Dark Eternity - X Omega

DXO: Reboot Edition

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 am

Feeling Yuna's white magic healing only a portion of her body and wreaking havoc on her demon half, Zora could only grip onto the ground trying not to cry out in pure pain. The only thing that mattered was that Ima would be alive and fine.

Unfortunately, that wasnt the case.

She could only stare in horror as Yuna's attempt to heal the little alien was all for naught. Nothing seemed to work as she could only punch the ground. Repeatedly.

"DAMN IT!" She shouts as she looks at the girl's unmoving body, ignoring the fact TAkato even spoke. "Raven....God damn it, raven, please tell me you can do something...ANYTHING!!! She can't die....She....." She felt tears forming in her eyes as they fell in despair.

"she's just a kid..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 am

"Ima.."

If Zora looked sad and Raven appeared angry...

Takato looked brokenhearted. His amber eyes were no longer cheery and he stumbled upright towards her body. His small form lightly passed the crying girl and the sound of his knees hitting the floor beside the small girl echoed loudly. A stab of pain cut through him and a feeling of sickness bubbled up in his chest as he studied the responseless features of the poor girl. Slowly he raised a nervously shaking hand to trail a finger over the pale cheeks of the seemingly breathless child. The child that he cared for deeply. Almost like a sister. A daughter. Her smile brightened his days and now, because they couldn't protect her, that smile would no longer be seen by the world. A thought that made his vision almost blur in agony. Small drops of liquid crossed through the air and gently kissed the forehead of Ima. Tears that the blonde Magi couldn't contain.

No...

"She isn't going to."

A metal hand clenched and fingers snapped out; hovering a palm over the girl as he placed his real one upon his own chest. Every single Mage on the planet had something in common (in their own universe anyway); they all had a "Magical Core" deep within their bodies that extended to their objects. Invisible to the physical eye but very real in a sense. Most Scholars and general Magical Studies imagined the core as a sphere around the size of a fist lodged somewhere in their bodies. Magi governed this core through a staff, wand or tool that allowed their mana to pass out in the shape of spells. Basically 'expanding' the core to the weapon itself. For Takato; his core was located inside his metal arm. Meaning that while his "weapon" was more or less a permanently held thing; it allowed for numerous things. As with what he was going to attempt now.

One single finger extended and lightly touched Ima upon her forehead.

"Transfero. Mea Hoc."

His amber eyes flashed;

"Revoke."

It wasn't anything flashy. It just happened. The cut in Ima's throat. The savage wounds the littered her features. The general off-putting pain that her poor form was outputting. Gone. They didn't heal; it was just gone. As if never done in the first place. Wrapped together with a fresh new glow around the girl that could actually be seen. A familiar glow. "Magic.." spoke the Magi as he knelt next to her and continued to stroke at her cheek; "Is an interesting thing. If you have a core; then you can use it. Magic isn't a thing to worship; or communicate with. It's energy. A form of raw...stuff..." he trailed off; chuckling under his breath before he looped his arms under the small figure of the girl. He stood up; carrying her while continuing his explanation. "You could even call it a Dues ex Machina."

Wakka looked like he was about to say something; only to stop.

"I don't have any sort of spell that could fix this. What I do have is my own core. Half of which is now hers."

He lowered his head to gaze down at Ima before looking back at Raven and Zora.

"She isn't normal. So I gave her the equivalent to a biological scan; with a transplant. Her new core is basically reacting as evolution does and is assisting her own system. All while doing what it was designed to do. Recharge." he paused, shrugging, "Magically; I'm about half as strong as I previously was seconds ago...and she has the half. Permanently. Physically; she's got me peeking into how she is structured from blood to brain."

Takato blinked,

"Seven years of my....her mana have just been handed to her. She's stable."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darketernity.forum-motion.com
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 am

Her eyes opened slowly, still half-lidded and tired. Her thoughts were slow and foggy, like they always were after she fell asleep. She couldn't remember why exactly she had fallen asleep to begin with. What had happened?

The memories returned to her gradually. Fighting Kisame, everyone being hurt and scared, her running out of energy...she must have frightened everyone really badly. None of them knew what it meant when she fell asleep. She had never told them, had vainly hoped she would never have to. They must have thought she was dead.

But she was awake now.

Sort of.

"Morning." Ima mumbled sleepily as she snuggled closer to Takato, resting her head against his chest and taking a deep comfort in the steady heartbeat from within.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 am

She couldn't stop the wounded Magi....she wouldn't. As much as she wanted to stop him from doing osmething he would absolutely regret, Zora didn't want the child to die...She has grown too attached to her and she cherished her as if she was a child of her own.

The pulsing of her arm was trying to snap her back to reality...that the child was going to die and she couldn't do a single fucking thing about it. She dug her nails into her right shoulder so deeply that it was actually bleeding. It wouldn't go away...it wouldn't leave her alone even at this darkest time. She felt like she was going to despair until she ehard the alien's small voice.

"Ima...." She looked up, seeing her snugglign up against Takato's chest as she felt her tears falling from her face. Zora couldn't believe it...she was alive. It was as if what Kisame did never happened. Gathering up all her energy, she staggers to her feet, walking over to her and Takato as she looked down. "Thank god...." AS much as she wanted to fall back down and hold onto the small child, she knew that she wouldn't likely get back up. Zora tries to wipe the tears off her face with her left arm as she turned to Raven, knowing he'd be just as relieved as she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 am

The fires that burned in his heart began to subside at the brilliance of a magi's gift. Raven watched in essential awe as he saw the injuries vanish from the child as if they had never existed before, intriguing him just as much as it did overwhelm him with joy. Magic was always a school that he would never understand, but one that he continued to enjoy see work it's wonders. Finally satisfied with the end of the group's suffering, at least for a night, Raven returned his massive sword to the place of honor on his back, allowing it to rest as well.

It had fought well.

His eyes then caught Zora's as she wiped away the tears, a sight he never had expected to see anytime under any circumstance, though the emotions were at a point that even the sternest of faces would crack. For the first time he had seen genuine concern in her, and he instantly put together the value these three found in each other. It made his choice to travel with them far more enjoyable. Raven nodded to Zora, not exactly sure what to say. He had never been the one to comfort those who had experienced a loss or near-loss.

He was usually the one who had taken from them.

He ran a hand through his hair, sort of glad that no one had turned their attention to his sudden transformation during the pandemonium. He had felt like he had experienced a black out, though this had happened a few times before. He had learned that blackouts meant bad things. It meant he was no longer steering the ship.

He hated it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 am

"Well. Glad that worked. Don't seem to have completely lost my magic either; that's a plus."

Takato pondered; seemingly content on holding the small girl as he ran over the thoughts in his head. It wasn't exactly common for a Magi to involve themselves in a full-on Magical Transfer ritual. Usually because a number of reasons that governed it. One being that it was highly rare for a Magi to actually want their magic to become, well, less. Even friends among the community wouldn't think about giving away something that was with them since birth. The second reason however was more serious. In all possibility a Mage could lose their magic by going through such. A flip of the coin of sorts. The amount that the receiver of the new core was random and dependant on their potential. Ima had gotten around 52% to a even %50 of his power. Which while still a sudden a change; was better than him completely losing it all.

His fingers darted along her blonde hair softly; toying with the strands.

"Wakey-wakey, Ima."

Still, he pushed that aside. Telling the others of the ritual would cause more headache and he couldn't be really bothered to explain the mechanics behind it. He was just glad it worked. Now was the time to sort a few things out. "Hey, Raven, think you can go have a look at that sword?" he asked; looking at the man with a slight nod towards where Kisame had once stood. Funnily enough, the weapon that the man was using was still very much there. Wrapped in a white shroud as before and motionless on the floor. Considering how it reacted to both Ima and himself, it wasn't the best idea for either of them to go near it. Maybe a better person would have been Zora, but he had other ideas in mind for the girl. Which would focus on helping the child currently resting in his arms.

"Zora, here."

Takato slowly moved to hand the small girl to the tearful blue haired woman. Even in her fatigue-ridden state holding the little girl wasn't that difficult thanks to her weightless nature and size. Still; that didn't explain why he was doing such in the first place. Especially considering he appeared to be enjoying the snuggles going on. "This might sound weird...but..." here he trailed off, glancing up at the sky before he continued, "...Rest here for a moment. Keep an eye on her for awhile and stay outside. I need to test something which will help her."

Suddenly a pair of voices interrupted them; one being Yuna stepping forward to ask something,

"..M-Maybe resting in the temple would be better?"

It was completely obvious by now that her group was shaken. From Raven's demonic transformation to Takato seemingly resurrecting the dead. Things were a little crazy. No doubt it would come up later; when things were settled.

Takato rapidly shook his head in response, giving a side-glance to the snuggling child,

"No. Trust me. I really, really need to test something. Will you guys be okay, Zora? Raven? You took it worse than I did back there and haven't had time to recharge."

Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:34 am

She managed to wipe away most of her tears, looking at the Magi and the tiny alien as she sighs tiredly. "As nice as that sounds....There's no way I'll be getting back up if I sit back down..." Zora mutters as she looks down at Takato. "I sure as hell won't let THOSE people carry me back...and You and Raven are too beaten up for me to ask."

There was another hidden reason to why she didnt want ot sit next to the tiny girl. Although her arm was already twitching in general, something felt off about it this time rather than just random, painful convulsions. Better not to let them know...they already have a lot of problems without her needing to add into the melting pot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 am

Ima yawned and blinked up tiredly at Takato, then turned her gaze to the others. Though her thoughts still weren't entirely straight, she was happy to see that everyone was relatively okay. Still, that didn't mean she wanted to get up. "Sleepy." The child whined as she turned her face back towards Takato, shifting a tiny bit to get more comfortable. She did not want to move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:23 am

"Y-yeah."

Raven had mustered up enough strength to straighten out his posture and give the blond magi a quick nod. He had been intrigued by the sword the shark man had been wielding, and having the chance to observe the blade had him just as excited as he was concerned. He slouched forward, using what little momentum he could muster by the angle of his body to step slowly over to the weapon. His skin began to crawl as he grew closer, an aura of negativity washing over him that seemed to radiate from the weapon itself. There was something at work here, and Raven didn't know what, but his reserves were all but drained. It would take a night or two of rest and plenty to eat before he'd even be in decent fighting condition. He hoped whatever gave him this feeling would be tame and just sit the fight out. He really hoped he had faced the last thing that had wanted to kill him today.

Raven stopped short of the blade, centered in the earth scorched by the sheer heat of the tower of flames that had been let loose from the Crimson Beast just moments before. Raven's breath was heavy from exhaustion, but grew even more so as he began to register the details of the weapon. It was large, comparable to Raven's own blade in length and much wider, though the wrappings had confused him. From the scales he had scene jut from the white wrappings, it was obvious the strength of the sword was found in the shredding power it held, so why go through all of the trouble to cover them? Raven was confused, never before seeing a weapon like this in his life.

Still, he had made a promise to the fish-thing before they crossed blades: when the fight was over, Raven would take his sword as his own. There was something absolutely wicked about the weapon, but Raven felt compelled to test the might in his own hands. With hesitant hands, Raven reached from the hilt of of Kisame Hoshigaki's weapon left in his wake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:45 am

Takato gently sighed and nodded in understanding; shuffling his arms up until they were wrapped around the small girl completely. The fact that she was snuggling so deeply into his shirt meant that she looked considerably shorter than she actually was; which was impressive considering her already diminutive height. Slowly he stood completely upright and began to move towards the group that Yuna stood in front of. It was interesting to note that he made no move to put the sleeping girl down and instead just let the poor child settle into his warmth as he continued speaking; "Alright, looks like Ima here has decided that a nap would be best. Maybe that would be good for all of us. I assume you're staying at the Temple tonight?"

"Yes, we've decided that it would be best before our trip tomorrow to Luca," explained the multicolored-eye Summoner politely. It was obvious that she was still shaken up. Incredibly so. Only by her raw will alone was she not breaking down into shakes and questions. The only reason that her own companions were not rushing forward was because they looked more or less in the same state. Lulu, the older woman in the revealing dress appeared to be staring at the Magi like a hawk. Wakka, the man with the funky looking orange hair was clenching his teeth. Tidus, the blonde surfer-looking kid appeared...well, a little unshaken and just happy to be alive. The big lion-looking thing? Yeah. One couldn't even describe the emotions going through -that- head.

Takato just blinked. "Luca?"

"Ah! Yes. The Blitzball tournament should be a welcomed event.."

That wasn't what he meant.

Still, that information was better than nothing. Events usually meant big places. Cities. Large cities or at the very least populated ones. He didn't show it; but the Magi was more or less interested in finding out what this place was than any sort of tournament. At the moment they were stuck on a island entirely surrounded by water and were currently at a loss at what to do. Luca sounded like a decent target to head towards. "You'll be taking the boat tomorrow, right?" asked Takato; keeping his voice even and making sure not to wake the snuggling girl. He could hear the cute little murmurs of her as she lazily enjoyed both the protective feeling and his general snuggly-ness all in all. "To Luca?"

Yuna nodded slightly, looking confused.

"Guess we'll see you on there aswell then;" firmly stated Takato, nodding as if he had been going there all along. Now he knew how to get there. Good. Now it was time to rest up. His amber eyes searched the area and noted while it was a bit of a mess thanks to the battle; the courtyard was oddly still intact. He could even see the large stairs leading up to the main piece of the temple looking virtual unharmed. He glanced towards the brief direction that Raven was going and then looked at Zora; twitching his nose as it brushed briefly along the hair of the resting Ima.

"Zora, you want to sleep up at the temple? I'm going to make camp here for the night but I'm sure these guys can drag you up there if you need assistance." he finished; giving a eye-gesture towards the "Guardians"

Wakka suddenly took a step forward, his lips parting as his eyes blinked rapidly. As if processing what he just said.

"I'm all for you resting up, ya? But you can't just camp on holy ground. Besides, I'm sure you can just head up and nap there inside; so whatsa' problem?"

Takato paused; then simply stared.

"No. I'm setting up camp here."

"Whaaa! Look, ah can't ju-"

A eye twitched; words following.

"Ego I, Somnum Nam."

Wakka looked confused at the funny words. Then he looked tired. Then he looked really tired. Whatever he was about to say to the man was broken off into him yawning and lazily rubbing his face; stumbling lightly and causing the blonde surfer-dude to almost catch him. To keep him from falling over. "Man, Wakka! When was the last time you rested? Guess that battle took more out of it than you thought," said Tidus. Steading the man with his hands. In response the orange-haired fellow just nodded and gave another loud yawn; seemingly content in listening. He needed to sleep. Yes. Sleep was good. What was he talking about again?

"As I was saying; I'm camping here tonight," nodded Takato.

Across to the side however; things were still not yet finished for a certain sword. Samehada. The weapon that the fish-man had used in the battle against them. A vile weapon that could shred flesh with ease and seemingly even suck away energy without a problem. Currently the weapon was completely and utterly unresponsive. Gripping the hilt did nothing. It was just sat there. Like it was sleeping. The general feeling of bloodlust that had been there with Kisame had long since departed and now all that remained was a curious thing indeed. A sword. Just a sword. There were many things one could do with a weapon that could suck energy; even if they didn't want to use it. Even studying it alone could perhaps could grant them knowledge. For now however it was just a sword. Unresponsive, but still very deadly.
Back to top Go down
Zora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Zora sighs, seeing that nothing else was going to cause problems in their already tired state. She couldn't help but watch as the tiny little alien was sleeping away in Takato's arms...why did she have to be so god damn adorable? Unfortunately, her thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of her arm twitching and moving slightly, causing her eyes to widen a bit as she turns her body so that her arm was a bit hidden from them.

"I...I'm fine...." she grumbles, not liking the thought of camping anywher eNEAR this area, especially if it meant sleeping near those group of idiots. "Im....gonna try to head back actually. I swear if I try to stay within 100 feet or so of that 'summoner'..." she glares at Yuna for a moment. '...I'm gonna have to smack a bitch...I-I'll be fine." She could feel her right fingers curling up slightly every now and then, gripping her fingers into her shoulder even more as she grits her teeth. She had to get away from them before it got worse.

"A-Anyways....if there's nothing else for me to do...I want to at least get down the stairs before it gets too late..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Ima heard the words that her friends were speaking, but she had trouble putting meaning to them. She was just too tired. She wasn't about to fall back asleep, of course. She couldn't, now. But she was still low on energy, and it would be quite a while until she was back to her usual peppy self. For now, though, she was content to stay snuggled in Takato's embrace, warm and safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 am

"Temple.......doesn't sound too bad, actually."

Raven was tired. Very tired. His sword weighed down like it never had done before, added with the weight of the shark man's blade and it felt as if Raven was carrying the entire world on his shoulders. He rolled his neck, stretching out the stiff muscles that wouldn't let loose, even with the stretch. What a pain, man.

"I'm heading back to my room. I'll take this thing with me, keep an eye on it. Not sure if sleep's really an option after.....that."

Raven tossed a quick, almost embarrassed glance to the summoner before doing the same to his magi traveling partner. They had seen something Raven had preferred they hadn't. Something he knew wouldn't leave him in a night. He would polish his sword, clean his guns, anything to avoid going into that dream world earlier than he planned and confront the thing within.

"If you need me, you know where I am."

With that, the huntsman made his leave, stepping with a light limp off toward his resting quarters. As long as another fight waited until another day or so, he would be fine. Both parties seemed to be heading toward the same place, so that problem was solved for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Thu May 14, 2015 4:22 am

Night passed swiftly. The camp-site that Takato held up in with Ima and Zora (whom he flat out convinced - wasn't exactly safe to wander back through the forest alone after all) was simple, silent and rather boring. Stars were watched, yet only the blonde male was awake during those times. The little girl was fast asleep and her blue haired friend joined her with no problems. He however was restless and, whenever Ima wasn't snuggling into his chest, frequently attempted to read a number of books that he had on hand. Or in sub-space. Whichever he could actually reach without succumbing to the adorable, adorable cuteness. Shut up, he wasn't used to such things and the Magi would deny everything if it came down to it. Stumbling thoughts aside, morning came faster than expected and thankfully so had his sleep.

The business at the temple was dealt with and upon awakening they all set off back to Kilika as one. Forest monsters were no problem and travelling with the "Guardians and their Summoner" just made things easier. Everyone was noticeably groggy, out-of-it and flat out tried. There was very little talking and discussion as they walked back to Kilika, their next goal in mind. It was obvious that Takato had something to discuss with everyone once they reached the once-harbor town, but nobody was exactly in the mood to bother him about such things until they were actually there. Yuna, however, was painfully silent. For a girl who appeared to have a keen interest in them this was alarmingly unusual. It was only until the moment they reached the town that her 'reason' came to light.

"I....want you to be my guardian."

The stunned silence that passed over the groups was unnerving.

"Me?"

Takato pointed to his face and stared directly at Yuna with dumbstruck stare. You could practically see Wakka twitching in the background, Tidus looking "even more dumb" and Lulu arching her lips in a twisted, sour look. The Summoner spoke with a clear tone and coughed briefly, standing her back straight upwards in an attempt to look composed; confident even. It was easy to see that Yuna was a little nervous or unsettled however. Her fingers toyed together with each hand and her eyes darted to one side as she continued, wetting her lips before her gaze passed elsewhere in the group behind him.

".....and her..."

She was looking at Ima.

There gasps that followed from nearby townsfolk (and Wakka) could have stung ears.

"...She's only younge.."

"..Why would Lady Yuna ask that of her..?"

"...I heard that she.."

".....at the temple..."

One could take a clear guess why she didn't ask Raven and Zora.

Yet, why ask for Ima?

Takato crossed his arms and stared at her. Yuna gazed back at him....and broke..

"She's...your daughter, right? I wouldn't make you separate from her. I'm sorry, but your hair and eyes.....ah, am...I mistaken?"

He felt a migraine coming on.

"We'll discuss this, and more, on the boat. Everyone agree to board to Luca for now? Guys?" asked Takato, glancing over his shoulder. He gestured towards the ship in question. He was no doubt asking this to make sure that they agreed to head to this 'Luca' place and that they were okay enough to actually, you know, travel. For a guy that looked like he got put through a meat-grinder the day before, he seemed oddly enthusiastic to continue their journey. As if woken up from a year-long sleep.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 pm

"Please...can we get going before I decide to rip off someone's head? Preferably hers?"

After the events that happened in front of Kilika temple with the giant Cerberus, Zora was right to be rather sour and hostile. However, she wound seem more than that from how she looked when she woke up. Her arm was still the same: black and scarred all over. The black color, however, extended past her shoulder and essentially engulfed her right half of her face, even turning the white part of her eye was blackened from this strange occurrence. Of course, all the townsfolk and even the summoner and her group of guardians were shocked, worried, and terrified of Zora even more than ever.

She crossed her arms, glaring at the young summoner. "If Takato ends up saying yes, I dont mind traveling with you guys...however..." she points her right demonic arm towards Yuna, only about a foot or two away from outright attacking the poor girl. "If you ever put those two in a situation like what happened at that stupid temple, I won't hesitate to kill you on sight. Hell...I think I would have done something right now if I wasn't so damn drained..."

Zora finally backs off and heads towards the boat, ignoring any looks or words that her protective guardians would cast on her. She passes by Raven, looking up at him for a moment before motioning her head towards the boat. "After we set sail...I need a favor. Until then, I need to relax a bit more..." she said before going onto the boat and awaiting the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Fri May 15, 2015 12:00 am

A thousand-yards was a small distance compared to the stare that came from Raven. The silver-haired swordsman had drifted off long before they had left Kilika temple and had remained in dreamland since. While partially hidden under the folds of his deep red leather coat, his guns shimmered like precious stones in the sunlight. He had polished them so many times, especially when compared to the dark bags forming under his eyes. He hadn't slept, not since he had left for his quarters at the temple. Every time he closed his eyes, he was afraid.

Afraid he wouldn't be the one to open them again.

When Zora spoke, it took one or two words before Raven's eyes scurried and found her, snapping back to reality. So what it was worth, this probably wasn't the first time someone had spoken to him on the trek back to town, but it was the first thing he had heard. He tried to respond with words but they stuck to his throat as he attempted, weighing on him like the now two swords: his own and the re-wrapped sword of the shark man, on his back. All he could do was nod.

He paid no mind to the group, not taking enough time to register faces or really who had stayed with or took part from the group. He just lightly stretched his neck and made his way to the ship....but stopped short. There was another. Another man had begun boarding, which normally wouldn't had caught Raven's attention, but his look was...different. Not of this world, that was for sure. His jacket, black with a matching fur trim and pants and boots to go along with it was reminiscent of a modern style back in the realm.....he was from.

And his hair. His eyes. Burning shades of crimson unlike anything he had seen before, and yet...natural in appearance, as if he had been born with this impossible color. He tread with hands slipped into his pockets, face unmoved. He appeared cold, like steel. The man stopped as he set foot on the ship, turning.

Turning toward Raven.

Raven averted his eyes, making his way onto the ship as if he hadn't been caught spying. The man with the crimson hair did nothing but turn back, making his way toward the front of the ship, while Raven moved down into the cabins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat May 16, 2015 2:00 am

In response to Yuna's request and Takato's reply, Ima let loose a wide yawn before blinking up drowsily at the two.

Even though she'd spent the previous night 'sleeping' and the rest of the current day doing nothing more strenuous than walking, she was still incredibly low on energy. She probably wouldn't be fully cognizant until tomorrow, and her energy wouldn't be full until the day after that, provided she did nothing strenuous between now and then. Ima knew at some point she would have to ask about what happened after she fell asleep, and talk about why it had happened in the first place, and other things like those, but they were conversations best saved for when she was more awake and aware.

She yawned again, leaning against Takato as she waited for him and Yuna to stop talking about whatever it was they were talking about. Hopefully it would be soon. Ima was awake enough to remember that there were nice yellow birds on the last ship they'd been on, and wanted to see if there were any on the new one before she went to rest in the sun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat May 16, 2015 8:03 am

"Things are..getting tricky..."

This was the first thing that Takato said as he stepped onto the boat. He did not sound pleased or confident with his thoughts; whatever they might be. He toyed with his coat and slowly edged his gloved fingers along the sides of the outfit with a fading smile that hinted at more. As if he knew something that they didn't, and it wasn't good news. Slowly those fingers darted into his coat and pulled out a small, round orb that was familiar to them. The stone that allowed that "Summon" and strange magic that had adapted so well to his own. It's spherical shape stood out and the crackle of mysterious blue light within it lit up the entire cabin entrance.

"I've been studying for a way home since we arrived here, as you know."

He trailed off and he sat down on a nearby chair, placing the orb onto a table as they felt the boat beneath them lurch to move. Takato ignored this, entirely focused on spreading his fingers in a particular motion on both sides of the object. A object that was very much a Sphere. "I've also been studying if these things are common occurrence. Turns out the answer is both yes and no. Spheres are form of magical properties that allow for a mixture of results; one of which includes a boost in Magical Prowess and another being....a form of video and sound recording." he paused, biting his lip as he looked away for a moment. There was a dead, broken hint to the final word.

"Those beasts we fought did not exist until we appeared. That is not a coincidence."

A swirl of clouds appeared in the depths of the Sphere and even though they couldn't see it, what they could detect was something more than a "bird" made of lightning. Faces, eyes and words that all faded before they even began.

"This summon Sphere contains a recording. Linked to us. Including...well...."

His words were cold and the Magi looked almost depressed by the very thing that he was admitting.

"I...can vaguely watch it due to my connection with Quezacotl. However I have learned there is a 'Sphere Theatre' in Luca where these things can be shown like any other video..."

Only an idiot would miss the lingering glance he gave Ima before he looked back at everybody; curling his fingers around the Sphere almost instantly. As if to shield her from it.

"I have known about this longer than I would of liked. You might have guessed from my sudden adoption of the Sphere magic awhile back, Raven."

Negative energy was always easier to sense by those akin to it, after all. Especially when in use.

Quezacotl is practically a fountain for the stuff...

A sigh of breath escaped his lips, as if relieved to have finally ceased lying about something.

"I won't make the choice if you guys would prefer to watch it or not. I just thought you guys deserved to know before I deal with other matters..." finished Takato. On the subject of "other matters" he gestured to Yuna and the others mulling around on various sections of the boat. The death glares coming from most of the guardians towards Zora were one thing, but the whispers that could be heard were another. There were whispers of anger, distaste and hatred from a number of the civilians that wandered by them.

That comment isn't going to be good for me, is it, Zora?

The most disgusting thing about these whispers though was that not a single one was actually directed towards Takato himself. It was unsettling and, if anything, slightly creepy. For someone who, while not the official 'leader' of the group, was attempting to lead them home it made the whole thing quite stress inducing for the blonde.

He did not like dealing with hatred in general. Most of all, he did not like someone showing such disdain to his charge. No matter if the target denied such a title.

He would look into this.

"You guys have any question or something to discuss?"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat May 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Zora wasn't paying too particular attention to what Takato was saying...or more like she wasn't able to. The entire time they got on the boat, she's been gripping on her right arm, feeling it convulsing and twitching as she tries to calm it down. She probably didn't know it, but it was painful. Oh yeah. Really painful than what she expected.

When she heard Takato talking about how the monsters themselves were not normal, she looks up at the small blonde mage. "Don't tell me...they just started to appear when we got thrown in this world...?" She huffs, wondering what the reason was for that. As he talked, she was not oblivious to the glares and whispers directed at her as she looks around. With a sigh, Zora stands up, feeling her arm about to do something out of control before balling it into a fist and slamming it against the wall of the boat. The convulsing calmed down and stopped, letting out a heavy sigh.

"If you're going to glare or talk about someone in front of them or behind their back, that's fine." She started to say to the onlookers around them. "Just shows you're nothing more than a pathetic group of idiots who're too scared to do anything about it. Please, rather than talking or glaring, why don't any of you do something?" she glares back at the guardians especially before motioning with her right hand towards her. "Go on. If you have something to say, say it in my face. If you have something to do to me, then do it. If you're not going to do anything, then shut the fuck up and get out of my face before I try to rip any of yorus off!" Zora was taunting the guardians and Yuna on purpose. It was more than obvious when she didnt even bother covering up her arm or face from other people who haven't seen her. Her red eye that pops out in contrast to her blackened skin then glances to Raven, letting out a soft sigh before grabbing his jacket and pulling him to the wall.

"As for you....sleep." she gives him a 'gentle' push to try and have him sit down. "You think it wasn't obvious how out of it you are? Nothing's going to happen...I gurantee it. Hurry up and rest up or I'm going to throw you overboard." Despite her words, she was a bit worried for his sake...especially since he out of the group of four is the only one capable of picking himself up and fighting again in a short amount of time. Besides, she didn't see herself sleeping well anytime soon. "I don't care about this sphere business...I doubt anyone would let me go to that theatre anyways...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat May 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Despite his wish to stand, Raven's energy was too far gone to do anything about Zora's "push". He slumped down the wall to the floor, his swords falling over with a slight clang. Despite the action, Raven only kept his bloodshot eyes on the wooden floor. "I can't....I've tried...." The silver-haired swordsman rocked back and forth for a moment before cupping his face into his hands, sliding his palms down until the reds of his eyes could be seen. He exhaled hard, shaking his head.

"It's never been this bad before. Never so...." Raven finally, helplessly looked up to the girl with the demon arm. For the first time since he had joined the group, there was something in his eyes that they had never seen: fear. Raven was afraid.

"Every time I close my eyes, every nod off all I see is blood...and teeth. Fangs. I don't know what happened back there, Zora, but I wanted to kill. I wanted to kill the shark guy, the summoner, the priests there...." Raven passed an embarrassed glance over to the others in his party, the magi and the small girl, and then one more to Zora, "I wanted to kill you. All of you. I don't know what happened back there but I will not let it have me. I need to stay in control."

Taking in another deep, shaking breath, Raven slumped his head down into his arms. He muttered to himself, with only a few words being audible. from what could be made out, one word that was repeated was very clear: "stupid".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sat May 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Ima was too tired to understand a lot of the things that were going on right then. Takato's words were still all but nonsensical gibberish to her, and she had no idea what Zora's response to him was or why she suddenly started yelling at all the other people on the boat. They were important matters, whatever they were, she could tell that much, but she'd have to ask them both to explain things to her again later, because at the moment she really didn't get what was happening.

But Ima did get the fact that Raven was upset, and she didn't want that at all.

She toddled over to her friend and dropped down beside him, shifting so she could hug him best she could in the awkward position. Hugs always made her feel better, so surely a hug would make Raven feel better too. She held him as tightly as her small, tired body could, as if her grip could squeeze all the sadness and fear out of him, not loosening her hold even when sitting down made her even more sleepy than she'd been before. Ima had no plans to let go until her friend was happy.

She could go look for the nice yellow birds later. Raven was more important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takato Rutherford
Stigma of the Wind

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:11 am

"What are you all talking about?"

Huh?

Takato looked up from his notes at the sound of the voice. That blonde haired kid? What did he have to say? Hell, when had he started referring someone older than him as a...kid? He needed to get out more. Or at the very least cut the chatter about such things. The blonde magi shuffled his notes and snapped up a certain object before straightening his coat without so much as a word. He was tired and needed to talk with a few people, but this wasn't something he could just blatantly ignore, now could he?

"We didn't have a choice back there, ya?" said a surprisingly calm but sweating Wakka. He rubbed the back of his head nervously. He didn't look ashamed, but he did look a little disappointed with himself. Tidus just looked put out, and rather unsure of himself at the moment. If a little pale. There were various reactions from people and whispers could be heard in the background of the boat, but only some of them were taking her words seriously. And some were more than enough to cause a small stir of talking, whispering and stares.

Fear..

He was going to need to talk to Zora and Raven.

...Ima wasn't out of that either.

...Damn it...

Takato glanced around and ran his fingers along the table, a small flicker of sparks appearing before he dug into his coat pocket. His eyes were on Yuna, yet he could see the shadows from behind her moving. Readying. Preparing. There a sudden spike in temperature and he could practically taste the tension that was forming in the air.

"What did you mean? Choice?" he couldn't help but ask. His nose twitching from the heat.

Wait, heat?

His fingers darted out, clicking.

Lulu barely moved her hand.

"Fire."

"Mico Extrarius ex Meus Manuum."

There were a number of gasps as the collision of the two spells cancelled out on another in a brief light-show of glyph formed electricity and flame. A number of chairs and samples of furniture physically moved from the blows, but nothing major. They, quite literally, vanished on impact. Takato stumbled but his stare was on the older, voluptuous woman staring at them with such anger in her eyes that it made him shiver. And she most certainly wasn't looking at him. Wakka himself looked completely gob-smacked and Yuna had her hand covering her mouth, a shower of nerves shaking along her delicate fingers.

That spell tossed at them had barely been a burn. A slap at most with the power she put into it, but, it was still very much an aggressive move.

"Lulu!"

"H-Hey, what are you...?"

"Lu..."

The dark haired beauty strode up, a confident swagger in her steps and her eyes filled with something horrid. She pushed herself up until she was staring down at Takato. You could almost breathe in the raw hatred that she had bubbling away for Zora on the edge of her lips, but she was silent. Calm. For what she was anyway. A rather angry Black Mage that had just had her very heart insulted. However, she made no move to go any further and instead raised a hand, lightly picking something out between her breasts with a small frown.

She was holding out another Sphere.

"This is yours, right?"

Amber eyes narrowed.

Hold it.

Takato paused.

........He said to focus on my target, but, you two seem fun.....

........You failed the first test. Are you going to fail the second?........

.........Looks like that Guado freak was right.

The Sphere glistened with something dark. Alive.

Lulu cast him a sour glance.

"Kimahri didn't want us to tell you. Normally, I would agree with him."

Her hand parted and dropped it into his gloved hand.

"Only your accusations are only half true. There were two attacks that day..."

Fate..? No. That wasn't right, then...

Amber eyes blinked.

Had they been....stalled!?

"Trying to help you would have been suicide after the first one inside the Cloister."

Tidus clenched his hand and bit his lip, stepping forward with a brief cough as he "butt in"

"...And yet we did anyway."

Takato couldn't make heads or tails of this as he placed the object into his coat. He opened his lips to speak, only to pause once again. Kimahri...was that blue cat-thing, right? Then, where was he? He glanced around and made move to talk, ready to ask that very same question.

And then the boat moved.

"YUNA!"

Kimahri. His voice, from outside?

"SIN."

........................./every action has a reaction/..................

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 am

Zora could see just how afraid Raven was of the form he took on when he fought Kisame. She didn't think too much about it mainly because her attention was more focused on Ima and Takato at the time. Hearing him say these words to her and seeing the fear she never thought she'd see in the white haired man, all she could do was just stare at him blankly. She was aware of Tidus and Wakka talking to Takato as well as the chatter from the people around them due to her words towards Yuna and her guardians, but Zora didn't seem to care in the least bit. Hell, it didn't seem like she was looking at Raven at this point as her mind drifts to a long, forgotten memory of her past...a memory of herself being in this same, terrified position. Was she going to get someone else killed because of her ignorant actions? How much longer would she stay sane? She could barely recall a silhouette approaching her in her weakened state...

...That is, until Lulu decided to cast her black magic against them.

Her attention flicks back to reality as she quickly turns around, bracing herself as she glares at Lulu. Was she really intending on doing harm to Takato...to her friends? "You bitch!" She hisses at the woman, glaring daggers into every part of her body. Even as Lulu was handing the blonde mage a sphere, Zora was still very much defensive. She could feel the silent anger the black mage had for the blue haired girl, and was prepared to attack if Lulu dared to cast another spell at any one of them. She didn't quite seem to understand what Lulu meant about two attacks until Tidus intervenes.

"...First attack....In the Cloister...? Are you talking about the Cloister of Trials?" She hesitantly asked the boy, her eyes narrowing at the thought. It wasn't completely off the mark...After all, going into the Cloister of Trials back at the Besaid Temple was where they faced off with Quetzalcoatl. Did these guardians face a monstrous beast at the end of those Trials like they did? Zora felt a tint of guilt at the thought of that being the truth. After all the insults and curses she shouted at them during the aftermath of Kisame's onslaught...going so far as to provoke and taunt them.

Was she wrong? Was she too quick to jump the gun?

She had no time to think about the ifs, ands, or buts. Zora nearly fell over from the boat shaking before hearing Kimahri's cry. A jolt went through her body as her arm was noticeably twitching on its own. "You've got to be fucking kidding me...!" she growls, pushing both Lulu and Takato out of her way as she makes her way back onto the deck of the ship.

This can't be happening...not now.

Every single day since we've come here...nothing but fighting...

There's no way they can fight off Sin...not again...

I can't let them suffer anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xShanex

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 am

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid."

Raven continued to repeat these words, even as the ball of flame clashed with the lightning and rocked the cabin. He didn't move. In fact, he didn't care. If the fire had licked his skin, he wouldn't have felt it. At least, not to any damaging extent. Even if the spell would have melted the flesh from his bones, at that point, in that place, it would have been a mercy. A just end to whatever he had allowed himself to become. He continued to stare his empty hole through the wood beneath him.

And then the ship rocked.

And he still didn't move.

As the name "Sin" was roared from the deck, Raven would not budge from his self-depreciating mantra. His oath was to battle Sin. Both of his oaths, but what was the word of a monster? He deserved to go down with the ship.

Amidst the screams of the terrified sea goers, another form moved like a ghost across the room. He was silent, unmoved. Even as his black boots hit the wood, their thud seemed to disappear into the void.

Raven could spy the shadows of this spectre's boots out of his peripheral vision. He then watched them stop right in front of him. Even without looking up, he could feel the eyes of the ghost burning through his skull. Raven had no idea why he looked up, but he did, and what he saw was the dead amber stare of the crimson haired man he spied before.

The young man in the black, fur-lined coat looked down upon Raven with a stare reserved only for statues. The almost glowing eyes of the man looked the white-haired hunter over once, and then his sword on the floor. The red-haired man's face didn't shift much. Just a barely noticeable lifting of an eyebrow and an even slighter narrowing of the eyelids.

Raven didn't have to investigate further to recognize a look of disappointment.

As if going up onto the deck to sunbathe rather than fight the living embodiment of Sin, the red-haired man in the black jacket casually strolled on and up to the steps, hands kept in his pockets as he did so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimly

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:00 pm

She didn't wake up, exactly, at the clash between mages or the sound of the screams from outside, but Ima certainly found herself able to focus more clearly. A little. Enough to have a better train of thought than the fuzzily disjointed one she'd had before, at least, one that led her to the idea of going to investigate the latter of the two occurrences. She was tired, and she wanted to find out what the tiff between Takato and the lady had been about too, but people screaming usually meant people needing help, and Ima wanted to help.

Detaching herself from Raven's side, Ima stood and pat her friend on the head, the comforting gesture done so often to her, now also an apology for leaving him. He was still sad and needed hugs, and Ima was reluctant to leave him like that, but she had to. She'd heard it, the first scream, booming louder than all the rest. Sin. Sin, the monster from before, whose fin alone had dwarfed their ship as it headed towards Kilika, destruction its only aim. If that thing was in the water again it wasn't for anything good, and Ima could help stop it like she had before. Even as exhausted as she was she could still aim a gun and pull a trigger, and since she could, she would. She would, so she would also have to leave Raven's side because of it. But it'd be okay. This would help Raven too, just in a different way.

With one last pat and a barely suppressed yawn, Ima toddled out of the cabin into the daylight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)   

Back to top Go down

Calamity Trigger - Sin (World: Spira)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next