and white, walked completely past his fellow ninja, running over scenario after scenario of how they had ended up on that rooftop together, before turning ... and sitting down. He said nothing more; not an introduction or any fragment of small talk.

He just sat.

And waited.

And hummed a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Well.

This was awkward.

Iroha frowned, tapping on her knee with one finger as she considered this new person. Another genin, obviously, and not one she knew, not that it was any surprise. Her social circle was pretty small, and only smaller now what with...recent events. Point being, she didn't know his name, and he didn't offer it. Should she ask him? The humming seemed a pretty clear indicator that he was in his own world, and breaking the almost-silence would probably be pretty awkward. More than it was already.

Well, not like it could be worse than almost pulling a kunai on him.

Not that she'd done that.

"So, do you have a name or what?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:12 am

"Yes."

The humming continued.

It continued for far too long, with a few finger taps on the ground for good measure. It wasn't for another passing moment before Kazz's eyes flickered in recognition.

"Right. You wanted specifics."

He grinned in a way that would get one guessing whether or not he had practiced it in the mirror.

"I'm Kazz. Nice to meet you and ... stuff."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:36 am

"And stuff." Iroha agreed, nodding. "I'm Iroha."

And then the silence was awkward again.

"You're not late, by the way." She added, desperate to keep from quiet. "We're both still a little bit early. Well, I was super early, but yeah. Our other teammate and sensei aren't here yet."

Obviously. That was obvious, Iroha. Gosh darnit.

"So, nice...weather we're having?"

There was no saving this conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 am

"Speaking about to weather to continue the small talk? Nice choice. I tend to bring up books or food. People like to talk about that."

Nodding as if he was discussing strategies, Kazz gave Iroha a small clap. It was a true compliment, you know? He had to acknowledge good form when he saw it, especially in a new team mate.

"I don't think I know who our sensei is. I don't like that. Not knowing. Not a fan."

He shrugged.

"But what are you gonna do, right? Yeah."

More awkward finger tapping.

"So, anyway, what's your favorite kill move?"

Nothing like perfect small talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:30 am

"Favorite kill move?" Iroha asked, because huh.

She'd never thought of that.

She could definitely talk shop though.

"I like most anything that can get them dead really, really fast." Iroha admitted, pulling a hand through her hair as she thought. Carefully. "I don't wanna give them time to react, you know? No time to get away, to counter, to call reinforces or anything."

(To scream, to cry, to beg, to pray-)

"If I had to pick one thing...rather than a move, it's a tool. Ninja wire is super underappreciated, and it's so dang useful. If you can get someone chasing you and set it up right, it can cut their head clean off, like shloop. It makes things way easier if you're supposed to identify and return the body too. I've gotten a lot of returns out of that sort of thing."

Iroha smiled in Kazz's direction, marginally more calmed. "So what about you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:36 am

"I actually enjoy the wire, yeah."

Kazz perked up. Such a strange and macabre conversation, but it was nice to know the girl could speak with more experience than she seemed to have on the surface. He would have to note that for later use.

"My favorite technique involves it, actually. Not the main player, but it's fun. I blend it with a few jutsu."

He paused, thinking.

"I can also do this."

He aimed a hand out, shaping it casually into the form of a "gun", the handsign of kids playing cowboy and creepy guys at parties everywhere. It seemed calm, until a small trickle of water creeped up his hand from seemingly nowhere, forming at the tip of the finger.

"Not many expect the water gun."

He chuckled, and shook out his hand, the water dripping normally to the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:58 am

A surprised, delighted laugh escaped Iroha at his party trick, who quickly lifted her hands to cover her mouth. Not that it did much to hide her mirth. "I can just imagine their faces when you do that! I bet they're so surprised. And then they have to blink or wipe the water off and it can give you an opening!"

It was really a pity she couldn't do much of anything like that with fire. Her element was more...all or nothing. She'd yet to find any fire jutsu with any sort of subtlety. It was definitely something she was going to have to focus more on now. There had to be something to compliment her style somewhere. But would it be in the library or would she have to seek someone out? Maybe her mom would know.

...Maybe she wouldn't go looking for it after all.

"Oh, unless it's like a proper bullet jutsu?" Iroha realized aloud. Elemental bullet jutsu usually came out of one's mouth, so far as she was aware, but maybe the jutsu wasn't different even though it formed along his finger. "But that's still really useful I bet. With no handsigns and small as it is, it must really come in handy in a pinch."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 am

Tapping his chin, Kazz thought long and hard.

"I don't think I'm going to tell you."

That grin returned. Heck, it might've actually been bigger than it was before!

"We can find out if it's a proper bullet or not when the time comes, can't we? Yeah, I think so. That's a cool idea."

He rubbed his hands together.

"I do love a good mystery."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:23 am

"Ahh...Sorry, am I late?"

Sayuri didn't expect herself to be the last of the three to be at the meeting spot. Maybe she should have left earlier and gotten ahead of the game...Regardless, what's done is done, and she can't exactly turn back time to fit her own needs. She stood in front of the Academy door, looking up at the two other genin in front of her. Already, she recognized Kazz. Her classmates would always talk about how great he was during her time in the academy, though she couldn't quite recall if he was even in the same class as her.

Her gaze drifted off over to Iroha. Right off the bat, she had a feeling this girl was on a whole different league from herself. It's a bit of instinct and intuition...or maybe it was the look in her eyes and appearance? Maybe the way she was talking to Kazz tipped her off...No, maybe she's just thinking too much into it. The young Uchiha lets out a soft sigh, scratching her cheek a little in dejection. Already, she felt a bit inferior to these two, if only a little.

"So umm...I'm Sayuri. Do you guys know who's supposed to be our sensei?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:16 am

Before Iroha could jump at the new voice (stupid, getting caught up in a conversation while she was supposed to be ready, she was so stupid-), there was another. "Ohoho, I see you've all already gotten here! Well, there might be one more, but who knows when that will be."

Iroha jumped to her feet, battle ready and eyes darting up and about to see their new sensei-

"Down here dearie."

She looked down.

...Was this lady even two feet tall?

If a walnut could be a person, and have hair, it would be this woman. Wrinkled and sun-baked to the point where she might have had Land of Lightning heritage, she smiled up at her presumable students with all the fondness a grandmother might for her grandchildren. Between all of that and her elaborate (if tiny) kimono, Iroha would have pegged her for an upper-class civilian.

But she wouldn't be up on this rooftop if she wasn't a ninja, and their sensei.

"It's so good to meet you all. I've been looking forward to this all day. Women my age have so few interesting things to do, you know. Ohohohoho!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:17 am

"You're very prepared."

Kazz spoke up in calm, albeit far too casual tone as the sensei arrived. She was small, yes. She was old. She seemed at ease, but there was no fooling the eyes of the genin. His observation was the most well-honed weapon in his arsenal.

This woman had control of the situation. She was so much better than they were.

He gave a respectful bow, and even gave a grin as he returned to his upright position.

"I've also looked forward to this, yeah."

He turned the grin toward Sayuri, noting the third member of his team. There was no mistaking the emblems of her clothing ... and the fact that he also knew who she was prior.

Uchiha ... fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:27 am

Sayuri couldn't help but sigh. What was with shinobis and their obsession with being on top of roofs? Not like it was a hard feat to do, just annoying. Focusing the chakra to her feet, she jumped up and ran her way up to the others. What she lacked in Ninjutsus and other attributes for a shinobi, she's at least pretty good with controlling her chakra...so long as she wasn't in battle, that is.

"It's nice to meet you, Sensei." She said with a respective bow. Truth be told, she was trying hard not to call her 'old lady' out of habit. There were quite a few elders in the Uchiha clan, and everyone was casual enough to not be bothered by a phrase like that. Since she hardly knew anyone in the group, especially their teacher, it was best not to accidentally say something to put a target on her head.

After all, old people can be scarier than enemy ninjas.

"Ermm...one more? I thought that our starting teams would only consist of three genins and a jounin sensei."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:57 am

"That's how it is for usual teams, dearie, but as you might have guessed this won't be your usual team. Besides, it's not a guarantee it'll happen at all."

Catching the other two doing it, Iroha hastily bowed to their sensei as the woman hopped up to sit on the rooftop railing. "What do you mean, miss...?"

"Oh just call me Granny, dearie," she answered, waving a hand dismissively. "And an old crone like me, a disgraced child of war at war with herself, a prodigy without an ounce of common sense or social skills to speak of, and what might be the only member of the Uchiha Clan without the drive to be a ninja? We're a strange bunch, no doubt about that."

Iroha's heart sank as she straightened up. "We're the leftovers, aren't we?"

Too promising to ship off to the Genin Corps, too much trouble to hone individually...it made sense, really, except for the way she didn't want it to.

Sensei (Granny?) scoffed. "Pish posh. We're all odd ducks here, but we're people, not tools. Call that my first lesson as your sensei; if you walk away from this team having learned anything, I hope it's that. Now enough with this dreary talk. Tell me about yourselves! I read your files but dusty old papers are no match for the source. Ohohohoho!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:10 am

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh. I use water ju-, no, you read my file. I scored high on m- no. Uhhhhhhh."

Kazz scratched his chin as he cycled from topic to topic, always reverting back to the subject of training to be a shinobi. He had to have more to his life than this, right? He just had to, but he couldn't seem to place a finger on it.

"I guess .... I enjoy the color blue? Yeah, that works."

Small victories can sometimes be the best kind of victories. It was that small victory that sprung the grin back across Kazz's face.

"Oh, and I'm reading a few books right now! Three actually ... simultaneously. Yeah."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 am

"Hey!" She snapped at that comment a little more than she should have. "It's not that I don't have motivation...I take things at my own pace, thank you very much." Sayuri crossed her arms, regretting a bit to being polite to this old lady. "Besides...I'm sure I'd be able to surprise you once I've gotten some experience under my belt."

Speaking of experience, the old lady mentioned something about Iroha being a child of war. To think someone younger than her had already experience battles first hand...though she couldn't be too sure. At the very least, she definitely had the look and sense of someone whose seen and done things that people her age wouldn't be experiencing for a long time...that is, if they're not forcibly dragged into the fray.

"Either way, there's...not a lot else to say. I get mediocre marks in class, and my ninja skills are just as average.I learn a lot better and faster if I'm able to see examples or experience them myself. At most, I can only utilize one really strong jutsu, but that's just because everyone else in my clan can do it as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Granny (were they really going to have to call her that?) chuckled, kicking her feet like a child. "Oh, don't be insulted, dearie! That's just what they put on the papers. I'm sure you're a fine kunoichi and Uchiha in your own right, and will only get stronger in time."

Iroha glanced over at Sayuri, thoughtful. The Uchiha Clan were in hot water, recently, due to their collective decision to not join in defending the village during the Kyuubi attack, as well as the fact that their clan complex had been all but untouched by the devastation. Between that and their general standoffish behavior, a small few were whispering that it was they who had unleashed the monster upon Konoha...and the whispers were only getting louder. And it wasn't like her name in hanakotoba meaning hatred and vengeance was ominous at all.

(That was a lie. It was pretty dang ominous.)

Well, Iroha shrugged mentally, better than a Hyuuga, at any rate.

Granny cut through her train of thought with a laugh. "Ohohoho! But I really should have made myself more clear there. I want to know more about you first as people, not as shinobi. Your likes, your dislikes, hobbies, dreams, and anything else of note. But I supposed it's only fair that I go first, hmm? Well, like I said, you can just call me Granny. I like ramen, children, and poetry. I dislike stormy days and dust. My hobbies are reading and writing, baking, and recently baby-sitting, ohoho. My dream right now is to guide you all into the people you want to be. As for anything else of note...you're my first genin team! Please take care of me. Ohohohoho!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 am

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....."

The groan from Kazz trailed on and on as he blankly stared, thinking of what to say. Likes? Hopes and dreams? These were never things ... he ever thought about. Did he really spend so much time in focus and training that he never once took time to think about a goal, hope or dream?

"Well, I like blue ... I said that. I read ... and study ... and train ... and plan ... I can make a decent sandwich, yeah. Yeah."

Disappointed, confused, and maybe just a little bit nervous (a new sensation for him), Kazz scratched his head, hoping to still feel some remnant of a brain in that skull of his.

"I don't like intense flavors, loud noises when there shouldn't be loud noises, and plans not working. Really don't like that one."

He looked to Granny without a real answer.

"I don't think I have a dream .... "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:26 am

She huffs, shaking her head as she had a good idea who wrote that in her papers. There WAS a certain teacher that didn't favor her at all...who may or may not have been a big Uchiha admirer. She shudders at the image of his disapproving glares at her.

."I...uhh..." It just hit her she was in the same situation as Kazz. Taking things in stride, she never really sat down and thought about her wants and needs at all. "Well...I enjoy night times...flowers...animals..." She was saying things that were popping out in her mind...though it was making her sound much more generically girly than need be.

"I hate it when people think they know what's best for you...what you're expected to do and not to do...Making assumptions, both myself and others. Umm...I don't really have any hobbies. I'm always pretty busy taking care of the younger kids and helping with chores back with the clan." She thought for a long time, frowning for a bit.

"I'm...kind of in the same situation. I don't really have a dream...though..." Her gaze got a bit annoyed and deadpanned as she raises her hand. "It'd be nice to stop being mistaken for my brother. Even worse when all they do is get disappointed when the realize."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:45 pm

And then there was one.

"Well, I'm Iroha Aoyama," she began, since besides to Kazz she hadn't actually given anybody her name, even if her sensei'd probably already known it. I like...hot baths, plants, and heights. I don't like rude people or, um, people touching my hair."

(That was a lie. She really liked it, but she was an adult, dangit. Headpats were for children!)

"My hobbies are people-watching and ikebana."

When was the last time she'd done either of those? It felt like so long ago, but it couldn't have been more than two months. Could it?

"My dream is...to join the Hokage Guard Platoon!"

That last one burst out of her with an impressive volume, and Iroha covered her mouth, embarrassed. That was the first time she'd ever said it out loud - heck, that was the first time she had even thought it. But Iroha realized that she did want that, desperately. Before her dream had only been to be a great ninja like her mother, with no thought to the specifics except probably following in her footsteps down the seduction and assassination path. It hadn't mattered, really; she'd just wanted to make her mom proud.

But she'd seen the aftermath of the Kyuubi battle, the Yondaime's body pierced through with a claw as big as her own, and had thought, again, it should have been me.

Iroha didn't want anyone near her to die ever again.

Granny clapped her hands approvingly. "Ohoho! Yes that's much better, dearies! And don't you two worry about not having a dream; that's a thing that often comes with age and experience, in our line of work."

If you live long enough, went unsaid but not unheard. Or maybe that was just Iroha.

"Now, I hate to cut our first meeting short, but I have to go. I'll see you all tomorrow on Training Ground 9 at eleven AM sharp! And make sure not to eat beforehand, dearies, else you'll regret it. Ohohoho!"

And in a poof of smoke, she was gone.

Iroha awkwardly glanced at her teammates.

Now what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:04 am

"But I like eating ..."

Scrunching up his nose, Kazz tapped his chin a few more times as he rummaged around his mind for a reaction to the "eleven am" starting time. Finding nothing, Kazz did what any person would do when left alone with this new team mates: he turned around to leave.

Who needed to form bonds with people, anyway.

"I wonder if I should eat more tonight? Maybe. Yeah. No? Maybe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 am

'Geh...No eating and an 11 AM meeting time?'

The thought of that was making her feel sluggish and tired itself. Then again, it IS something they should get used to...depending on the type of mission they would eventually get in the future, food itself would be limited or weighting the team down and they would have to rely on rations and pellets instead. The idea was still unpleasant, though.

Seeing Kazz starting to leave made her want to leave as well. 'Yuuma's not going to be back for a bit...Meaning I'm stuck babysitting tonight.' She sighs at the thought, meaning she wouldn't get as much time to practice and observe the other Uchihas. Whatever time she had until then was her free time.

"Umm...Any chance you two want to do a bit of sparring or practice?" Sayuri spoke up, raising her hand like she was in a classroom. Regardless of their answers, she was going to practice on her skills anyways. "I don't know what Sensei has in store for us...but maybe it'll be better and safer if we knew what each of the others were capable of." In fruth, she hardly knew of any offensive Jutsus...Just the one that every Uchiha and their children's children would know at some point in their life along with the basic jutsus they've learned during the academy. With Kazz being a genius, it'd be no surprise if he had a few jutsus under his belt, though she wasn't super sure about Iroha since she knew nothing about her. Not good to assume things only to be taken off guard or disappointed.

"I mean...If you guys want to, at least. We can also just...grab a bite to eat together?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   

Back to top Go down

Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Eternity - X Omega :: Roleplaying :: Storylines-
Jump to: