Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 am

"Practice sounds good." Iroha answered, relieved that she wasn't the one who had to break the silence. And such a smart idea too. "I have to make dinner tonight, though, so I won't be able to go out to eat later. Um, unless you wanted to join us...? I mean it won't be anything fancy but food's food, right? Oh, but it'll be really crowded and noisy there because we have even more people than usual, since we're hosting a lot of people whose houses were destroyed. Wait, right, my family runs an onsen. Should have led with that. Yeah."

So much for good first impressions.

"I passed Training Ground 9 on the way here and it was free. Let's go there." She added before taking off, getting far away from the conversation before she could stick her foot any further in her mouth.

When she got there, it was still empty despite having seen it more than three hours earlier. It was a standard training ground; a clearing 50 meters by 30 meters large, surrounded by trees, with three wooden posts to the north end. The ground was flat and grassy, no cover unless you took advantage of the trees or a Doton jutsu. Some areas had access to water via river or lake, or in one specific case a natural hotspring, but this wasn't one of them, so Suiton users wouldn't have an easy time.

It was good to get a layout of the field before battle. Or whatever their sensei was having them do tomorrow.

Iroha started to stretch, calling over her shoulder much more calmly now that she was in her element. "So how do you want to do this? Taijutsu only? Anything goes? Custom rules? Drag someone here and team up against them?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:48 am

Kazz stopped on his heel at the idea of sparring. He was never one to turn down a chance to gather information, and this was exactly that. What better way to plan a strategy than to know the tools you;ll be working with beforehand?

"That ... "

He spun back, a grin on his face.

"Sounds lovely, and as for the food ... I can do anything! Food sounds good no matter were it's from and we can chat about ... things. That's what I think I should say here, at least."

He just left it at that, following his team as they set off for the training grounds.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

It wasn't often Kazz felt uncomfortable in a fight, but this was one of those times. He quite literally wasn't in his element here. It was far too dry, and while he did have his back-up plan, all he could do was breathe a little bit longer with it. He could think of many ways to turn the tide to his favor, but in truth, he wasn't strong enough to act on any of them.

"I'd say we probably shouldn't try to kill each other. Need the whole team, after all. Don't think sensei would be happy either. Yeah ... yeah."

He chuckled as if he didn't just speak of murdering his new associates.

"I will say, though, I don't think I have much of a chance here. Most of my techniques aren't exactly friendly for training ... and I don't see any water, sooo .... yeaaahhh."

The chuckling trickled down into a light, amused sigh.

"I can still try, though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:59 am

She didn't think the both of them would agree so quickly. Their awkward attitude made it seem like they didn't really care about hanging out...good to know she was wrong.

...Though she immediately regret making the suggestion after seeing how wide and open the Training Grounds were.

Sayuri was so used to having trees around her both for protection and cover while relying on her ninja tools, but it looks like she won't be doing any of that here...And she just learned a neat trick with her ninja wire, too. With a half sigh, she shakes her head and looks at the other two. "That...I didn't really think about. Maybe just a Taijutsu fight...? Unless you guys have a new ninjutsus under your belt." No way was she going to tell them she only knew the one.

...and what did Iroha mean dragging a person and teaming up against them? Surely she meant to make it a 2 on 2, not a 3 on 1....right?

"Either that...or maybe we can just kind of...show off each other's current skills in this terrain?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am

Iroha laughed as she finished stretching. She could hear the hesitance in their voices, and it was easy to tell why. "I guess none of us are really proficient in close range combat, then." That...could be a problem if it came down to it, but it was better to know now than later. They could work on it, or come to compensate for it. "In that case, there's not really too much point in showing off what we can do in that area. What can we do instead? Let's see, let's see..."

No close range combat meant taijutsu only was out, obviously. Iroha could do what she suggested and find a higher ranking ninja for them to team up against, but that would take an indeterminate amount of time with no guarantee she could even find one, let alone one who'd be willing. Anything goes was too broad, and custom rules didn't really work when she knew so little about the team as a whole. Sayuri's suggestion of just listing and demonstrating their talents had merit, but words and action only meant so much without being engulfed in the heat of battle. It was a delicate game they were playing.

A game...

She could work with that.

Iroha dug around in her pouch and pulled out a scroll, turning around and tossing it to Sayuri. "Okay, here's what we're gonna do. That scroll contains vital village secrets, and I'm a missing nin trying to steal it. You two have orders to protect the scroll and capture me if possible, repel or kill me if not. The village is this training ground; if I have the scroll and get to the woods, I've escaped. You cannot leave the village. You cannot take the scroll outside the village. You may move the scroll, but you cannot hide it on your person or more than one foot underground. Anyone can surrender at any time, but it cannot be a trap or taken back. Use whatever you think necessary to complete your mission, be they weapons or jutsu."

She'd survived a war. She could survive high-intensity sparring.

"You have five minutes to set traps and discuss strategy. Go."

Iroha briefly flashed the Seal of Confrontation, and then was gone into the woods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:00 am

"Heheheh ... heh ... did she really just tell us to kill her?"

Kazz chuckled awkwardly, though in all truth it took everything in him not to just shoot her in the back as she turned. Easiest solution to the problem, after all, but that wouldn't be very sportsman-like and he figured that was the point of this game.

"Well ... guess we should get ready."

The red-haired boy scratched his chin as he looked over the mostly flat-land battlefield. This wasn't a perfect simulation, as this type of scenario would have more cover or vantage points in real-time. He reached into his pack, pulling out a length of wire which he, to the naked eye, seemed to just let fall in random places as he paced around calmly in a circle. He then placed his hands in his pockets and trotted up to Sayuri. He grinned at her, looking down to the scroll in her hand.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're faster than me."

He wasn't guessing. He knew.

"Would you mind ..." he reached out a hand, touching hers and the scroll "holding onto that? Not to make you bait or anything. She'd just definitely catch me."

His grin only grew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 am

"Whoa!" Sayuri wasn't prepared for her to toss her anything much less making their sparring session a game of sorts. She manages to catch the scroll, watching Iroha running off into the woods before turning back to Kazz and sighing. This was going to be a bit weird, but it'll do for now.

"Probably...but not by much." She said with a shrug. She wouldn't call herself fast...probably average speed for an Uchiha at least. The young girl watches her companion laying down the wire in such a random manner before walking up to her and touching her hand and the scroll. "I guess that's our safest bet...oh, that might be a problem." She digs into her small ninja pack, pulling out two other similar looking scrolls. "This won't do...What luck that they have to look so similar. I'm not sure what kind of scroll she gave me, but best to make sure it doesn't get mixed up with mine." Sayuri pulled out a small inkbrush, drawing a small dot on her two personal scrolls before putting them and the one Iroha gave her into her pack. "There...that way, we won't get the mixed up once this is all done."

The girl stretches a little as it seems five minutes have come and gone. Their teammate should be coming after them at some point. With the way that things stand, she's obviously the big target and wil lneed to rely on Kazz for any assistance. "Well...better get ready." she said as she pulls out her kunai and waits with baited breath. "Where is she...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!   

Back to top Go down

Naruto Style: On-Ko-Chi-Shin!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2